Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro

Well I never thought I would find myself back on this board...but here I am.

My first miscarriage was in 2013, was a mmc found just shy of 9w. I shortly after got KU with our dd who is now almost 2.

2nd mc was just this past September at 6 weeks.

Just last night, at 16 weeks we found out our baby boy's heart had stopped beating. He was coming quickly and I delivered him within an hour of finding out. We are completely broken.

Just looking for anyone who has been down this road of multiple miscarriages and/or a late miscarriage.

After our other 2 mc I was ready to start trying or at least think about it almost immediately. This time, I'm not even sure I want to again, and that scares me.

I'm sorry that we are all here and I'm here to talk about any other miscarriage questions anyone may have, unfortunately I've become too well versed in all of it over the past few years.

Re: Intro

• Goodness gracious. I am so completely sorry.

How are you feeling physically right now?
  • Physically I'm not too bad. I'm not much of a bleeder ever, after all my miscarriages I've either not bled or just spotted, which is about all that's happening now. I'm exhausted (probably more of an emotional thing) and sore, I'm assuming that's from my muscles and everything stretching and going back down.
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaurenAsh23 - I'm sorry for your losses
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @LaurenAsh23 -- I'm so so sorry for your losses! I just had my first mc (first pregnancy) at 9w, and I can't even imagine how devastating this must be for you, having been 16w. My heart goes out to you, and my hope and prayer for you is that even as you grieve the loss of your little boy, your desire for another baby will return in time. I have a friend who had a late mc (19w I believe) and she went on to have 2 healthy babies. Allow yourself time to heal and grieve, and who knows what the future may bring. 
    Me: 30 | Him: 33
    Married: 7/14/13
    TTC #1 May 2015
    Dec 2015 BFP, loss at 9w1d
  • I'm sorry for your losses.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• mrtmrt member
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I just had my first miscarriage at 8 weeks and I asked my doctor for a birth control prescription because mentally I just don't want to do this again right away. I know I will, but I'm not ready yet.

Give yourself some time to heal emotionally and physically, then see how you feel about it. 
  • @LaurenAsh23 I am so sorry. Multiple losses are so unfair, and to have one in the second tri is so difficult. There are ladies on TB who have had later losses, and unfortunately multiple losses as well. I just had my second loss, at 12+1, though we had known since 9+4 that it was coming. Are you doing testing with your doctor to try to identify what might be the cause of your losses? Will you be having testing done of the baby? I couldn't bear to bring the sac anywhere for testing after passing it, but if I were to have an third loss I would probably do that to try to get some answers.

I also felt unsure if I wanted to try again this time, for the first several weeks. Eventually I decided I did still want this, as difficult as the thought of going through infertility again and maybe another loss would be. But we are starting testing and will see if we can identify what is going on with us.

So many hugs to you, and I am just devastated to see that you have gone through this yet again.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• I didn't find out about my miscarriage until 16 weeks also. I missed my 12 week appointment or they would have been able to tell something was wrong there. I tried to reschedule it but they couldn't get me in. I started miscarrying the week of my 16 week appt.  I'm sorry for your loss and like @mrt I'm not sure when I will be ready to try again, but I know it's still so fresh for me. A guy I work with and his wife have just experienced their 4th loss and I'm not sure where their strength comes to keep trying. I have always felt connected to them since the first baby they lost would be the same age as my DD. Their 4th loss and my first were 3 days apart last week
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LaurenAsh23LaurenAsh23 member
    edited January 2016
    @AL_TwinCities I have my follow up this week and am going to talk to my dr about if she thinks we should get any testing done. Dh had his sperm tested years ago when we were having trouble ttc. Since then we haven't had any trouble getting pregnant, it's just staying pregnant. As far as baby, we did request testing but unfortunately we don't know if we will get any answers. We saw our son Monday on an ultrasound and lost him Saturday. By the time I delivered, he had been dead for at least 2 days and in order for pathology to test cells it has to be within 48 hours of death unfortunately. 

At this point I'm really waiting for everything to hit me. I feel like I'm in denial or just numb and know it'll have to hit me sooner or later.