February 2016 Moms

TP/ BMW/TW/Freak Out Tuesday

Moving on, what's everybody doing today? Give me your rants, raves, randoms and everything in between right here!!!
Also, anybody freaking out about anything yet?!
Pic because adorable

Re: TP/ BMW/TW/Freak Out Tuesday

• My kitty has been in the hospital since Thursday. I've already racked up an $1100 bill and it's looking like he might need surgery. The surgery is pretty brutal with a difficult recovery period so I had decided against doing it, until I told my 19 year old son. He said he'd do anything for the cat so if he has to have surgery, he and my ex-husband are going to help with his after care. I'm not really looking forward to spending another $1100, but he's part of the family. So that's what I've been freaking out about.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DrillSergeantCat oh no! Poor baby :( it's definitely a hard decision to make to spend that money. Hopefully he gets better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • @DrillSergeantCat oh no! Poor baby :( it's definitely a hard decision to make to spend that money. Hopefully he gets better soon!
    It's really not about the money, although it is a lot of money. I just have to be sure that this surgery will improve his quality of life. If not, I'm not going to subject him to it.

• @DrillSergeantCat Poor kitty! What's wrong with him?
  • My kitty has been in the hospital since Thursday. I've already racked up an $1100 bill and it's looking like he might need surgery. The surgery is pretty brutal with a difficult recovery period so I had decided against doing it, until I told my 19 year old son. He said he'd do anything for the cat so if he has to have surgery, he and my ex-husband are going to help with his after care. I'm not really looking forward to spending another $1100, but he's part of the family. So that's what I've been freaking out about.

I'm so sorry about your kitty. :( I'm wishing him the very best!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @paytonpedro his urethra is blocked. They've already placed a catheter and washed out his bladder twice since Thursday. If he blocks again, he'll need a perineal urethrostomy which is essentially a sex change operation. 

• @DrillSergeantCat I'm sorry! How stressful!

I'm currently freaking out about germs. I nanny for my sisters and all the kids (and me) have been consistently passing colds around since Halloween. I've had bronchitis, pneumonia, sinus infection and just plain colds. My cough is finally mostly gone and I'm feeling lots better but now my DD is back to runny nose and sore throat. I'm being induced Monday and really really don't want any of us sick! It scares me to think about him being exposed to our germs.
  • hjungk84hjungk84 member
    edited January 2016
    I don't post often, but I read daily (actually many times a day) but I just really need to vent about this.

SO and I bought a new couch a month ago and sold our old one to a good friend of ours. SO and her made a deal that she could make payments to pay it off. No big deal in our opinion, we know they (her and her fiance) are good for it. Well, Sunday night I see her buying a crap ton of stuff on a FB reselling site. Nothing more than $15/item, but still. My SO decides to text her and ask about settling some of the debt and she got completely defensive and said she'd bring the couch back on Saturday if we wanted. Not what we want, just want to know when you will pay us something for it. If you have money to shop, then you should have money to pay off the debts you owe.

Thanks for the vent session :smile:

Edit - My fat fingers can't spell!
  • @hjungk84 I hate that! I loaned a friend some money once and it took him forever to pay it back, but in the meantime he's posting pictures of him hanging out drinking at the bar. Grrr.

• @hjungk84 I hate that! I loaned a friend some money once and it took him forever to pay it back, but in the meantime he's posting pictures of him hanging out drinking at the bar. Grrr.

It just drives me nuts! Don't complain you're broke and then go shopping. When we asked when we could expect some money, she said not until they are settled in their new house (they are closing in a few weeks) so basically, we have to wait at least two more months. And on top of that, she gave us an excuse about fees she has to pay which is very untrue because we just closed on the same kind of home loan 2 months ago.
  • @hjungk84 oh that drives me crazy! She probably jumped on the defense because she knows she got caught. You have every right to approach her about it!
  • Thanks ladies! We thought maybe we were over reacting so we waited a day to say anything.

