Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Do you drive yourself crazy symptom checking during the tww?

andilion16andilion16 member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Do you drive yourself crazy symptom checking during the tww? 114 votes

Yes! Constntly googling every little thing!
44% 51 votes
Only if I'm really truly feeling symptoms
30% 35 votes
Nope, not at all.
24% 28 votes

Re: Do you drive yourself crazy symptom checking during the tww?

• Options
    I've never googled anything, but I'm constantly thinking "I wonder if that's a pregnancy symptom"
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. Maybe the first month I had a few fleeting thoughts, but I've always understood that if I had symptoms that meant I would be able to turn a test, so I never really saw a point.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    First two months of ttc I was constantly googling "[insert symptom here] [insert dpo here]" but this month I've been really good at not SS.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    I look up the potential due date each month too!!!
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 Oh yes, I do that on CD1 too!

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left

• Options
    Yes, lately I've been overthinking every single symptom during the past week and a half. At this point, I'm assuming they are all in my head. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nope. Maybe the first month I had a few fleeting thoughts, but I've always understood that if I had symptoms that meant I would be able to turn a test, so I never really saw a point.

I know this in theory! Like rationally, I know this. But then I hear all these stories of strange symptoms super duper early resulting in BFP and my rational side takes a hiatus while my baby crazy side takes over and onto Google I hop... Then I'm stuck there to AF shows. :neutral:
  • Options
    I did the first 6 months. Now that I am currently in cycle 16 not so much.

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• Options
    @comealongponds Yeah the VIP membership to FF definitely feeds my crazy. 

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• Options
    I do if I am feeling something I have never felt before, HOWEVER, that will sometimes make me obsess about everything else happening as well, for example: the other day I felt mild cramping and then got hit with a wave of super exhaustion like I had never felt before, so I then starting obsessing about every other little thing I felt as well. It's definitely a slippery slope...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TW: loss mentioned

i used to be a hardcore SS Googler. Since my loss in December, I've now moved on to comparing that chart to my current to see similarities and differences. And now I finally bought a subscription to FF and there's a function where you can overlay your chart over other people's and OMG I can't stop. I think I need help. 

I feel all:

Edit: because gifs are hard

Over other peoples?????!!!

You can?

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    babymish said:

i used to be a hardcore SS Googler. Since my loss in December, I've now moved on to comparing that chart to my current to see similarities and differences. And now I finally bought a subscription to FF and there's a function where you can overlay your chart over other people's and OMG I can't stop. I think I need help. 

I feel all:

You can?
    Yessss! Go to "Charts Like Mine" and then pick "zoom/overlay" and the choose "overlay my chart".

its fun. And dangerously time consuming. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

babymish said:

I feel all:

You can?

Yessss! Go to "Charts Like Mine" and then pick "zoom/overlay" and the choose "overlay my chart".

its fun. And dangerously time consuming. 

Woah

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    PensiveCrayonPensiveCrayon member
    edited January 2016
    Yeah, I'd like to say I only Google when I have legit symptoms, but in all honesty, I think I'm more of the "OMG stomach twinge am I PREGGERS???" type.

Which is really inconvenient, because this month, the veryfirstmonth we're trying, something strange seems to have occurred to regular ol' 27-day-cycle me. CD23, 8DPO and I'm bleeding. I'd like to say this is just, um, heavy implantation bleeding because it's cramp-free and lighter than my regular AF's. But there was a huge BBT dip this morning that went with it.

Needless to say, I've been on Google all morning. Now I understand the crazy people who start threads with very specific symptoms and ask "What does it mean?" I just want someone to tell me I'm still in the game!  :'(

Well. Only time will tell. If my temp stays down tomorrow, I'm counting today as CD1.

ETA: And I'm buying beer and Ben and Jerry's to drown my sorrow with. This might have to become a regular thing.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options

I feel all:

Ugh I wish I had the membership. If I get AF this cycle then I'm totally getting it, because this whole google image searching "BFP charts" and then holding my phone w/ my FF chart on it up to the computer screen is getting a lil cra-zy. My poor DH is even googling charts in his free time now. I've created a monster! 
  • Options
    Since we've been trying for over a year, I don't pay attention to anything in the TWW. Not worth the anxiety and second guessing. 
    This. Also, my LP is 10 days, so there's not a lot of time between when implantation could occur and AF to freak out about symptoms.
  • Options
    *previous pregnancy/loss mention

I'm with ladymillil, I don't have much time to overthink things. When I did get pregnant before, I didn't really think to test until I was 13 DPO when I don't normally make it past 11. The BFP truly was my first pregnancy symptom. I've never been so convinced I WASN'T pregnant until I saw the second line. 

However, that night I started to get the weird CM that pregnancy brings. So now I'm looking way too much into the weird CM I've been having this TWW. Never mind that it's nothing like the CM I had when pregnant.

Otherwise though, I do all right. Logically, I know that it's too early to have symptoms through most of the TWW, and that my PMS symptoms like to keep me guessing, and everything you can possibly think of is a potential "pregnancy symptom". I'm also one that normally begins to test as soon as it's remotely possible to turn a test, though. 
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 yesssssss I am 100% with you! I have looked up the due dates for the next potential 6 months.. Just in case. Ugh..

@comealongponds yes. The charts like mine is so addicting. I research them like its my job. And ps... Love the gif
  • Options
    I have nausea literally every TWW and I haven't been pregnant. I think my body just doesn't like the progesterone levels being high. Now that I think about it - is that something I should worry about?

But no, I don't SS because it happens every time. Or, if I do get something different, I can usually attribute it to something else.
  • Options
    I've thought my PMS symptoms were pregnancy symptoms every month when we were TTA, so I don't have high hopes for me when we're actually TTC.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I drove myself to distraction SS. My search history was so bad I made sure to delete it after the last few months. Every little twinge or minor symptom totally related to a normal cycle or early pregnancy had me running to the computer. I'm now just waiting it out and testing when necessary.
  • Options
    This is my first month trying to conceive so I cannot help but google and try to figure out what the heck I am doing!