August 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else having babies close together in age?

2»

Re: Anyone else having babies close together in age?

• Options
    ebilbaoebilbao member
    edited February 2016
    DDRRT1982 said:
    Mine will be 19 months apart - my first was born toward the end of last Feb and this one is due at the end of Aug.  @Neesey @DDRRT1982 -- I remember you both from Feb 2015 board! Hello again. :)
    Sorry, I was on the Dec 14 board. Not Feb. I changed my name, so probably someone else. I have a May 13 and a Dev 14 making them 18 months. Dec baby will be 20 months older than my Aug baby.
    I was on D14, too! Good to have another hardcore mama on this board. (D14 was no BS and slightly scary sometimes)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just curious, how are you all able to take maternity leave with your kids so close in age??  You're only eligible for FLA every 24 mos, which is why our kids will be almost exactly 2 years apart - I wanted the option to take the full 20 weeks of leave.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, this baby was a surprise following four years of trying for DS (I didn't think I could ever get pregnant naturally) so it doesn't matter if I am allowed to take leave or not-I'm
    just taking it. I also don't have to deal with FMLA and will have six weeks paid, six weeks unpaid. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just curious, how are you all able to take maternity leave with your kids so close in age??  You're only eligible for FLA every 24 mos, which is why our kids will be almost exactly 2 years apart - I wanted the option to take the full 20 weeks of leave.
    I am not saying you are wrong, but I thought it was every 12 months.  I had my daughter in May 2013 and went back to work August of 2013.  I then began maternity leave December 2014 and was eligible again.  I thought because it had been a year and I worked the required hours I was eligible again.
  • Options
    DOUBLE STROLLERS: I don't think this has been discussed on this thread yet (apologies if I'm wrong)... but are many of you planning on getting a double stroller?  I'd love to think I'll babywear and not need a double, but I'm afraid that won't always be the case.  We have 2 singles now - a lightweight and a BOB - and I'm debating whether I'll still need both, and whether to sell the BOB to help pay for a new double.  I'm thinking about the Baby Jogger City Select and the UppaBaby Vista (likely used) since they can be configured so many ways and are in-line.  Would love to hear thoughts of other STMs and those who have already mastered this phase!

• Options
    We got a double, but I am also babysitting a 10 week old in addition to our 9 month old. When this baby is born DD will be 16 months and the baby I'm babysitting will be 8 months, so I will probably just baby wear quite a bit. 
  • Options
    It's nice to see so many of you will be having kids close together! As long as I don't have some sort of horrific experience with labor, we plan to start trying for baby 2 when our LO is about 6 months old. We've always wanted to have our babies close together, even though it may not be the "norm".
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DDRRT1982 FMLA is every rolling 12 months, but FLA is every rolling 24 months, and I want at least the option of those extra 12 weeks.  I've checked and checked again because I would have preferred my kids be a little closer, but the leave time was too important to give up so we decided to wait a few more months.  I started my FLA on 8/11/14 and was told time and time again I'm not eligible for FLA again until 8/11/16, which happens to be my due date haha.
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    My first 2 are 22 months apart and this baby will be 18 months apart from my 2nd. I'm nervous about telling my boss too. He is leaving soon but it's the duty managers I'm worrying about haha. I only went back to work December lol. I only work 2 days since my first was born so they shouldn't be too annoyed hopefully. Xx 
  • Options
    DDRRT1982DDRRT1982 member
    edited February 2016
    Oh, I guess I am confused and don't even know what FLA is.  I though my you meant FMLA.