Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The Bachelor 1/25 **spoiler alert**

Alright ladies... What are your thoughts?

Mine...
1. I'm glad amber is gone.
2. I feel like being a twin was a disadvantage, not an advantage. He had to get rid of one. They did win the taken show in my book though.
3. Who even was that other girl that went home?! I mean... I know she was on the show... But not really... You know?
4. Olivia... Omg. I'm convinced the show is making him keep her for drama.
5. Did anyone watch that lifetime series that was mocking this show/exposing their behind the scenes?

Married May 2014
TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

Re: The Bachelor 1/25 **spoiler alert**

• Options
    1. I was surprised and impressed at the way he handled the twins. I thought taking them home so the dumped twin could be dumped with her mom there was a nice move.
    2. Olivia is so insecure and ridiculous. I agree that the producers are either keeping her around for ratings or editing to highlight her annoyingness.
    3. Becca and Ben make a good match, I think. I thought their date was really cute.
    4. Gotta go check the bracket, but I think I did pretty well. Definitely did not predict he twin division. No way I could've told them apart to pick one to leave.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    1. I agree that Ben handled the dumping of a twin nicely.
    2. OMG with the blondes!
    3. I like JoJo and Becca
    4. Gah, Olivia. Where to begin? GO AWAY! Chick is straight outta the looney bin. And immature! Definitely still around because of the producers.
    5. Why would you say your profession is "unemployed" or "twin"? Make something up! 
    6. MOAR DRAMA PLZ!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    edited January 2016
    1. I agree with @gardeniagirlknits, being a twin was a complete disadvantage. He definitely had to get rid of one really soon. I'm glad he kept Emily, because I liked her on the last episode when she was the goalie during the soccer game.  

2. Pretty stoked that I had a near perfect bracket in my Bachelor fantasy league (only missed Haley getting the boot), so I am now in first place.

3. Olivia was PAINFUL to watch. Her talent show performance was so awkward, and then she kept reliving it. Girl, just stop bringing it up. And producers are definitely keeping her around for some drama. 

4. I really enjoyed Lifetime's show - I thought it was really interesting and well done. (I had pretty low expectations going into it, because Lifetime).

5. My BFF & were dying over the helicopter blowing the wine and table over when it was landing during JoJo's date, and we kept rewinding and re-watching because it was hilarious. 

ETA 

6. Also, I am really liking JoJo right now. I think her and Ben would be really cute. I still have my money on Lauren B. though. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Lauren B. is my favorite right now! She's just sweet and down to earth.
    2. Loved the way that he handled the twin situation with their mom at their home. That was sweet.
    3. Olivia makes me shutter.
    4. Still wondering why that chick's job was unemployed...is she a recent college grad or what?
    5. I'm jealous of all of their pretty dresses. Enough said. 
  • Options
    gonetotheseagonetothesea member
    edited January 2016
    Awww man! I had a feeling from the commercials that one of the twins was going home, and I picked the wrong one. Bummer. :(

I am surprised that Ben kept one of the twins around. What if he ends up with Emily? How weird would that be knowing that your twin sister also dated, had feelings for,  and kissed (I think?) your boyfriend?! That would be a deal breaker for me.

I saw on the promo for next week that the girls finally talk about how shady Olivia is. I hope that gets through to him and he finally gets rid of her! I also see tension with Jubilee. Hopefully that all works out.

I was also psyched that Amber went home. She was a little over-the-top in her departure.  I am pretty sure the way she treated Jubilee turned Ben off completely. That's what you get for being catty!

I am so over seeing airplane and helicopter rides. I feel like the dates this season are generic and typical.  C'mon now.

Was anyone else annoyed that Becca wore a cream colored dress to help Ben marry people?

@Lecool, what is this Lifetime show you speak of? Did any of y'all watch Burning Love on Comedy Central? It was a spoof on the Bachelor and it was HILARIOUS.  I am pretty sure you can still watch them online.

Looking forward to next week!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    @gonetothesea It's called UnReal. It's a drama about a Bachelor-esque show and all the going ons behind the scenes. The main character is a producer on the show "Everlasting" (which is basically the Bachelor). It actually goes into some pretty intense issues. It's really good! I think it's On Demand, and I believe a second season is either coming soon or has already begun. It's pretty interesting, and it really draws you in. I binge watched the whole thing over a weekend last year. 

• Options
    Lecool said:

@gonetothesea It's called UnReal. It's a drama about a Bachelor-esque show and all the going ons behind the scenes. The main character is a producer on the show "Everlasting" (which is basically the Bachelor). It actually goes into some pretty intense issues. It's really good! I think it's On Demand, and I believe a second season is either coming soon or has already begun. It's pretty interesting, and it really draws you in. I binge watched the whole thing over a weekend last year. 

Sounds right up my alley. I'll have to check it out!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    So I just watched all episodes in one run and this is my take away:

1. Olivia scares me.
    2. Olivia needs professional counseling.
    3. Olivia will be presented with restraining orders after this show.
    4. I wanted to like Jubilee but I'm not enjoying the rollercoaster of emotions, she's on the backburner now. I like the single mom (I can't remember her name, but she seems sweet) oh and the flight attendant one (Lauren?).
    5. I'm excited to see what happens next week. Thre restraining orders might come early.

I know I have a lot of Olivia ones, but to be fair, I just watched all of them in one sitting. She scares me.
  • Options
    So I'm typing as I watch.

I think Jojo lost points when she said its only been 5 months since her last serious relationship. I still really like her.

That was super awkward to watch Ben hug Lauren b over that other girl! (Still can't keep all the names straight)

Those wedding kisses were so awkward! Why??? It was like they were strangers

Olivia is infuriating. Ben clearly is turned off by her. He kinds pulls away from a full body hug with her now. I also seriously think she has some very real stalker tendencies. It's creepy.

Yay Amber is gone! I hope bachelor takes the hint and doesn't invite her back.

Gotta go check my bracket yet. I know I didn't see hailey leaving but definitely booted Amber.

Ps. Ben clearly loves blondes

TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Just checked out the bracket. 5 of us are tied at 40 points. Clearly EVERYONE missed the hailey boot.
    CP September 2019
  • Options

1. Last night was so boring!!

2. I'm also glad Amber is gone.. she definitely shot herself in the foot trying to put Jubilee down last week. 

3. I thought for sure Olivia was going to get sent home.  It is SO clear producers are keeping her on for drama because really, if it wasn't for Olivia last night there wouldn't have been much of an episode. 

4. I thought it was really awkward one of the twins still had pictures of her ex up all over her bedroom..

5. Still team Lauren B, but I also think Becca will be a front-runner. 

Me: 25 | Him: 31

Married: September 2014

DSS Born 2/2/08

TTC our 1st since December 2015

BFP 3/18/16 - EDD 12/1/16

Proud Parents of a 5 year old Miniature Dachshund

• Options
    Ugh you guys I need to start writing down what I think when I'm watching because I had so many thoughts and now I can't remember most of them. Dumb.
    I'll try
    1. As we can/have all agreed on, Olivia is insane. The whole like "ben is giving me secret signals" and thinking that being saved for last is a good thing during the rose ceremony just shows how cray cray she is. I couldn't watch during her awk talent show. Also, if you're going to be super awkward then own it, don't apologize a trillion times for it later. She is definitely a producer pick because it was obvious how annoyed ben was getting. 
    2. Still like Lauren B and JoJo... and Becca is ok. 
    3. Didn't see the twin thing coming but I liked that he dumped one of them in their own home so they didn't have to go back and deal with the rose ceremony. Good on Ben.
    4. Buh-Bye Amber and good riddance. 
    5. Yes! I watched most of unreal, I actually kinda liked it. 
    6. @gonetothesea I hear you, for some reason that cream dress really bugged me too. 

Excited to go take a look at my bracket now! 
  • Options
    Just watched it!! Is it just me or did Ben look like he was headed to an execution right before he called Olivia's name? Poor guy!

I do agree that without her it would have been a snoozefest though!

Lauren B and Jojo - totally frontrunners.
  • Options
    I also forgot to mention... did y'all watch the after show where it was revealed that Haley has never tried vegetables?! I mean, seriously????
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Options
    Okay I finally got caught up! And I wrote while watching, so here's my novel. Cheers if you actually read it. :)

This show makes me feel so old. I'm 28 and almost everyone is younger than me, but they also seem super immature. I judge them ALL but that's the fun of watching the Bachelor, right? 

First, I agree with everyone - Olivia is really only here because the producers want her. I did not believe her "panic attack" at the talent show. She was just embarrassed, and crying about it. I was hoping she was going to be manipulative and a good game player, but she's just CRAY.

On JoJo's date - did anyone else notice that Ben kept playing with her bracelet and fidgeting with her hand/arm? It was super distracting. If DH ever did that to me, it would drive me NUTS. They sure do make out a lot on this date, sheesh. 

