Pregnant after a Loss

We're having a Girl! I'm happy, but...

We found out today we are having a little girl! The rest of our results from our testing look great. Low risk for the 4 chromosomal disorders they test for. We are both really excited. I am just a little bit upset though. Our previous loss was a little boy and it sounds crazy but I had my heart set on a little boy this time too. We don't have any children yet and we plan to try for more kids. It's a weird hurting in my chest that I can't explain. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to buy super cute dresses and little bows and whatnot, but this news also makes our previous loss very real and fresh for me. Anyone else experience this? I can't be the only one!
Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.

Re: We're having a Girl! I'm happy, but...

• Thank you @rkrichey! That's exactly what I needed to hear tonight!  
  • Loading the player...
  • First, I'm so sorry about your son. I had very similar feelings. I have a 4yo son and the baby we lost was a girl. Going into this pregnancy I had a real hard time deciding if I wanted to find out now or at the birth. I didn't want to feel disappointment if I wasn't going to get a little girl. I didn't want to feel disappointment at all because I was so thankful to have this pregnancy. It's such a strange feeling and I understand. We ended up finding out and it was a little girl. So God willing, I will get my baby girl. Congratulations on your little girl! I pray you will have the love of a little boy in your next pregnancy.
  • I am thoroughly convinced the baby we lost was a little boy, we have no proof and I lost it at 12wks so no way to know.  Anyway I am now pregnant with a little girl and I honestly panicked when we found out, but not for the same reasons as you.  I feel like I barely pass as a girl since I was such a tomboy, I can't do my hair or make up and I can barely dress myself, never the less have any style at all, I just feel like my husband is an awesome guy and would be able to teach a son how to be awesome and I'm at a loss with a little girl, but I will figure it out.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @bntfroggie just because you're not a girly girl doesn't mean you won't know what to do with a little girl. She may also be a tomboy. And, if she isn't then you will learn to play dress up and have pink frilly things. I'm not planning on a lot of pink or bows. But, if my daughter is showing me that this is what she wants to do then I'll surely buy them for her. I think you just have to pay attention to your daughter and go with what she is showing you.

My niece is 3 and all she wants to do is go to dance class, play with her toy kitchen, and take a tumbling class (no one has ever talked to her about this). But, her dad is trying to force her into soccer. The little girl doesn't want to kick around a ball. All she wants to do is put on her tutu but it's not because anyone has ever told her "this is what little girls are supposed to do." It's just her. If she were more interested in playing with balls or trucks then I think soccer would be good. Like I said, you just have to listen to your kid and follow their lead.

You'll do great! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
  • My twin nephews wanted to wear nail polish and carry purses when they were three. They were also obsessed with garbage trucks and construction equipment. They were all over the place. Like PP said, just follow her lead.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @bntfroggie We are all best at being who we are. How boring would it be if we were all the same? I'm sure your lil girl will appreciate who you are!
  • @LifeofLauren2 thank you for that, I think that is the conclusion I came to as well.
    @CarrieandRoy I'm so excited to see her little personality :smile:
    @kimey1 awe thank you, very true we would be so boring.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • I'm so sorry about your little boy and can definitely relate to your situation. My first was a little girl, we named her Lillian. When we found out we were having a boy this time I had a lot of weird mixed emotions about it.. 
    Now im 26 weeks and am glad the sex is different. My vision of my daughter is its own separate memory now, and I think if I were to be having another girl it would stir up all those feelings I had towards my little girl. Now I can plan for a COMPLETELY different child, sex and all. And I can start off my hopes and dreams with a fresh start. I know the pain of loosing a little one and I hope you start to feel better soon <3 
  • I think I can understand. You got your mind prepared for a girl. I only have boys. I think if I lost a girl and didn't have another one of feel the loss just a bit more, and a bit more of a sting at the US. But congrats on a healthy US! Hopefully this boy will someday soon have a little sister. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker