February 2016 Moms

TP/ BMW/TW/Freak Out Tuesday

2»

Re: TP/ BMW/TW/Freak Out Tuesday

• My complaint is about my MIL. She is supposed to come visit us on our dime, because we promised that has a Christmas gift. She went ahead and made plans to come out here in March. She already got the time off of work. She didn't talk to me about it first though. Now, she's upset with me because I can't afford the ticket until tax returns, which means she won't be able to be here in March. The timing just won't work. She's acting like I had some diabolical plan to ruin her being here in March. She had hoped to be here shortly after baby comes (EDD 2/29) and I had to let her know that that's just not a possibility. Apparently, I'm the bad guy.
  • kirkie928 said:

My complaints (2) are surrounding my MIL this time. Normally my MIL is great, very rarely do I get upset by her and we have never had an argument face to face.

Ok, so the first one:  She forgot to invite one of her friends to the baby shower DH's aunts threw for me so she invites the friend to come to my house to see the nursery instead. She didn't really ask me if this was ok, she asked me last night if she could show her the nursery today. I didn't want to cause a fuss, so I just busted my butt to do all the house cleaning this morning (I normally just do a chore or two a day over the week) and hurry to get the errands ran before they would be coming over. She texted me a few minutes ago that her friend would come another day because it's raining and she didn't want her to fall on my slippery drive way....WTF?!?!? 

The second thing I'm complaining about could be a non issue, I'm still on the fence about how I feel about it. She also told me last night that her friends want to throw her a Granny Shower. I really don't know how I feel about a Granny Shower in general, but then she says that she will really need stuff for LO to stay with her. It really sounded like she is expecting to be keeping LO often and soon (not happening). I just don't know if I need to say anything so that this doesn't become an issue, or if by saying something I'll be making it an issue. I'm not comfortable handing over my newborn and I don't know when I will be comfortable. Am I reading too much into this?

You need to let her know what your expectations are for her involvement with your child.

What the crap is a granny shower? That's just crazy! I'd probably tell my MIL that she can do what she wants but it's not likely she'll need anything more than what you can bring in a diaper bag if/when baby comes to visit. Good luck with that one.
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest DD has been diagnosed with bronchitis and my youngest DD has a nasty cold. My csection is scheduled for 2 weeks I'm terrified that I might catch one of the two illnesses or both. I'm sleeping and resting more and taking vitamins and eating healthy and hydrating like crazy I really can't get sick. Sneezing and or even coughing after a csection is extremely painful!
  • I'm getting irritated with my hedgehog (yes, I have a pet hedgehog), or at least her wheel that she runs on. It makes so much freaking noise during the night and she runs ALL NIGHT LONG. We moved her into our room since I didn't want her waking up the baby and she used to live in what's now the nursery. She can't go downstairs because it gets too cold so I'm pretty much screwed. I already can't sleep very well from being 49 months pregnant so this really doesn't help
  • thisusernamethisusername member
    edited January 2016

I'm getting irritated with my hedgehog (yes, I have a pet hedgehog), or at least her wheel that she runs on. It makes so much freaking noise during the night and she runs ALL NIGHT LONG. We moved her into our room since I didn't want her waking up the baby and she used to live in what's now the nursery. She can't go downstairs because it gets too cold so I'm pretty much screwed. I already can't sleep very well from being 49 months pregnant so this really doesn't help

I'm so sorry that she keeps you up but PLEASE post a picture!! I love hedgehogs! I've only ever seen them on Google though. I feel like they're an Internet myth at this point.
  • I'm getting irritated with my hedgehog (yes, I have a pet hedgehog), or at least her wheel that she runs on. It makes so much freaking noise during the night and she runs ALL NIGHT LONG. We moved her into our room since I didn't want her waking up the baby and she used to live in what's now the nursery. She can't go downstairs because it gets too cold so I'm pretty much screwed. I already can't sleep very well from being 49 months pregnant so this really doesn't help

Do you have a metal or plastic wheel? I had a metal hamster wheel that would squeak and I would use a qt up with some veggie oil on it and literally oil the wheel. Maybe it would help?
  • @kirkie928 the granny showers, I just can't handle it! This is not your baby MIL, this is not about you! Completely ridiculous in my opinion unless of course she's gonna be watching LO full time while you back to work. My MIL didn't have a granny shower (probably only because no one offered) but she set up her very own nursery at her house for DS1 with a vintage collapsible crib
  • hjungk84 said:

I'm getting irritated with my hedgehog (yes, I have a pet hedgehog), or at least her wheel that she runs on. It makes so much freaking noise during the night and she runs ALL NIGHT LONG. We moved her into our room since I didn't want her waking up the baby and she used to live in what's now the nursery. She can't go downstairs because it gets too cold so I'm pretty much screwed. I already can't sleep very well from being 49 months pregnant so this really doesn't help

