Pregnant after a Loss

Checking in

kimey1kimey1 member
edited January 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hi moms!

I am almost 27 weeks and just ordered favors for my baby shower. Invites were sent and RSVPs are coming in. While my MIL and SIL are planning the decor and games, hubby and I are taking care of the favors and deciding on the food and cake. Ordering the favor chocolates reminded me how blessed I am to have this little one kicking inside me.
I wanted to check in with all the mamas because I remember quite a few who went through a loss when I did and got pregnant again around when I did. At times I'm still nervous but I'm staying positive!
Hope to hear from all you other mamas :smile:

Re: Checking in

• Enjoy your shower!!!  I'm far behind you and haven't given a thought to all that stuff yet.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @CarrieandRoy Thank you! Looking forward to your updates later on!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's exciting!! I'm just ahead of you at 28 wks thursday. I have a shower in 3 weeks! I still have some nerves too, i freak anytime i think i'm not feeling him enough. Sometimes i am so scared he is going to get tangled in his cord. I feel like i should be hooked up to a monitor all the time! I' trying to hang in there. In a few weeks i will start everyother week appointments so maybe that will give me a little more ease. Congrats, enjoy your shower!
  • @ALC08 I'm sure he is doing fine. Enjoy your shower too :wink:
  • Enjoy your shower! I am 19 weeks tomorrow and we just started talking about places to have mine. We will have it around 28-30 weeks since I will be induced between 36-38 weeks due to medical issues.
  • <3 yay for baby showers, mine was a week and a half ago.  I will be 31 weeks tomorrow, typing that out just sounds insane.  I have a growth U/S on Monday hoping our little one is growing like a weed.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Yay @lilp2015 - itll come sooner than you think!
    @bntfroggie so happy for you! Im a month behind ya.
    So happy we are all doing well :smile:
  • Yay! Have such a fun shower! Since this is our second child we are not having a shower. But I did get to indulge a little by throwing my girlfriend a shower two weeks ago! So I did get a little "shower fix"! Take tons of pics!
  • Yay!! I'm excited and happy. My MIL and SIL are very excitedly preparing the shower. They'll never know how much I appreciate it since losing our first little one between 7-9weeks.
    Hoping to hear more good news from other mamas on this board!
  • That's exciting! Enjoy the shower!
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Yes @kimey1 ... we had a loss in April and are almost 29 weeks now. This is our 5th baby and we have all boys.... so no shower for us. Ordinarily... I frown on multiple showers but I just feel so.... idk... like this baby deserves to be celebrated. Idk... but I am sure happy for you and it sounds like a fun day! 
  • @MamaRoni Thanks for sharing <3 
    Well a babyshower is more for mama so... Why don't you have a Meet the Baby party when he/she is born? That way the party makes sense and your baby will be showered with love :blush: 
  • @kimey1 I've gotten so paranoid with sick people and u vaccinated kids etc... that a meet n greet just will cause me to panic. ...
    I promise I'm fine :)
    Hopefully I am going to do some neat projects for him over the weekend ;)
  • Congrats on your impending shower!!! I'm only at 8 weeks and not giving mine any real thought yet, but it will be here before I even know it!
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hey everyone! Congrats on your showers and to all of us for making it this far (wherever you are). I'm 13 weeks so I haven't thought about it too much, but I have a 3 year old already, so I won't have a traditional shower. I've considered having a pre-baby brunch with my girlfriends, or a backyard "meet the baby" BBQ once he's here. Since this one's due in August (not cold and flu season) I feel like an outdoor party with our closest people won't risk too much germ exposure. It's a little early for concrete plans, but it's sure fun to fantasize about late pregnancy (and the summertime!) 
  • I hope you have a wonderful shower!

I'm 21 weeks, (love feeling baby in there!) But I'm not having a shower since I've got a little love-lump already. ;) Although I definitely feel like celebrating!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• So great to hear all of this from you ladies, @FireInWonderland @lfh22 @Boonhilde !
    There are days when I'm still nervous, but I'm staying positive and counting down. 
    Yay for happy mommies and positive vibes :smiley: