September 2016 Moms
Options

Rush wedding

Sooo... we were planning a September wedding... now we are planning a September baby.
The dress I bought has been put on rush, and now we are planning a March 5 wedding. Bah.... Emotion overload and overwhelmed...
I have 5 weeks ...and still want a nice wedding and want to look beautiful... so I'm thinking organic spray tan... also hair...ummm... are we allowed to get our hair colored? Please don't judge.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Rush wedding

• Options
    Congrats on the wedding!   To answer your hair coloring question, yes it is safe. https://americanpregnancy.org/is-it-safe/hair-treatments-during-pregnancy/
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    Congratulations, and good luck. 5 weeks is not a lot of time to plan a wedding! Go ahead and die your hair. (You could always do an ombre look if you're not personally comfortable dying the roots)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies!! ♡ 5 weeks isn't long at all :/ we have been together for almost 4 years... I'm grateful his sister came over today to help us get a game plan together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    jennlynn777jennlynn777 member
    edited January 2016
    Congrats! And yes of course you can get your hair colored. I know some sticklers who might say otherwise but I dyed my hair with my 3rd child and it was perfectly fine. They can use less chemical, less time, or you can get an all natural dye from the whole food store if it bothers you. Just be cautious during pregnancy with trying any new products. Be sure to share pics with all of us!! :-)
  • Options
    A very similar situation happened to a friend of mine and they moved up the wedding date.  Everything turned out fine and it was a beautiful wedding.  And I still color my hair during pregnancy.  Congrats and good luck with the wedding!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! It will be beautiful!! Try not to stress about the details ( I know it may feel impossible to do!) 
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Congrats! If you are going to dye your hair (which I did during my first pregnancy) I would have it done professionally. My hair took the dye differently than pre pregnancy, and I wouldn't want to end up with a hair disaster!
    ***********************************************************************************************
    #1 born 8/21/14, #2 & 3 (identical) due 9/27/16

• Options
    yey!! I love weddings! =)
    Congratulations!!! I organized my wedding in less than 3 months, I was not pregnant and it was a lot to do! You can do it, but please try to delegate and ask for help. It will be stressful.
    Send pictures!!!! =)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you need anything?!
  • Options
    ***loss mentioned*** Just remember one thing - if your dress fits strangely it's because of bloat and likely no one will notice but you! DH and I have been married almost 2 years, but we had a ceremony back in October for friends and family because no one came to our beach wedding. My dress barely fit me because (even though I'd just lost the baby the week beforehand) the bloat hadn't disappeared. There are little things like that related to the baby you will notice, leave yourself some room! And be kind. You're growing a human. Also - congratulations! And good luck - if you need help planning, let us know. And you can PM me if need be, I did really well with all my planning.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    All I'll say is that between the stress of planning a wedding so quickly and huge fluctuations in hormones during first tri, you might have a few overwhelming moments. Just breathe and try to remember that you are dealing with a lot presently and things might not be as bad as they seem right at that moment. Try to let things go as much as you can.

Good luck! I'm sure it will be a beautiful wedding! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I'm blessed to have a huge support system. My MOH came over and got me on track. His mom and aunt are doing the cake and food, my pastor is amazing and booked the church and reception area for us and is bumping up counseling. Brent has been great for reassuring me and letting me nap daily.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker