Trying to Get Pregnant

What day is it?!

Hello all- I have taken a 6 year hiatus from The Bump and I'm excited to say, I am newly engaged and my fiance and I are excited to start a family. 

Anyways, I had my IUD removed at the beginning on the month. Later that week I did have some gross spotting/bleeding. I have been randomly testing for ovulation, but nothing daily because I didn't want to waste them all having NO idea where I was in my cycle. 

The last couple days I've had small spotting - Sunday was so light and brown. Monday same, but with some red, and then yesterday back to some brown. Yesterday was the first time I felt like I even needed a panty liner. I've only really seen it when I went to the bathroom or when I wiped. 

My fiance is convinced it's a period but he has no idea what my periods were like. Balled up on the floor crying for two days, and lots of blood. Not just a little when I wipe! But he says it's my period and I can't help but think maybe implantation... Which I know is so stupid rare it's dumb for me to even think. 

I suppose my question is, has anyone had similar experience coming off their IUD like this? Would I spot randomly for a month or two? I know my body may take some time to get back to normal, but I don't want to go through 50 ovulation tests the next month assuming this is a period. I plan on testing this weekend or Monday just in case it IS implantation bleeding. I just wish I knew what day I was on in my cycle! 
2 angel babies, 6 year old post Clomid. 
Newly engaged and TTC 

Re: What day is it?!

• It is Wednesday, January 27th. Question answered. Case closed.
    yessssss thank youuuu
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • Loading the player...
  • Your body can absolutely take time to regulate after coming off of an IUD.  Sometimes quite a bit of time.  If you just had it removed I'd say it's highly, highly unlikely you are pregnant and this is "implantation bleeding," especially if you needed clomid to get KU the first time, but I don't have uterus goggles so I can't tell you for sure--only a pregnancy test can.  Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, start temping and charting, and have patience with your body as it regulates coming off of the IUD.  Good luck to you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • gkatieh said:

Hello all- I have taken a 6 year hiatus from The Bump and I'm excited to say, I am newly engaged and my fiance and I are excited to start a family. 

Anyways, I had my IUD removed at the beginning on the month. Later that week I did have some gross spotting/bleeding. I have been randomly testing for ovulation, but nothing daily because I didn't want to waste them all having NO idea where I was in my cycle. 

The last couple days I've had small spotting - Sunday was so light and brown. Monday same, but with some red, and then yesterday back to some brown. Yesterday was the first time I felt like I even needed a panty liner. I've only really seen it when I went to the bathroom or when I wiped. 

My fiance is convinced it's a period but he has no idea what my periods were like. Balled up on the floor crying for two days, and lots of blood. Not just a little when I wipe! But he says it's my period and I can't help but think maybe implantation... Which I know is so stupid rare it's dumb for me to even think. 

I suppose my question is, has anyone had similar experience coming off their IUD like this? Would I spot randomly for a month or two? I know my body may take some time to get back to normal, but I don't want to go through 50 ovulation tests the next month assuming this is a period. I plan on testing this weekend or Monday just in case it IS implantation bleeding. I just wish I knew what day I was on in my cycle! 

QFP

Lots of people spot for weeks or months after an IUD. I second what pp said. Start taking your basal body temp, download fertility friend and read TCOYF. Also, please read the pinned threads at the top of the board. Welcome!
    BabyGaga
  • gkatiehgkatieh member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks y'all! I knew I'd spot right after but didn't really think of the possibility of spotting randomly for weeks or months. I appreciate the input! I highly doubt pregnant too, but I just KNOW it isn't a period and couldn't imagine what else. Thanks again :) 
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • PPs gave good advice but I'd also like to add that your period may be very different now than it was prior to the IUD. You may return to what your normal flow was like before but you may not. Bodies are super weird. I was on BCP for nearly 15 years. I went on them because I had horrible, long cycles and horrible cramping. Since I've been off the pill, I've had textbook 28 day cycles, light flow, and next to no cramping (not complaining). My experience has no bearing on yours I just shared it as an example of how our cycles can and do change over time. Good luck!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I had Mirena for 4 years and had it taken out last March. I didn't spot, but my periods have been a lot lighter than before I had it. Before the Mirena, I had a very heavy flow for at least 5 days and terrible cramping. Now my period consistently lasts for 4 days with only one heavy day and 3 much lighter days. And ZERO cramping... It's glorious. 

Point being- IUD's can definitely change your cycle. Implantation bleeding is rare and usually not that noticeable, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I recommend temping and charting in FF. Then you wouldn't have to spend so much money and you would have a good idea where you are in your cycles.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• gkatieh said:

Yes, I spotted for an entire month after my IUD was removed. It was awful. We were not TTC that month, so I have no idea what happened ovulation-wise. My best guess is that it was anovulatory. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Implantation bleeding, if it does happen, is usually pinkish, not brown like you said, and it usually only lasts a day. So I doubt it is implantation bleeding.
  • Yeah I agree. I was thinking if it WAS implantation, that might have been the red/pink I saw for one or two wipes, and the rest was "old" leftover things from my IUD. I had no red when I spotted after my IUD removal. Who knows. lol
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • Where can I get these "uterus googles"..? hehe thanks!
    Newly engaged and TTC 
  • Echoing some of the other pp's, after I had my Mirena IUD removed, my periods have been MUCH different. Lighter, shorter, and way less painful. I used to have 7-10 day very heavy cycles and terrible cramps. I'd have to wear a super tampon and a pad just in case. Now, 5 days max with only 2-3 of medium flow. I don't even have to take anything for pain. It's great!
    Me: 32
    DH: 30
    DS: Born 10/21/2011
    Mirena Removal: 11/23/2015 
  • Ally0221 said:
    Echoing some of the other pp's, after I had my Mirena IUD removed, my periods have been MUCH different. Lighter, shorter, and way less painful. I used to have 7-10 day very heavy cycles and terrible cramps. I'd have to wear a super tampon and a pad just in case. Now, 5 days max with only 2-3 of medium flow. I don't even have to take anything for pain. It's great!
    It's cool to know it's not just me. I've often wondered if anyone else had a similar experience with Mirena.

It also cured my acne. I had terrible cystic acne for years before Mirena. After I had it put in, I noticed the acne slowly going away. I had Mirena removed nearly a year ago and still no acne! Mirena was seriously one of the BEST decisions I ever made. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker