April 2016 Moms

UO Thursday 1/28

What really irks you but probably not the rest of the world?

imageimage

Re: UO Thursday 1/28

• Loading the player...
  • My UO for life is having to slow down to 20mph within a school zone. We won't let kids leave without a parent from an elementary school, walking or otherwise anymore, and it just slows down all traffic. How can slowing down in front of a school, where kids are picked up over fifty feet away from the road, affect any type of safety? It doesn't even prevent people from speeding! Assholes still speed right through them like they don't notice the blinky lights... Ok end rant.
  • erind228 said:

Hospital tours....I really don't see the point of them. I mean in reality, or at least in my experience, you go into labor. Then you get on a elevator to labor and delivery. They check you in. Walk you back to triage, or your room. You have the baby. They wheel you down to the mother/baby unit, and you stay there until you are discharged. Not sure why you need to tour when people pretty much tell you where to go. I realize that not everyone has a routine experience, but in general, I think they are a waste of time. That and birthing classes.....those are a waste of money in my opinion.

I agree on the birth class (just read a book on L&D), but the tour was the best for being able to ask about hospital specific policies/provisions. Plus, for me at least, the hospital is both under major construction and only one set of elevators even goes to the birth center, which are definitely not the easiest ones to find.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rebelone said:

Vague booking I think annoys TF out of everyone along with "unspoken prayer requests." Also the like and share stuff. OMG I especially HATE the beaten up baby / kids /pets exploitation where people will continue resharing pics of them badly beaten up near death. You're not supporting any cause other than showing graphic pics to everyone and further exploiting their image! They're usually tied to the "Type Amen, scroll if your heart is full of hate." The few instances sharing it actually helped a few pets and their owners were arrested. I just can't bear watching videos of adults beating the crap out of their kids. I don't know why those go viral and get shared.

The graphic pictures of mutilated pets/kids/babies infuriate me.  Unfortunately, though I report them every time I see them, they're apparently not against the Facebook TOS. The worst was the picture I saw recently, which was clearly ripped from a crime scene and involved two teenagers and a racist caption about "dead thugs" and "self-defense." That one's not even trying to pretend to be about compassion; apparently though it didn't qualify as either hate speech or "graphic images when they are shared for sadistic pleasure or to celebrate or glorify violence," because I got a message back that the picture didn't actually violate Facebook's Community Standards. Okay then.
  • @AGK2015 is it an excuse if I generally don't give a shit?
  • AEG84 said:
    This is more of a FFFC, but goes along with the Valentine's Day dislike. Our anniversary is February 21. I'm congratulating myself for picking that date because we can buy clearance chocolates and eat out for a normal price. o:)
    OMG that's genius!

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Man I hate having to slow down in a school zone when there are obviously no kids anywhere in sight! And there is a huge fence between the road and the school! It's ridiculous. I also think high schoolers should be smart enough not to jump the fence into the road and get hit by cars.

Childbirth classes suck, at least they do here. I gave up on them. I think it could be useful if it was done right though.
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited January 2016
    @kalanieileen My senior year of college I dated a Guatemalan guy and my friends and I went to the Latin dance club every weekend with him and his friends. All the guys in there wore sunglasses...inside...at night. We called them "papi chulos", and not in an affectionate way...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I wish the FTM Glucose test thread would just die already. It's a negative experience that doesn't need to be extra anxiety to FTM. Seriously this time was actually enjoyable because I had an awesome nurse and they gave me a cup to drink it instead of just handing over the bottle.
  • I only have like 30 facebook friends and I probably have half of them blocked because they post annoying stuff.

Sounds like my husband when he had facebook. He eventually deleted it because of that.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I agree birthing classes are hit or miss. I would skip them if they are charging over $50 for the class. I honestly didn't get much out of them for labor purposes but we did learn a little about soothing baby (Happiest Baby on the Block) that was so helpful in the first few months.

Hospital tours are hit or miss depending on your facility. We took one with DD and since you did everything in one room they told you what to expect, from check in, to labor, recover ect which was nice for a ftm.
  • brit&nate2010brit&nate2010 member
    edited January 2016
    Unless your on bed rest. Pregnancy isn't an excuse not to keep your house clean. It can be harder and sometimes take longer esp with other littles at home, but it's not impossible.

