Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Trying to conceive #5

Good Morning Ladies,Just wanted to share some encouraging words to us all for today. We might be so involved with ttc that we forget about the true meaning of what we are doing. We are looking to create life with our husbands. Enjoy your lovemaking and if this month isn't the month for a BFP try try try again. Your lovemaking is forever together so enjoy your blessing.

Re: Trying to conceive #5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Edit bc gif fail

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    Wow!! I thought this group was for people trying to conceive and to share and support one another. Well here I see someone that is trying to do all of the above, and is getting attacked for sharing a motivating comment?! One which I feel is quite accurate. I think a lot of relationships struggle when there is problems while trying to conceive. It would be different if they had put something rude and ignorant, then I could see people voicing their opinions and standing for what you believe. But this person is obviously trying to be positive and helpful, and unfortunately through your struggles, you have found underlying insults. I am sorry that you are having a difficult time in your journey, a lot of us are, but neither you nor I know what this person has been through in their journey and belittling them isn't the right way to go. Maybe they had been trying for years before they were blessed with children, maybe losses, maybe all other children are adopted, surrogates, or step children and they are trying for the first biological child, maybe none of this is true and they have had many easy wonderful pregnancies, that doesn't mean their story should be assumed or that they have any different right to be here and share. If you read something and you don't like it, stop reading it and move on!  
  • Options

Wow!! I thought this group was for people trying to conceive and to share and support one another. Well here I see someone that is trying to do all of the above, and is getting attacked for sharing a motivating comment?! One which I feel is quite accurate. I think a lot of relationships struggle when there is problems while trying to conceive. It would be different if they had put something rude and ignorant, then I could see people voicing their opinions and standing for what you believe. But this person is obviously trying to be positive and helpful, and unfortunately through your struggles, you have found underlying insults. I am sorry that you are having a difficult time in your journey, a lot of us are, but neither you nor I know what this person has been through in their journey and belittling them isn't the right way to go. Maybe they had been trying for years before they were blessed with children, maybe losses, maybe all other children are adopted, surrogates, or step children and they are trying for the first biological child, maybe none of this is true and they have had many easy wonderful pregnancies, that doesn't mean their story should be assumed or that they have any different right to be here and share. If you read something and you don't like it, stop reading it and move on!  

QFP
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options

Maybe this article
    about the best time to get pregnant will be useful for someone, enjoy:
    https://motherhow.com/when-is-the-best-time-to-get-pregnant/
    Qfp
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited January 2016
    Whoa whoa whoa.... hold the phone. TTC #5? Anna Duggar, is that you???

Suddenly EVERYTHING makes sense.

ETA: unrelated to this post, but I didn't want to start yet another new one... @bornmommy, that is by far my favorite gif. It makes me so happy when it's used.

• Options
    My husband works afternoon shift (4p-1230am) and I work days. I have to wake up at 5 am so I can bring my son to my moms before work. So if I want to have "good" timing in the FW, I have to wake up at 1:30am-3am (depending when he gets home) to "enjoy my blessings" with him. It's hard to fall back asleep, I don't particularly enjoy it and it basically feels like a chore because I would never spontaneously wake up for sex in the middle of the night on a weekday. But I hate seeing my crosshairs and realizing I had terrible timing. So your encouraging words just don't resonate with me. I find other ways to love my husband but TTC sex isn't one of them.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *loss mention*

On that note, yes TTC is a super duper blessing when you're terrified it will just end in another loss. Such enjoyable. Much naivete. Good for you and your x4 functioning uterus. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"