Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Sunday

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R/CS:

GTKY: Based on the past few days...LETS SEE THOSE CAKES! What flavored were they?
(If you aren't married, what's your dream cake or what flavor a is your favorite?)
TTC1: May 2015
Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
DD: May 1, 2017
TTC2: June 2019
CP September 2019
Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020

Re: TWW Sunday

• Loading the player...
  • Options

*** question in cs*****

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 27/10.. In the home stretch!

Timing: -5, -2, -1, +1

Testing: 1/26 12DPO

R/R/CS: ok.. So my LP is 16 days. Is 12dpo too soon to test? I'm trying to keep myself from Google for the next few days... But it's so hard to wait to test

GTKY: Based on the past few days...LETS SEE THOSE CAKES! What flavored were they?
    (If you aren't married, what's your dream cake or what flavor a is your favorite?)

Ugh I don't have a picture of my lovely table. We did a cupcake table with 6 different flavors all fall related (except for the maple chocolate bacon... Yum!!) and we had a small spike cake with the best frosting ever! Then we had homemade candy apples surrounding it for guests and a skeleton bride and groom.. Because why not! I will try to get my old computer to work so I can download a picture of the table.. But for now this is all I have..

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Month/Cycle: 3

CD/DPO: 2 dpo

Timing: flawless

Testing: 10 dpo

R/R/CS: I'm already Googling VERY BAD things. At 2 DPO.

****RANT ***

So I went BSC last cycle and decided to go read the pinned thread " secrets on how to survive the waiting game" and there aren't any secrets! I was looking for some shit to DO when the Google happens and crazy creeps in.

My cake was very simple. Off white and white, 3 tiered, I had the baker keep it plain and my mom added flowers. We set it on a raised platform on the table to make it appear bigger and give it extra drama. I surprised my husband with a groom's cake modeled after his favorite Nascar driver's race car and he loved it.

Our wedding was very small. It was less than 100 people. I sunk the most dollars into a string trio for the reception (that was important to me) and the honeymoon of course.

We drove all the way to FL with our car that said "just married" on it and needless to say we got a ton of people honking at us!

Edit f-up
  • Options
    @pambtoro - that cake is gorgeous!  Eclectic too :)

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD/DPO: 23/3

Timing: -3,-1,O

Testing: I guess waiting to see if this spotting turns into a period.  I'll test the 1st either way though since I've bled for the entire first trimesters of both my viable pregnancies. 

R/R/CS:  I'm spotting.  Seriously sucks.  I'm only 3 DPO and I'm not enough an optimist to think implantation bleeding.  Ever since getting my cycle back after my second - my period has started with spotting multiple days of spotting so now I'm just waiting for the flow.

GTKY: I had to get on my desktop to find these!  I loved my cakes. The wedding cake was chocolate chip with butter cream frosting  and the Groom's cake was an Eagle Talon, the car DH had when we fell in love.  It was chocolate.  SO delicious and they were beautiful :)  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    @Blonde1817 congrats!! And thanks for the info!
  • Options
    Congrats to @Blonde1817!! H&H 9! 

CD/DPO: 25/9

Timing: -4, -2, 0

Testing: I broke down and tested this am after 2 days of a temp dip. BFN. Feeling very pessimistic. 

R/R/CS: Just feeling blah.

Love these GTKYs! So fun! I wanted mine to be just simple, nothing crazy. We had raspberry and lemon fillings, if I remember right. DH picked out the topper, not necessarily my style, but I just loved that he cared about it that much. Sorry the pic is massive, not sure how to make it smaller. 

• Options
    @murray1030  I don't think 12DPO would be too early too test. I'm pretty sure the time it takes for implantation isn't affected by LP length, so you should be able to test at the same DPO as anyone else. (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident in this.)

Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD/DPO: 27/13

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Testing: My wondfos were supposed to arrive 2 days ago, but they are now just out for delivery. I have a cup of FMU waiting for them when they arrive today.

R/R/CS: My temp went down today, but it is still above the coverline and usually it drops below the coverline 2 days before my period. My period is due tomorrow. So I'm staying hopeful. Also yesterday I had what I marked as spotting, but it was just some CM tinged reddish that was on my liner once when I went to the bathroom and it wasn't there when I wiped nor did it show up again and **TMI** when we had sex later in the day, my husband said he didn't get any blood on him and he usually does when I'm spotting after my period (I usually don't spot before). So idk if it really counts as spotting or not...

I don't get the point of fancy cakes. I've never once noticed what someone's cake looks like at a wedding. Also my husband doesn't like cake, so we did cupcakes and also a few other desserts (brownies, cookies, etc.) The cupcake flavors were vanilla, strawberry, and pumpkin cheesecake.  And instead of a cake cutting, we just fed each other cupcakes.

• Options
    @Blonde1817 Congrats! H&H9 to you and your SO!
  • Options
    @Blonde1817 - Congrats!!  @EALasagna45 wicked cake!  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
  • Options
    Dirty lurker here.... congrats @Blonde1817 !!!

Also, now I really want cake for breakfast...
  • Options
    Congratulations @Blonde1817!!!! 

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD/DPO: 23/10

Timing: -1, 0

Testing: still thinking mid-week if I can wait that long! 

R/R/CS: Kinda shocked that I didn't cave and test today! It probably helped that I sort of absentmindedly wasted FMU and that I am running low on HPTs. There's honestly a part of me that doesn't think this month is my month anyway - I can't describe why...maybe it's just a self-defense mechanism. I'm also "UPOD" believer (under promise, over deliver), so perhaps I'm using it on myself. If I don't think it's gonna happen, I'll be that much more surprised! :) 

The cake wasn't super important to me - I wanted the cake cutting tradition, so we decided to have a cake where only one layer was actually real!! For our guests, we served individual mini three-tiered fudge wedding cakes that were covered in white cream so they totally looked like cute little wedding cakes. And damn were they tasty! 

Pic of our cake is below - super streamlined, covered in white fondant with white peonies, with a chocolate cake and chocolate hazelnut filling. And yes, we did save the leftovers to eat a year later! It was certainly.... interesting....haha.

Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    par_mach_kaipar_mach_kai member
    edited January 2016

CD/DPO: 22/7

Timing: -3, -1, O

Testing: Will hold off until Tuesday at the earliest

R/R/CS: Nothing today :)

GTKY: Based on the past few days...LETS SEE THOSE CAKES! What flavored were they? We actually didn't have a cake, but had cupcakes (vanilla). Unfortunately no pictures!

ETA: @Blonde1817 congrats!! 

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 4/5 TTCAL

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing: -3, -2, -1, 0

Testing: CD 23 if I can hold off!

R/R/CS: I feel like my mood swings get more intense with each passing cycle. DH and I got into an argument this morning because I randomly got really upset about our health insurance changing at the new year. There was no reason I needed to freak out over it, but I did. I'm turning into a beast!

GTKY: Based on the past few days...LETS SEE THOSE CAKES!

We did a cake topper so DH and I would have something to cut at the reception and save for later, then had a cupcake tower for our guests. The topper was beautiful (can't really see it in this picture) but the cupcakes weren't decorated as we had asked them to be. No big deal, they were delicious and who really cares what the cupcakes look like. A mix of chocolate, coconut and red velvet with butter cream frosting.

Side note: our guests devoured our cake topper. We were left with nothing. The wait staff didn't even have a chance to take it away before it was gone. Vultures!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Well, it looks like today is now CD1. Onto cycle 6...
  • Options
    Congratulations @Blonde1817 !!! H&H 9 months!

Thank you @bornmommy :) My dress had Swarovski crystals on the bodice so we thought we would incorporate bling into the entire event including the cake! I found a few different pictures on Pinterest of cakes with various patterns on each tier so used that for inspiration. PS- I love your grooms cake!! I think that idea is so cute and I wish I could go back and have one at ours.
  • Options
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1

CD/DPO: 24/8

Timing: -5,-4,-1,+1

Testing: AF is due 1/31 if I can wait... If not then maybe 12 dpo which is Thursday

R/R/CS: temp is staying up, trying not to SS, trying not to go BSC!

Congrats @Blonde1817!
  • Options
    ** Charting/TTC question below ***

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 19/7

Timing: -1, 0

Testing: 14 dpo

R/R/CS: This is my first month TTC/charting so I am learning! I was hoping you might be able to clear something up for me. I had a dip in temp at 5 dpo. From what I have read dips in temp are fairly normal with or without pregnancy. When I research dips in temp at this time there are some cases where women said they had an implantation dip that early, but there was something else about a corpus luteum dip? I can't find anything on what a corpus luteum dup means?! I only read it was most common 2-5 dpo and is commonly mistaken for an implantation dip? Has anyone else researched this? Any advice would be much appreciated

Here is my chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/61c4b7

I liked my cake, but it was not my favorite. I actually didn't choose it. My MIL planned the whole reception because we lived and were married all the way across the country and then when we moved here a few weekks later they threw us a reception. DH and I always talk about renewing our 10 year anniversary since we didn't get the wedding or party we would have liked.

Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: Feb. 2009
    TTC #1
  • Options
    @RN91 I get a dip around CD 4 or 5 EVERY month. (Didn't stop me from freaking out about it this month, because I'm an unstoppable ball of crazy.) I've heard it has something to do with a surge of estrogen. Don't quote me on that, though!

Basically, don't read too much into it :).
  • Options
    @babymish and @JamieMichelle12 - Thanks so much! I have been trying to hold it together! I have been doing good not SS and I'm not jumping to POAS, but interpreting my temps.... Oh, that has me google crazy!!!!
    Me: 24 DH: 28
    Married: Feb. 2009
    TTC #1
  • Options
    I have it every month, too @RN91. The first month I was so excited, but I've now realized it's just part of my normal. My charts are in my siggy if you want to see them.