My sil legit didn't clean her upstairs where her 3 kids room are and the kids bathroom the last few months of her pregnancy heck even a couple months after the baby was born, just eww.
  • brit&nate2010brit&nate2010 member
    edited January 2016
    Right. If my almost 2 yr old and 4 yr old can help with simple chores and cleaning. There is no excuse for able bodied adults. Hubby jumps in and helps when he gets home from work, granted I have most of it done by then. He does things like carry the laundry up and down the stairs since I've slipped a few times and always have dogs and kids under my feet. I guess I was just raised where you keep a clean house
  • @emgee27 The school district south of us has actually made a new rule that they are not allowed to be used or brought to campus at any of their schools (elementary through high). I think this is a good rule considering their safety flaws. I really want our district to follow suit. Students from the wealthy area of town are members of our student body (we're talking students that live in multi-million dollar mansions on the ocean and intercoastal, so serious bucks) so we have a number of students that got these are Christmas gifts and are more than happy to show them off. It just seriously freaks me out that they are such a safety hazard, and our district has yet to act on banning them due to that.

And yes, unless you are a kid using it for transportation of fun around OUTSIDE...you look like a douche using one. Adults, I'm talking to you.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @emgee27 The school district south of us has actually made a new rule that they are not allowed to be used or brought to campus at any of their schools (elementary through high). I think this is a good rule considering their safety flaws. I really want our district to follow suit. Students from the wealthy area of town are members of our student body (we're talking students that live in multi-million dollar mansions on the ocean and intercoastal, so serious bucks) so we have a number of students that got these are Christmas gifts and are more than happy to show them off. It just seriously freaks me out that they are such a safety hazard, and our district has yet to act on banning them due to that.

And yes, unless you are a kid using it for transportation of fun around OUTSIDE...you look like a douche using one. Adults, I'm talking to you.
    New York City has outlawed the hoverboards on public transit because of safety issues.

And yes, you do look like a douche.
  • Man I hate having to slow down in a school zone when there are obviously no kids anywhere in sight! And there is a huge fence between the road and the school! It's ridiculous. I also think high schoolers should be smart enough not to jump the fence into the road and get hit by cars.

Childbirth classes suck, at least they do here. I gave up on them. I think it could be useful if it was done right though.

You think they're smart enough to know better, but I went to high school with some dumb little shits.

I teach high school....they have zero common sense.
  • AGK2015 said:

sarahufl said:

Unless your on bed rest. Pregnancy isn't an excuse not to keep your house clean. It can be harder and sometimes take longer esp with other littles at home, but it's not impossible.

My sil legit didn't clean her upstairs where her 3 kids room are and the kids bathroom the last few months of her pregnancy heck even a couple months after the baby was born, just eww.

Every time I see threads about not cleaning your house, I roll my eyes. Sure, it takes longer, and there were some unpleasant tasks I farmed out to my husband in the first tri (omg, I COULD NOT empty the trash or clean the toilets). But to live in total filth for 9 months is just beyond me.
    Yeah while I agree one shouldn't live in "filth" for 9 months and pregnancy isn't an excuse not to clean most of the time, from someone living with 2 dogs, a cat and a toddler I have "readjusted" my expectations of what is acceptable from a cleanliness perspective. I vacuum and literally 2 hours later my carpet is gross again. My cleaning routine has become surface cleaning only.

Yup. I keep things sanitary (trash out, toilets clean, dishes done, counters and tables wiped down after use), but things like sweeping the floors daily or vacuuming the bedroom or mopping the dining room or dusting the shelves or trying to keep the dog toys corralled, miscellaneous crap tidied, and the shoes from piling up by the door? Nah. There's a difference between being surrounded by a mess and living in total filth. I'll pretend to be an immaculate housekeeper when we're expecting guests; otherwise, screw it.

Exactly. I have kids and dogs, so my house is rarely spotless. But I have a daily routine. Lol

I just don't understand filth or using pregnancy as a reason not to be able to keep the house kept up, not necessarily perfect
  • My UO:

Facebook is dumb. Period.

My account has been deactivated for 4+ years and I have no intentions of making another one.

Why should I feel obligated to "add" random ass people that I don't know/people that I used to know but don't talk to anymore/nosy family members that I don't even like, etc. Why should I be subject to getting tagged in other people's locations and pictures?

Just....why?

Everyone that I talk to on the regular has my cell and my email. I don't need Facebook to share special moments/important information with them.

The Bump is the closest thing I have to social media right now.

I don't even have a Snap Chat, IG, Twitter...its just a bit much.

Okay....I'm done.