I absolutely cannot tell the difference between the twins. I'm pretty sure they did that to us on purpose. 

The group date is kinda awkward but mostly boring. Dude, Jubilee plays the cello, was in the military, and is from Haiti. By far the most interesting person on the show - it's too bad she gets so socially awkward. Also the talent show reminds me that I have no talents... I have no idea what I would/could do if put in this situation lol. Maybe I'd play chopsticks on the piano. 

Ben called Caila a "sex panther"... lol. 

Ben kind of really has some slutty lips! He's making out with EVERYONE. 

@gonetothesea yes, I'm super annoyed that Becca is wearing cream to marry other people. WTF is up with that!?

Becca is definitely looking like top 3 at this point, unless something crazy happens. 

Twin on One date:  holy cow their dogs were fat. I majorly judge people who allow that to happen to their animals. I have no idea which twin went home and definitely didn't see the separation coming this early. Ben was really sweet to their mom though, I'll give him that. 

Olivia tells JoJo that Ben reciprocated when she told him she was "falling for him". Uhhh... where was that? Lies. Ben seemed so incredibly exasperated when he called Olivia's name in the rose ceremony. He so does not want her there. 

Glad Amber is gone. 

I need more drama. Hoping next week is more dramatic! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I also forgot to mention... did y'all watch the after show where it was revealed that Haley has never tried vegetables?! I mean, seriously????
    I didn't see that! How is that even possible??

• Options
    I didn't like Becca's outfit at the wedding but I wonder if she had the outfit picked out before she knew what the date was? Then it wouldn't be her fault but

I thought it was a little awkward when he called Kayla a sex Panther lol.

I'm glad he sent one twin home but I wanted to see his alone time with each of them so I could decide for myself which one he should pick and judge him for picking the right one or the wrong one... Does anyone else feel like Emily kind of threw Hayley under the bus? I mean Emily said and told him that her connection is better than Hayley and I think that should be for him to decide instead of her speaking for her sister.

I'm getting really tired of watching all of the girls being so insecure... I understand them being insecure but watching them tell Ben about it the whole time they are talking and him having to convince them that they are good enough to be there is getting old. All of these girls are getting in their own way ....Don't they realize how unattractive that is?

Obviously I'm glad amber is gone.

I Actually really like Becca and I kind of felt like been feels bad for not being a virgin for her Lol. I think it's valid to be confused about her... He has a good point that at the end of last season Chris was going to propose to her and she seemed pretty indifferent about him and casual.

Sorry I am doing speak to text on my phone... So if anything it looks screwed up that's why!

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    1. Olivia and her talent were awful. It was made more awful by her hinting to some secret talent prior to it. Just stop.
    2. How mean was it to give a virgin who is desperate to get married a wedding dress and get down on one knee in front of her! That whole thing was super awkward. And that KISS! Like something from married at first sight. Disturbing.
    3. How did he ever decide which twin to keep? I LOVED their talent!
    4. Does it annoy anyone else when they are like "it is so romantic that Ben put that sweet thing on a sign in Vegas" as if he had anything to do with it? Do they think he planned all those helicopter ride dates? Do they expect him to rent vintage cars to take them on dates after the show?
    5. Also, I agree that the helicopter blowing over the table was hilarious. I bet some poor person got fired for that fail.
    6. The rest of Jojo's date was cute. I like her.
    7. He is in love with Lauren B. It is so obvious.
    8. That poor girl who didn't get a rose got literally no screen time. With this boring batch of girls, how boring was she???
    9. Byeeeeee Amber! Maybe the next season of bachelor in paradise will help you find a man? No? (BTW I love the spin off shows)
    10. And finally...OLIVIA! Ugh. I miss Lace.

Did anyone see the Bachelor sketch on SNL? Hilarious!

• Options
    @HeyBooHey  speaking of MAFS, have you watched this week's episode yet? 

• Options
    ***Butting in!***
    @MissAmeliaPond I did, I did! 

• Options
    @peachykeen17 what did you think!? I can't believe how awful Sam and Ashley are! 

• Options
    Ugh I know! Sam is really starting to get on my nerves. It might be how they are just editing the show but I feel so bad for Neil. And Ashley really needs to get it together. But also, David, we get it, she didn't tell you she didn't think you were attractive to your face. I feel like he was kind of beating a dead horse. And if the scenes from next week are true and he did actually ask another girl out for drinks then I'll be super annoyed that he was in Ashleys face about not trying hard enough.  
  • Options
    Yes, Sam is super getting on my nerves. I don't like how she's silly all the time and didn't even try to do the exercise they were given. Poor Neil! He seem so nice. I agree with you, if David really did ask someone to have drinks with him, his behavior about Ashley being kind of indifferent is unacceptable. But Ashley also kind of sucks, so idk... If you're going to ask someone out, at least wait until the 6 weeks is over, sheesh! 

I love Vanessa and Tres. They're so cute. And her dog is the silliest. 

• Options
    My thoughts exactly. I mean, it's 6 weeks of your life. Everyone should just suck it up and give it a shot. 
    I love Vanessa and Tres too, I have a feeling they will be the only ones willing to stay married. I think David and Ashley are a definite no. But I'm on the fence about Sam and Neil, just because of the stupid scenes from the 6 week sit down decision making time. Sam said something like "i'm afraid he's going to want a divorce and I'll deserve it." So maybe they stay together? What do you think? 
  • Options
    I'm on the fence about Sam and Neil, too. I was stalking her on Twitter yesterday (because DH is out of town and I have nothing better to do with my alone time right now lol), and she said a few incriminating things, including something like "I F'ing love this guy!" in reference to Neil. They're definitely editing it to make it seem like her entire attitude and interactions towards Neil are all negative. Maybe for a big surprise in the end? 

• Options
    oooo I like that you are a social media stalker like me. I did that with the last MAFS season (which was awful BTW). I'm gonna go see if they have instagrams... 
    I hope at least two of the couples stay together, because then they'll do a married: the first year, right? I didn't get into the very first season so I never really watched their spin off. 
  • Options
    Ahhh the first season was my favorite I love Jamie and Doug. The second season was horrible - bad bad casting choices. I feel like they were trying to get some "dynamic" personalities, but it was such a miserable failure. 
    I really hope at least 2 pairs stay together from the current season! I would totes watch the spin off. I saw an internet gossip headline today that said "Is Vanessa Pregnant?!" Haha, oh internet. 

• Options
    yeah season 2 was a complete disaster. It was obvious from the beginning that none of them were going to make it. At least these people stand a chance if they work for it. 
    haha gotta love those internet gossip headlines... although I could see that one being for realz. 
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @peachykeen17 I feel like it would be too early for them to be KTFU since they just met each other, but I also secretly would super love watching how they deal with it in the spin off!!

ETA: not too early physically, but psychologically speaking that would be real intense. 

• Options
    I agree, but I think they were so strong off the bat that they would probably do a decent job handling it if they were KU... hopefully. OOOO now I want a spin off show!  
  • Options
    Sounds right up my alley. I'll have to check it out!
    I loved UnReal! I have to think back to it now that I'm watching the bachelor- even more fun!

i agree with everyone on Olivia (ugh!) and amber (girl bye!). I really like Jubilee- she's by far the most interesting person on that show right now ... She reminds me of that Opera girl from Juanpabs' season... Really talented and doesn't fit in with the rest of the girls. 
    The twins ... I feel kind of bad for them that there is literally nothing remotely interesting about them other than the fact that they are twins.
  • Options
    @MissAmeliaPond I am watching now! I was a few episodes behind. I still feel so bad for Niel and David! Sam and Ashley are the worst. Vanessa and Tres are in love with each other and adorable. 
    Sam doing the whole move back Into her townhouse thing was not cool. What if roles had been reversed and he moved her into a house with some other dude and no closer space or house key? No Bueno. And then she called him passive aggressive? 
    Also, I loved how Ashely decided to quit working to have more time for their marriage. Sure you did. 
  • Options
    @HeyBooHey I forgot Sam ditched the shared house and insisted on moving back to her place. That was the lamest! This experiment is only 6 weeks long - I don't understand why these people can't tough it out! 

• Options
    sarah0985 said:
    Just checked out the bracket. 5 of us are tied at 40 points. Clearly EVERYONE missed the hailey boot.
    I didn't! Made a lucky guess. But I forgot about producer picks and picked Olivia to go home. Oh well. 
  • Options
    Just a friendly reminder to get your bracket choices in! 
    Q
    CP September 2019
  • Options
    OK just updated my bracket. I say Olivia goes home (unless the producers decide to have a field day and push the madness for another week??), plus Jen since I have no recollection of her whatsoever, plus LaurenH because she doesn't really stand out to me. Let the games begin :) 
  • Options
    Noooooooo! I forgot to do my bracket! :(:(