@DrillSergeantCat hope your kitty gets better soon!
  • @xkatiekx & @bookqueen wishing you both the very best!! <3 You guys are going to do great!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @bookqueen I'm at work today and NOT being very productive. I feel like I have a million things to do yet. Making me more anxious lol.

@DrillSergeantCat technically I'm delivering early to prevent complications thanks to back/hip issues prepregnancy and my stupid pregnancy induced hypertension. Hoping to avoid complications this way :)
  • I had a stupid freak out on Sunday. I was showering with DH, and he decided to be in a "pinchy" mood (he thinks it's hilarious . . . me . . . not so much) and wouldn't stop when I asked him to, so I got all upset and got out and just sat on the bed crying. I kept thinking "what if he does something like that while I'm in labor?" which is ridiculous because he has more common sense than that, but I was just hormonal and upset. Ugh.

Also general mini internal freak outs about L&D, just because I've never experienced it before!

@DrillSergeantCat Sorry about your kitty! That's no fun :(
  • My husband is driving me crazy lately with his snoring. He uses those mouth guards that help but we're waiting on some more to come in the mail so the past few nights i've seriously wanted to slap him because how loud he's being when i'm just trying to fall asleep. What's worse is it takes him like 2 minutes to fall asleep and me like 20 minutes so of course there's no way to beat him to the punch. I can even hear him thru the wall if he falls asleep on the couch! So over it.  :s
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• @paytonpedro his urethra is blocked. They've already placed a catheter and washed out his bladder twice since Thursday. If he blocks again, he'll need a perineal urethrostomy which is essentially a sex change operation. 
    So sorry about your kitty.  Poor thing.  Although I have to admit, I had a little giggle about the kitty sex change :)
  • So sorry about your kitty.  Poor thing.  Although I have to admit, I had a little giggle about the kitty sex change :)
    I'm wondering if he'll want to change his name. They actually remove the penis and scrotum and move the urethra to where it would be on a female so it really is the equivalent of a kitty sex change. 

• @g0lightly8706 do those mouth guards work? I need some for H, his snoring is so bad we haven't slept in the same room for over a year so I really need help!
  • I'm freaking out because i'm scared baby will be here early like within the next couple weeks. My pre e hasn't came back yet but i've been having contractions like crazy and I feel so much pressure low that I literally am having trouble walking. My back also hurts just in one spot and I feel bad for DS because we were suppose to go somewhere today but I am struggling just to get up and walk around the house. I'm 35.3
  • Prodromal labor is an asshole. That is all.
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker

I'm so sorry!!! We actually had somethjng very similar happen to our bulldog about a month before my son was born. He had over 100 bladder stones (we had no idea he never showed any signs or pain), even a clump of them larger than a golf ball! One got stuck in his urethra and when I got home from work he insisted on staying outside and couldn't pee. The next morning, after he stared at me all night long, I made my husband take him to the vet (let me clarify, before that night he never showed any symptoms) and my mom went along (she knew we didn't have money to ou for that and knew my husband needed moral support). The X-ray showed his bladder to be about the size of a football with all of the stones. They had to surgically remove the bladder stones and cut the one out of his urethra, and his bladder was about a sheet of paper thin (the wall). He peed through a new whole until it healed. If it didn't heal, they would have done the "sex-change" surgery on him. He's on RO water now, grain-free Wellness brand dog food, and gets yearly X-rays to check for stones. I'm constantly worried it'll happen again. We do random checks to make sure he's peeing and feel his bladder to see if he winces or might be in pain. I hope all turns out well for your kitty!
  • I want to nap but I'm always too uncomfortable laying down to fall asleep.

Also it snowed and I don't want to walk on the ice to the car to go to my doctor appt. I'm afraid of falling. Why can't the landlord salt the darn lot??
  • wisco29 said:
    I want to nap but I'm always too uncomfortable laying down to fall asleep. Also it snowed and I don't want to walk on the ice to the car to go to my doctor appt. I'm afraid of falling. Why can't the landlord salt the darn lot??
    It's a liability issue. If he salts the lot, then you have reason to believe that it's safe to walk to your car. If he's missed a spot, he's liable because it should have been safe. If he doesn't salt the lot, then it's on you to be extra careful if you go out. It's silly, but that's what it is.

