October 2015 Moms
Options

East Coast Blizzard (US)

Who is all affected?? I'm in PA and we're getting hit pretty hard. SO was trying to go to work (he's a manager and someone called off) and the road was blocked on his way and while he was stopped the car in front of him backed into him. Thankfully it seems to just be bumper damage but still. He came home and now may end up having to try again, thank you corporate companies! We love on a snow emergency route so our on street parking isn't allowed and were parked at a friends a few blocks away. SO shoveled a straight path to the road this morning and it's a couple inches filled already. I'm so over it lol

Re: East Coast Blizzard (US)

• Options
    I'm in central Jersey and we're getting hit hard! Luckily I'm not back at work yet and my husband is off every weekend, and I stocked up on everything we could possibly need last Monday, so we have no reason to leave until Monday. Just staying in and staying nice and warm! We love the snow, I wish our son was older so we could play in the snow with him!
  • Options
    Regardless, I am so jealous! I haven't had any snow and it doesn't look like any is on its way. I wish I was snowed in!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AiramJ said:

Regardless, I am so jealous! I haven't had any snow and it doesn't look like any is on its way. I wish I was snowed in!

I'll share lol. I hate the cold. I love the beauty of the snow but stay off the road lol. I'm sure our older littles will be out playing in to today but currently were drifted all sorts of crazy. I'm gonna bring some snow in and let Damien play in it with his hand lol
  • Options
    I'm in CT and it's starting to hit us pretty hard now. My SO plows so it's just me and little one at home, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to shovel the driveway with a 3 month old when it's gone tomorrow morning?!?!
  • Options
    @swickham7 I recommend waiting till it stops if you guys are getting it like we are. The drifting is quite bad and it's still snowing. We aren't even touching it until this evening. And then we have to go dig out SO's car on the side street lol
  • Options
    Just a lurker here but also in pa! We have snows drifts in our yard that are taller than me it's insane..praying the power doesn't go out
  • Options
    @dkubb where in PA are you?? I'm not too far from Hershey. I hope your power stays on!! We seem to be in the clear power wise so far. But I think PennDot gave up plowing our road for now it's terrible. We're in a driving ban here as well. Thankfully I went grocery shopping last week so SO is making us Empanadas for dinner!! Woohoo!
  • Options
    I'm also effected by the snow, I was just thinking I wish my LO was older so she can go out and play in it. But by the end of the year or rather next year if mother nature wants to be fickle with it.
  • Options
    I'm in MA on the NH border and it's gonna miss us.. I'm so bummed! We got like 4 feet last year and it was awesome, I love being snowed in :) but I just read 11 people have died in this storm in the south, don't go out unless absolutely necessary!
  • Options
    Send some west! NM here. We got some in December but I'd love some more. I need to go skiing sometime this season!!
  • Options
    @midge519 we're right outside of Allentown..haven't seen a plow truck since this morning so we're just relaxing and enjoying our lazy day..hopefully were not snowed in for too long!
  • Options
    I'm in Maryland and we have about 30 inches right now. The hubby measured a snow drift at 48 inches. I'm so over it
  • Options
    @dkubb holy crap! We didn't really see them until we went to shovel at 530. We shoveled for two hours to get SOs car shoveled out and most of our sidewalks and stuff. Including drift it's at least 3 feet here. I'll try to get a picture. It's crazy!
  • Options
    @trishee13 I'm in NH on the MA border and so bummed were getting nothing. It didn't even flurry here. Now I'm hoping February doesn't end up like last year cause that was awful!
  • Options
    I'm in Md...22 inches where I am, but other areas are reporting 29 inches. The county I work for closed Friday and already called our closure for Monday. I am stoked!!!
  • Options
    midge519 said:

@dkubb holy crap! We didn't really see them until we went to shovel at 530. We shoveled for two hours to get SOs car shoveled out and most of our sidewalks and stuff. Including drift it's at least 3 feet here. I'll try to get a picture. It's crazy!

Yup my older girls were out in it earlier they're 3 and 4 and most parts of our yard just towered over them..and good job on shoveling we haven't even attempted it yet lol
  • Options
    @BryDienta oh god I know, last year was miserable! I wouldn't mind one big storm. But yeah it hasn't snowed here at all yet either :( we'll probably get slammed in February. Where in NH are you? I'm right next to Salem NH
  • Options
    Just took this picture. This is with the drifting and shoveling today I'm 5'4" so you can compare

• Options
    Stay safe east coast mamas! I'm glad I live in Texas. :p
  • Options
    November lurker here. Also in MD. I live in southern Maryland. We have at least a foot, but the drifts are crazy. We decided to get snowed in at a friends house because they have a wood stove and we were worried about loosing power. Kind of wished we'd just stayed home and risked it, I'm going mad.
  • Options
    @trishee13 I now live in Manchester (I consider it close enough) but lived in Nashua for the first 24 years of my life! I also work in Bedford MA so I'm pretty much with there or in Nashua.
  • Options
    We have had a travel ban in effect in my area since yesterday about noon and it's still in effect. We officially have gotten 30 inches before drifting. This is crazy lol. Until the ban is lifted SO can't go to work so well be working on more shoveling today.
  • Options
    I would love to have some snow here but seeing as I've only seen a little snow once in the 23 years I've lived in CA it probably won't happen :disappointed: have fun !!
  • Options

DD1 and DH have been outside for hours. LO and I prefer to nap haha.
  • Options
    I am in Nashua NH and i am beyond thrilled that this storm missed us!! I know eventually well get hit but i am so not ready!
  • Options
    @BryDienta were almost neighbors.. I'm in Methuen, right next to Salem! :)