August 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change

How many weeks today?

How big is baby (fruit size or other)?

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms?

Questions?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy?
Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Options
    How many weeks today? 10 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Changed the theme on my app to games and it says Lego man lol

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? No more nausea which has been nice but this bloat and gas is terrible. My boobs have out grown all my bras already :# But I'm super excited for my first actual OB apt today! I'm hoping they'll do an US so I can hear the heartbeat this time. FX

Questions?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I really want to start buying things but I'm going to wait to figure out what we're having first. But I'm already getting gifts from friends/coworkers so that's super exciting :)
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    How many weeks today? 12 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Plum

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I don't want to get out of bed!!! Why isn't it the weekend yet? Although if I get out of bed, I can listen to the recording of baby's heartbeat without waking DH up.

Questions? Is the end of 12 or 13 weeks technically the end of the first trimester?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I bought two onsies that are related to our basketball team that we like, but that's how I told DH that I was pregnant. Now just waiting till we find out gender.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 11

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Lime

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? So excited to have made it this far! I am so ready to say good bye to the first trimester in 2 weeks!

Questions? What do they check for when they do your first blood draw?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I'm definitely waiting! But we have a DD so I want to wait until we find out what we are having before we start buying stuff to see if we can reuse a lot or if we need boy stuff. Luckily most of my big stuff like car seat ECT is gender neutral.
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 13

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? a pretty peach!

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? My lower back/hips/sciatica are killing me. But I feel a bit less tired which is nice. I have to go back tomorrow for another attempt at the NT scan measurements (baby didn't cooperate last week) so I'm excited to see her (?) again.

Questions? Nope!

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I plan to wait until we find out the sex in late-March. Then I can pull the registry stuff together, make a plan for nursery and figure out what we need/want.
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 10 

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Cardinal Tetra Fish

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I got to see lo on an ultrasound Monday and the heartbeat. Definitely puts my mind at ease and lessens my anxiety.

Questions? How do you get the amount of water down that is recommended every day? I am having a huge issue with it.

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? We haven't bought anything yet but we have a 9 month old dd so we are going to wait until we find out the sex of the baby before we get too much. 
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 10

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Kumquat

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I am so tired all the time even after a full night of sleep but I assume it's because I'm also chasing after a 2 year old and work full time hoping to get some energy back real soon

Questions? None

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? We are waiting until we find out the gender as we have every thing still from our 2 year old DD but we are thinking about starting to buy a pack of diapers every week or so to start stocking up
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 13!

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? A peach

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Just the usual, headaches, nausea, bloating. Ready to get my energy back.

Questions? Nope!

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? We've just bought a high chair and diaper pale because they were on sale. We did purchase a couple of adorable onesies on our honeymoon to Disney/Universal in October.

@alyssajrob22 I think it's week 13. There's 40 weeks total, so I think that's the closest to 1/3.

@jamiesc58 I really don't enjoy water, so I used Dasani water flavor stuff and also just lime juice.
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 13 weeks

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Peach

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? nope

Questions? nope

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? Haha, I'm a shop-a-colic, so I've bought a few things, but am trying to reign myself in.

@alyssajrob22 - What PP said - end of the 13th week. I actually asked my OB this just last week and that's what she said.

@jamiesc58 - I have a hard time getting down the recommended amount of h20 also. Usually, I don't get it all in. I've been adding a small amount of lemonade flavoring to it to make it tolerable. 
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 11weeks! It is flying by....

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? One App says a lime. But the other says a Brussels Sprout. Which, let's be honest, is way cuter. :smirk: 

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? My doctor called yesterday right as they were closing and left a message saying they called me in a prescription. Didn't say what, or what for. How lovely. Called back this morning, seems that I have a UTI...didn't even know it. Again, lovely. 

Questions? Anyone else have a UTI and not know it? Last time I FOR SURE knew I had one...

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I haven't bought anything but a pair of leather loafers, I couldn't pass them up. My mom has already starting buying stuff though...
    first time momma
    -a heart at peace gives life to the body-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks today?
    12w

Plum

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Just really tired, all the time.

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy?
    No, I'm still in the researching baby equipment and recommendations stage. I think I'll try to hold off on somethings until closer to the due date in case I decide to return them (we'll see). I have bought maternity clothes though.

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 11!