Can they do the surgery to just fix the issue and removed the stones first?
    My cat had the more simple surgery twice to removed his blocked and they said next time he would need to have the "sex change" surgery.

He had he first one in March 2013, then again in April... We have since changed his food to urinary tract, it's expensive but he has been fine since.

You're lucking out now there's even a rebate available! It's a prescription so you can't get it at Walmart or anything.

Hope he does okay with the surgeryv
  • @g0lightly8706 do those mouth guards work? I need some for H, his snoring is so bad we haven't slept in the same room for over a year so I really need help!
    wow! yes definitely invest in some. for my DH, they only work when he is still sleeping on his side, when he's laying on his back it doesn't help.. but it definitely minimizes him to not sound like a chainsaw is right next to my ear  :D
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• @DrillSergeantCat yay!! So happy your car can come home
  • @DrillSergeantCat happy your kitty is coming home.
  • So glad your kitty is well and going home!! :)
  • I've been lurking this whole pregnancy.
    My friend just sent me a text asking if I believe in psychics... I was like maybe, why?
    Then she sent me a big story about how she was at a party on Sunday with a psychic and she was just trying to get a feel for the room and asked if anyone had a pregnant friend (my friend was the only one there with a pregnant friend- me) then asked if I was military and being seen on base (yes and yes) then asked if this pregnancy is risky or complicated, my friend didn't really confirm (but yes, I have high BP, but not medicated. Also gestational diabetes. I am supposed to be induced next week)
    Psychic said I should get a new doctor or a second opinon. It's not life or death, but she is missing something. Couldn't be more specific. Now I'm a little freaked out! I hate my doctor, but I was in the L&D triage over the weekend thinking I had strep throat. Negative. I just had a growth ultrasound yesterday and go in for a non stress test on Thursday so I'm trying to convince myself it's not a big deal....
    And I'm not mad at my friend, she's just looking out. Just a little weirded out now!
  • My family is holding the celebration of life for my grandmother in April, April 2nd. I told my boss I would need the time off and as many extra hours in March as possible so I can afford it and she goes "well if you're going you'll have to take March off too."
    So I guess I'm not going. Nothing on my family about it, they're following exactly what she would have wanted. I was just really hoping to bring the baby and my husband to meet everyone and make the gathering a little less morbid, just like my Grams would have wanted. She wanted us all together to tell happy stories and remember that we are all still alive and there for each other. She hated funerals. My husband keeps saying its "no big deal" and it's "selfish" that I wanted to try and move our trip up two months anyways. I just wish he understood how desperately I want him/baby to be a part of the ONE last thing Grams will be having..
  • @DrillSergeantCat I hope your kitty will be okay!! :(
  • My complaints (2) are surrounding my MIL this time. Normally my MIL is great, very rarely do I get upset by her and we have never had an argument face to face.

Ok, so the first one:  She forgot to invite one of her friends to the baby shower DH's aunts threw for me so she invites the friend to come to my house to see the nursery instead. She didn't really ask me if this was ok, she asked me last night if she could show her the nursery today. I didn't want to cause a fuss, so I just busted my butt to do all the house cleaning this morning (I normally just do a chore or two a day over the week) and hurry to get the errands ran before they would be coming over. She texted me a few minutes ago that her friend would come another day because it's raining and she didn't want her to fall on my slippery drive way....WTF?!?!? 

The second thing I'm complaining about could be a non issue, I'm still on the fence about how I feel about it. She also told me last night that her friends want to throw her a Granny Shower. I really don't know how I feel about a Granny Shower in general, but then she says that she will really need stuff for LO to stay with her. It really sounded like she is expecting to be keeping LO often and soon (not happening). I just don't know if I need to say anything so that this doesn't become an issue, or if by saying something I'll be making it an issue. I'm not comfortable handing over my newborn and I don't know when I will be comfortable. Am I reading too much into this?
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168