Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Clear Blue Fertility Monitor - TTC/Success

jhope1991jhope1991 member
edited January 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hi ladies, I created this discussiom for anybody to express their experience that is using cbfm while TTC or those with success stories. I'm sure we all need the reassurance.

Re: Clear Blue Fertility Monitor - TTC/Success

• Options
    jhope1991 said:

Hi ladies, I created this discussiom for anybody to express their experience that is using cbfm while TTC or those with success stories. I'm sure we all need the reassurance.

@jhope1991 I was literally just gifted one of these last week and honestly I'm kindof side-eyeing it as a $$$ fertility iSTAT (bedside lab machine). Is there a specific question you have? The search bar popped up a lot of results for threads...you might find what you're looking for there. Just as a head's up, I know you mean well with your last sentence, but threads looking for success stories (& reassurance tied to them) don't tend to go over well here.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have some of these but haven't tried them yet. I may be misinterpreting what I've seen here in the past, but I feel like these might cause a lot of confusion for their price. I highly recommend Wondfos, I take them twice a day while WTO and can detect an LH surge that way.

As for reassurance, I really wish I could help with that, but I can't.
    DD born PPROM preemie at 36 weeks on 10/1/17 after over a year TI, 
    then 3 failed IUIs, and finally a successful IVF FET.

Due with #2 5/2/19 after HIO once in my FW,
    because apparently that's how life works now. Team Blue!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Do you mean the digital advanced? If so, I used them. I didn't care for them, and was about to try something else. They are expensive and didn't line up with my O date. Sometimes I would O 4 days after peak, sometimes the day of my peak... very unpredictable for my body. I dI'd however manage to get a BFP. It was not the success of the CBAD though. It was because of temping/charting.
  • Options
    I use the monitor, wondfo OPKs, and BBT. At this point I feel that the OPKs are good because they are cheap and you can test multiple times a day (I've actually been able to also track approximately how long my Lh surge is with them). I see the monitor as something more for people who don't want to deal with the inconvenience and frustrations of trying to interpret a graph of temperatures and interpreting the OPKs. That being said, I still use all three, but the monitor gives me less information than I thought it would. I guess the good thing is that it can give you some heads up that you should be ovulating soonish when you start getting the "high" fertility.

WORF: I did not come here to admire the scenery. 
    DAX: If you say so. I guess we should just go home. 
    WORF: Well maybe. I would not be so hasty. 
    DAX: I take it the scenery has improved? 
    WORF: A few months ago, when I was commanding the Defiant on a scouting mission in the Gamma Quadrant, we encountered a protostar cluster, a swirling mass of colour set against a background of glowing clouds and burning sky. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, until now. 
    DAX: I've got to take you on vacation more often. 

• Options
    The advanced ones are a pain in the ass. Not worth it. If you want digital just use the clear blue digital...advanced ones are annoying!
  • Options
    I appreciate everyone's advice on it. It did give me a little bit more insight on OPK's in general. I actually bought the advanced fertility monitor for pretty cheap on amazon. We've been trying for 6 years now and I'm just hoping this little techy device will help with predicting my ovulation . If it doesn't than I can always resell it for someone that may benefit from it and try another method.
  • Options
    @jhope1991 I used it while ttc my first two and found it very helpful - especially with my second since I definitely would have missed my peak day without using the monitor. That being said - my cycles are pretty regular. I just O at different times so t helped me. Its typically not helpful for people with irregular or cycle lasting over 30 days.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    Lol a fertility iSTAT! @virginiaham that's hilarious! Every time I see them and think about buying...that's a lot of $$$.
  • Options
    @TheBorg7of9  we went to multiple fertility doctors but everyone says that we are both fine and it's the timing in everything. IDK what else to do but I can't go to every doctor in america so they can tells us the same thing. I just figured I give this a shot and see what happens next. By the way ladies, I finally got my 1st high fertility on CD 18. I used so many different OPK's and this is the first one to ever give me good news. YAY!