April 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 1/28

13»

Re: UO Thursday 1/28

• Options
    My UO is late and revolves around the other month baby announcement threads:

I hate the Baby Announcement threads when people say "he/she is latching like a champ" ... Dude, I do not care what your child is or is not doing to your boobs. Good for him/her being a great titty-sucker, I guess? What a weird thing to declare with such pride.

I also kind of hate when they end it with "we are so in love." How cliche. You're supposed to love your child. It's a given. I think people just throw it in because it's part of the script. We get it, you're all oxytocin-filled and ooooozing love... Do we have to declare it? Get to the good stuff.

Lastly, I hate that February did it so that they are posting a link to their birth story instead of just posting the story directly in the thread. Pointless. I like that most women are totally disregarding that instruction though.

You know posts like this really bothered me before I got pregnant but now I'm more in the post whatever makes you feel like a rockstar about being a parent camp. You saying "good for him/her for being a great titty-sucker I guess," is an appalling response to someone I'm assuming is your friend. And way to look at breastfeeding as icky.

I personally don't understand the animosity towards being proud of what you're going through and sharing it with people. It horrifies me to think that the people you call friends on social media you don't care about their pregnancies, the sex of their child, how they're doing during their pregnancies, etc. What "good stuff" are you referring to exactly? Do you also get bent out of shape when your "friends" post that they're so proud of their husbands? Because you're supposed to be, and no one wants to hear about it?

And I'm not directing this specifically at you @Missingchampagne  it just seems to be the en vogue response to say "I don't care about your happiness" when it comes to social media, and I don't get it.
  • Options
    @Missingchampagne sorry. Just reread this. Didn't initially realize you were talking about another BMB. I shouldn't bump this early in the morning >.<
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Knottie9983816 It's fine, that's why it's under unpopular opinions.

I just read through about 200 of the previous month "baby announcement" threads boards and realized a huge trend is to give an update on the child's breastfeeding skills. To me, this is an odd thing to include with the announcement. 

ETA: It's not that I hate hearing people love their children, either. I hate the generic/scripted lines. I like when people share specific details about their own experiences rather than one that feels like "yeah that what everybody says".