Do you have a metal or plastic wheel? I had a metal hamster wheel that would squeak and I would use a qt up with some veggie oil on it and literally oil the wheel. Maybe it would help?
    It's a plastic wheel. It's not squeaking, but it seems like her weight is making the wheel bounce back and forth against the back of the cage and it's making me insane!
  • My rant for the day...feeling alone and unsupported! Dh just dosent get it..i have a cold am exhausted and 36 weeks now..nervous and havent done any classes just watched YouTube videos..he seems interested in baby part but seems to think the labour part he dosent need to know about.
  • @kaitm5 I don't believe in psychics, and that would still freak me out:/

TP to DH. He loves having company. I don't mind it usually, but it's a lot of work to clean up (everybody else's) messes and cook a meal, so I asked him to please just agree not to have anyone else over for dinner until after baby. He agreed. This was a couple weeks ago. Yesterday afternoon he texts that a work friend is in town from Ireland, can he come tomorrow night for dinner? I agree, reluctantly, as long as he will help me clean the house up after the kids go to bed the night before. He agrees. I think I'm being an amazing wife to go out of my way for him like this. He texts me at 4pm and asks if friend can come over that night instead. 30 minutes before he's supposed to be home to watch the kids so I can go to the chiropractor. He had already invited friend. I was not happy. After friend left, he asked if I was mad and I said, "well I'm not impressed" and went to bed.

He left a long apology note in the morning and brought me home three bottles of Reisling for after baby. Back in good graces.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• ^^^ omfg is he suicidal? Lol
  • TP to DH. We went grocery shopping last night and bought a bunch of milk because it was on sale. So I put 3 gallons in the fridge and ask him to put the remainder 2 in the deep freezer in the garage. I aske shim like 3 times before bed. Well I wake up in the morning at like 10 and I see the damn gallons of milk on the counter still!! And to top it off he left to the gym at 3am before work and left the garage door up. So the house had been basically open to the public since 3am. The alarm wasn't even set either. And it was only me and our 16 month old baby home. His excuse when asked what the hell was he thinking, he said he couldn't remember where he left the garage clicker, and didn't have time. Could care less that he exposed us to all sorts of crimes. Douche bag!
  • @ashton2190 I think I will be getting a hedgehog when we get a house now. She is so cute!!!! I hope you got the wheel issue fixed. Thanks for sharing a picture! Made my whole day! :heart:
  • Yesterday I made a couple freezer meals and then today I actually woke up early (miracle) to get dinner started so I can feed my husband and give him some to take to work tonight since he's back on night shift. Here I am feeling great and accomplished after doing a couple chores, so I take a nap. Get up, go check on dinner, THE CROCK POT WASNT PLUGGED IN. For the last almost 5 hours now dinner wasn't cooking. Now it won't be done in time. I was so excited! :frowning:
  • Yesterday I made a couple freezer meals and then today I actually woke up early (miracle) to get dinner started so I can feed my husband and give him some to take to work tonight since he's back on night shift. Here I am feeling great and accomplished after doing a couple chores, so I take a nap. Get up, go check on dinner, THE CROCK POT WASNT PLUGGED IN. For the last almost 5 hours now dinner wasn't cooking. Now it won't be done in time. I was so excited! :frowning:

I've totally done that before. I made homemade meatballs and had them in the freezer and threw them in the crockpot with some gravy and went to stir them a few hours later. It was a solid block of pretty much ice in the crock pot. So upset! My husband was so good about it though and we ended up eating it for supper at like 8:30pm haha!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know this post is a couple of days old, but I have a rant to get off my chest. 

DH is participating in a Paleo Diet Challenge at his gym (a very restrictive diet that does not allow for any type of grain, dairy, white potatoes, processed foods, certain types of nuts, etc.).  When he goes on these diets, he always harps on me, complaining that by not doing the diet with him, I'm not being supportive of his attempt to get healthy (he is very overweight).  I got in a fight with him yesterday, telling him that the last week of my pregnancy is NOT a good time to start a diet (not to mention I wasn't overweight to begin with and have gained exactly what I was supposed to with this pregnancy, not a pound more). 

And then he starts complaining that we're setting our 2 year old up for a lifetime of unhealthy eating habits because we let him eat one baggy of goldfish crackers a day and the occasional animal cracker.  I'm like, seriously?!  We send all his food to daycare and a typical day of food looks like this: leftover meat and veggies, maybe rice, from the night before; a pear or apple; a tangerine; grapes; a piece of string cheese and/or greek yogurt; water, sometimes with a splash of juice; 2%  milk; small baggy of goldfish or peanut butter crackers. 

Ok rant over.  Anyone else have a crazy spouse they'd like to dig on today?

• Yes it's way not Tuesday but worthy of a rant... @BumpAdmin What is going on with the app and mobile site again? Can't reply/love it/view updated threads on mobile AT ALL... I had to get on my desktop to write this.