Twatwaffle Tuesday

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
BFP #3 11/2015, CP
BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    @PeggyOlsonFTW so glad it's not just me! I actually quit running because of that, ahem, problem. :(

My twatwaffle today is the guy who is supposed to be my backup, while I'm backing up the lady who has been off on medical leave for nine months. I was scheduled off yesterday, and he called off. This happens almost every time I have a day off, and I come back to a shitshow. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Twats:

1. Me for being too lazy to cook dinner last night, which meant I didn’t have an adequate, healthy lunch, which means I am hungry and fighting the urge to go get something unhealthy
    2. This guy I work with who can’t seem to take the hint that I can’t stand him and quit talking to me. 
    3. My boss because she always qualifies as a twatwaffle.
  • Options
    My marketing director is a twatwaffle.  She has been with us for three months and missed six weeks so far with excuses ranging from "her father is sick in the hospital and needs extended nursing" to "her commute is really long" to "she slept poorly last night".  She's managed to get a 3 day office/ 2 day telecommuting schedule which I'm very envious of, and she still called out today because of the snow, and won't be able to attend a PR event Thursday because she has a prior engagement.  

It's a combination of envy and frustration because I keep having to do HER tasks, but you are being paid almost six figures girl- show up and do your job!! 

(extra cranky because she arranged a 8:00-4:00 schedule three days a week and I left home at 6:30 today to meet her and give her a key to the new deadbolt and she emailed me to say she wasn't coming in..smh)
  • Options
    @winchestergirl I laughed at your burnt popcorn comment because I am totally always doing that at work. Actually, one time I burnt it so bad the smoke causes the fire alarms to go off and we had to evacuate a 14-story building : (
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I know right?! I'm waiting on her to F-up my company's policy on telecommuting so the by the time I'm on maternity leave it won't be an option for me.  I work for a company with a very small core (we have a small chain of global restaurants) and no set policies on things like maternity leave.  I really need her to show how effective working from home is!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl - is your MIL going to Alaska with you?  (side note, I went this past summer and it was awesome!  Where are you going?)
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    izza2 said:

My womb is a TW. It decided that, just when hubby decided he wanted to actually have sex (I'm so deprived, holy crap I'm shriveling down there), she's gonna start bleeding. And hubby doesn't do sex that involves blood.
    Freaking A. I need some P in the V right about now!

Having like a way in depth discussion with the hubs about ,"p in v" not being clinical and actually being from forgetting Sarah Marshall. So much yelling and snort laughing in the bar right now.
  • Options
    My husband for having performance anxiety and pulling out at the last second last night. So annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My future sister-in-law's sister is a TW. She's the maid of honor but said she's too busy to plan a shower so I took it over (bride is marrying my brother). Trying to keep her involved but she won't respond to my emails. Or when she does respond, it's usually one word like "yes," even though I asked her an open-ended question.
  • Options
    @MrsDho11 it's a family trip so yes she's going - this will be the first time we've done a big trip like this with them... we are starting off on a princess cruise and then we are renting a car and doing our own thing for a few days before we fly back. We dock in Anchorage and are going exploring from there.

I would love any suggestions on stuff you loved/hated/etc from your trip!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl we did an Alaska cruise last summer and it was amazing! You will love it! We had the most fun whale watching. We had never seen whales before (except shamu) so it was truly amazing to see them in the wild!
  • Options
    I am a twatwaffle today... Well the past like 3 days. I'm so bummed and self loathing because I didn't get ku this week. So what? I can't even stand myself lately. Also my uti is a twatwaffle because I'm on atbs and I can't drink.. And I so desperately need one. Also, dumb work classes when you work midnights.. That should be all for the moment...
  • Options
    My period is being a twat today. Cramping. Bloating. SOOOOOOO bloated. 
    And also my husband who made me go to the grocery store alone with the toddler, while crampy and bloaty, while he sat at home. 

20 minutes until the child is asleep and I can hit up the wine. hardcore wine and chocolate night going to happen. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @rkstro2 we were thinking of doing whale watching! Did you use a particular company that you would recommend?
  • Options
    My office's (ex) treatment coordinator is a huge twat waffle for many reasons, but mostly because she left a letter of resignation on our dentist's desk last night after the rest of us had left.
    So now we're all scrambling trying cover all of stuff she did. The upside is she was crazy and we're like 99% sure she stole a lot of money from our boss.
    Nothing better can express how I feel about her than dental assistant Charlie Day:

TTGP February Sig Challenge- Valentine's Day Fail:

Me: 25 - DH: 30
    Dating: 5/9/2010
    Married: 5/9/2015
    TTC #1: October 2015

• Options
    rkstro2 said:
    @WinchesterGirl we did an Alaska cruise last summer and it was amazing! You will love it! We had the most fun whale watching. We had never seen whales before (except shamu) so it was truly amazing to see them in the wild!
    I laugh because I had a horrible time on my glacier cruise that I went on because they "always see orcas and a ton of sea life" and we didn't see any, LOL.  And I get sea sick.

At any rate @WinchesterGirl , we flew into Anchorage and then drove inland and spent most of our time in the interior of Alaska with a tour guide, so I'm probably not a ton of help.  The Anchorage Museum was actually really nice and a fun/quiet activity if you wind up needing a few hours to wind down and relax or something.  There's a place about an hour away called the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and personally, I wouldn't recommend.  There's so much natural wildlife that it was more just depressing to see the animals in a zoo-like setting.

What month are you going?  I'm wondering if you'll be there at salmon time, if so.  There's a place we went to see salmon running that I could recommend.  But I'd need to look up if it was the right type of salmon for that time frame.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    @MrsDho11 We are going in May! What time of year do the salmon run?

I'm glad you said that about the conservation center, that was on our list of things we might do.