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I need to tell my boss. Don't wanna!

Questions?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I have purchased some maternity pants for myself, nothing for the baby yet!

@Tnallen107 - I also was diagnosed with a UTI at my last appointment and didn't realize I had one. (Though, in retrospect I should have suspected something bc of frequency but no pain.) the antibiotics cleared mine up quickly and all is much better now!
  • Options
    How many weeks? 11

How big is baby? A lime

Rants/raves/symptoms? Super stuffy nose, just exhausted, can't think clearly, emotional roller coaster. So, normal. Bought two new bras three weeks ago in my new larger size, and worried that they feel a bit tight...
    Super excited about finally hearing the heartbeat and seeing my little blob last week.

Questions? Anyone else have the heartbeat pick up far right or left of center? Trying not to worry about it, but seriously, it was 4+ inches left of my belly button.

GTKY- I have bought some maternity clothes from various thrift stores, but only a couple of "baby" items- a teddy bear like the one I had as a LO, and a tiny dragon finger puppet. We'll get most stuff probably after month 5. My parents want to send the family cradle, but we live halfway across the country, so maybe not. We are trying to find a good nursery wall color and decorating with fantastic creatures like dragons,fairies, unicorns, griffons, etc. It's my idea of gender-neutral.

• Options
    How many weeks today? 11

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I am really looking forward to the 2nd trimester and ready to not be so tired, although I am not sure that I will ever get my energy back! I started sleeping with a full body pillow, lets just say my nights have been amazing!

Questions?

GTKY: Have you already started buying baby stuff? Or do you plan to wait till later on in the pregnancy? I am waiting until we find out the sex, although my MIL insisted on buying us a crib and dresser we liked, so that will be delivered in March. I am not complaining about it, a few less things we have to buy!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 13 Weeks
    How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Onion I think?
    Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? I'm sick.... yet again.  Allergies are kicking my butt and I have barely anything to take to take care of them.  Not fun.  Sleep sucks too and I pee a million times at night.  I thought I was done with morning sickness and then yesterday I puked again. =( lame.  At least I feel better today.

I mostly will wait to buy stuff 'till later when we find out the gender since I already have so much boy stuff anyway.  I did however buy the Hush Hat when it was on sale a couple days ago.  I'm sure we'll need it since child #1 will be running around when child #2 is napping.

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks today?

- Plum

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? 
    - I'm so ready to get some energy back, to stop feeling so lousy and start enjoying pregnancy.  Seriously, I'm pretty miserable.  I'm not getting sick often and when I do it's usually first thing in the morning when my stomach is empty - I think that is my only saving grace right now.  Headaches have kicked in and they pack a wallop.  My belly has popped just a little.  It made me cry.  Not because it's sad but I was just emotionally overwhelmed by it.  This girl right here is a Hot Mess.

Questions?
    - This gets better, right?

- No purchases yet but friends gave us the tub they used with their girl.
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 10W

How big is baby (fruit size or other)? Prune

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Rant: I had a stomach virus over the weekend and was SO sick.  I ended up in the ER for fluids and meds and fortunately am doing much better.  Then DD caught it and then DH, so it's just been a miserable few days in our house.
    Rave: I'm finally feeling better! Last night I ate a full meal for the first time in days.
    Symptoms: Still dealing with regular nausea and fatigue.

Questions? Nope

We're waiting for now.  If it's another girl we have pretty much everything we would need and if it's a boy we just need some clothes really. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks today? 11

Rants/ Raves/ Symptoms? Booked my appointment with my new OB who is also a high risk doctor, so that's exciting! No waiting to be referred to someone else for some appointments. Symptoms are mainly fatigue and nausea when I haven't eaten in a while. It is so bad in the morning, that I practically run to the kitchen to try to beat actually getting sick. I should really start preparing meals ahead of time.

Questions?

How is the first trimester already almost over? My other two pregnancies seemed to just drag in the beginning.

Nope. I always put stuff in my online cart, and then I back out for some reason. We will probably wait until we are further along. It just seems like its too soon, I guess.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Iristhewild I had sickness really bad in the morning when I was pregnant with my dd. I started leaving crackers, graham crackers, or any other little quick snack on my bedside table. I would eat a few when I woke up before even getting out of bed and that seemed to do the trick for me.