High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Mom - Bedtime Snack

Hi GD mom's: Please help!  My morning fasting levels have been running over 90 and the doctor has given me a few more days and will move me to insulin injections at night if it doesn't improve.  Does anyone have any snack ideas for before bed?  My other levels during the day are good (105 2 hrs after mealtimes).  The nutritionist had told me I could have a scoop of high fat ice cream before bed and I tried Hagan Dazz and my levels were okay, but then I switched to Brighams ice cream and they were high (92).  I tried a chz stick last night and they were the highest they had been at fasting (97).  I was hoping to have a couple of good days and would try the Hagan Dazz again.  Any ideas would be great! 

Re: GD Mom - Bedtime Snack

• Options
    You need to pair more protein with your snack.  Although with the cheese stick you probably needed some carbs too.  When I would have ice cream I would have the Edy's slow churned ice cream since the carb level was much lower than most other brands and also had a spoonful of peanut butter or a glass of milk to add some protein.  The milk is also a serving of carbs so that could push it over the edge.  It just depends on what works for you.  Greek yogurt was also a good bedtime snack for me and it gave me great fasting levels.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm type 1, but I've been eating Greek Yogurt for a bedtime snack. Great combo of carbs and protein.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually eat a granola bar or a handful of carmel flavored mini rice cakes.
  • Options
    Cheese and crackers, yogurt, fresh veggies with a yogurt based dip, tortilla chips and salsa (or pico de gallo), popcorn, fresh fruit are some of my bed time snacks.