April 2016 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change

Week/Baby Size:

Symptoms:

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions:

GTKY: Lurking on TTGP because I like seeing BFPs, they were sharing wedding pictures as GTKY, so share a picture of your wedding dress! :)
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Loading the player...
  • imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited January 2016
    @thaisac1 Get a normal size box of NB since you don't know how big he'll be (plus you can stock up from the hospital!) and a jumbo of 1, since you'll use it no matter what. Have some kind of baby wash/shampoo, a diaper cream (we love Butt Paste), gripe water (for reflex, gas, etc), gas drops. Your pedi may also recommend giving Vitamin E drops, but ask when you decide who you're going to.
  • You are both incredibly gorgeous with stunning dresses!!!!!

3 miscarriages - 1 DS (6) - 1 DD (3)  - #3 due March 30!

• Week/Baby Size: 27 weeks/Rutabaga 

Symptoms: Heart burn, some lightning crotch here and there and being out of breath so freaking quick. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: None really. All has been going well. Not looking forward to glucose test next week. 

Upcoming Appointments: Glucose test next week. 

Questions: Nada 

GTKY: Lurking on TTGP because I like seeing BFPs, they were sharing wedding pictures as GTKY, so share a picture of your wedding dress.

Not a great pic of my dress but I don't have many of our party pics on my phone. Dress is a Badgley Mishka and the details were stunning. We didn't have a traditional "wedding" so no traditional dress or pics. We told everyone, including our parents, it was a pre elopement party but we had a good friend who was ordained marry us at the party. EVERYONE was shocked. It was a blast. Side note, I really need to get back down to the weight I am in this pic. Sigh..... 

• @misstopsail my husband could feel kicks around 20 weeks.
  • @misstopsail DH felt DD1 at 19 weeks exactly, but he didn't feel DD2 until 22 weeks 4 days because of an anterior placenta. He has only felt her once since then (partially because of how she had moved up until the past couple days, partially because he hasn't tried to as much). There are different factors that can affect how easy or hard it is to feel them from the outside, such as placenta placement, how you're carrying, and how the baby moves.
  • @imrachellea / @thaisac1 thanks ladies.. I'm a curvy gal, and I think that's factoring into it.. Not to mention baby stops moving When DH tries to feel him! I just feel bad for him.
  • @Goldsgirl9 I had similar thoughts posting myself in my wedding dress here and my current state in HDBD...obviously, a baby changes the figure, but I was definitely a good 30+ lbs lighter at my wedding than my starting point for this kiddo! I guess there will always be time for that later! DH just informed me this morning that he wants me to go back to work teaching next year (which was always the plan) but not wait as long to get pregnant with #3 and then me stay at home with the kids, so that would be me pregnant again in Jan/Feb of next year if we can time it again, as we did for the first two...so eventually I'll get my body back, just don't think it will be any time soon! Haha :) (Also, I'm totally fine with this timeline as we waited longer than I wanted for this second kid! I'm hoping for an October baby next, I love the fall!)
  • Another question, girls: How often do you feel hiccups?
    I've been feeling 2-3 times/ day lately, for as long as 10 mins...
  • @thaisac1 ALL.THE.TIME.  Seriously, LO has them right now.  It's at least 5-6 times a day.  DH says she's practicing because she's going to be a wineo like her mama.

imageimage
  • Lurking from the weekend ticker change to say you all look beautiful! <3
  • @briterfly84 Good to know! Thanks!
  • @emgee27 Thank you! I seriously contemplated making this a board-wide GTKY...maybe we should!!! On TTGP they also did wedding colors, where they showed pictures of details that fit their scheme. And for ladies not married, pictures from their dream weddings :) Its such a fun way to get to know each other!
  • I left my question section blank because I'm brain dead and couldn't remember what my questions was :/ I remember now though!

Is anyone else's baby still sitting breech?  Apparently my child likes sitting upright, lol.  I was told there's still time for baby to move into the correct position.  For STM, have any of you had this happen?  Did your baby turn?  Are there exercises or stretches that may help move the baby?
  • @amandac12581 I had a nurse tell me that they like to see them head down by 30 weeks. Have you ever heard of spinning babies? You should look it up, they have lots of techniques to try!

@NOLA520 thanks!! :) It was the first one I tried on haha
  • @amandac12581 I honestly couldn't tell you which way LO is right now! I seriously think she is still flipping all around, based on where I feel kicks at different points of the day.  Here's hoping she gets in position in the next few weeks, because this mama isn't going to take kindly to her dancing on my bladder much longer.

imageimage
  • also...I love that so many of us went with non-traditional weddings! DH and I spent months talking about how to put our little ceremony together, but in the end, we planned it 2 weeks in advance, I bought my dress at Ross for $20, borrowed a friend's dock, and we went on our married little way.  Don't get me wrong...I LOVE a good wedding/party, but for us, we didn't do the big shebang!  
    @iamrachellea....DO IT! I wanna gawk at everyone's wedding photos! :-)

imageimage
  • I left my question section blank because I'm brain dead and couldn't remember what my questions was :/ I remember now though!

Is anyone else's baby still sitting breech?  Apparently my child likes sitting upright, lol.  I was told there's still time for baby to move into the correct position.  For STM, have any of you had this happen?  Did your baby turn?  Are there exercises or stretches that may help move the baby?

My boy was head down at 26w, but today at 30w he was transverse. I have been suspecting that he moved to transverse a few days ago because I could feel movements on both sides of my waist. Also contributes to me feeling very stretched. There is still lots of room and time for him to move though.
  • Thanks ladies!  I will check out Spinning Babies too.  I'm hoping baby moves.
  • MrsCayEyeMrsCayEye member
    edited January 2016
    Week/Baby Size: 29 & acorn squash

Symptoms: nothing really, just a big belly

Rants/Raves/Stories: the last few weeks have been insane for my family, some good and some bad. Finally starting to get a grip on things again and settle down. I also had to take the 3 hour GD test yesterday, so I'm anxious for those results

Upcoming Appointments: next week, how is it already time for 2 week appointments??

Questions?: nothing right now

GTKY: wedding dress

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @amandac12581 DS was breech for awhile but turned head down sometime after 30 weeks and stayed that way. I am pretty sure this LO is transverse right now based on where I feel movement, but there is still plenty of time to turn.

@thaisac1 I don't feel hiccups that often this time, maybe once a day? I'm also not paying as close of attention as I was with DS. I feel like he had hiccups constantly.