January 2016 Moms
Options

Hallelujah!!!

My sweet Kylie was born Saturday. Nursing was painful, when the lactation consultant came Sunday she said that she may be tongue tied. The pediatrician that saw her Sunday confirmed and gave us the number of the ENT that she recommended. I called Monday and have been painfully nursing since then. They got us in today and we spent a total of 15 minutes in the doctors office, they clipped her tongue and then I nursed.

Besides the initial latch giving a twinge it didn't hurt to feed my baby!!! HUGE TEARS OF JOY!

Re: Hallelujah!!!

• Options
    Awesome!!! The initial latch won't hurt after a few days. Give them time to heal with a good latch and sore nipples will be a thing of the past!! Congrats
  • Options
    Hooray! Glad it was caught early.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow - I've just found out that my little one has a tie too! So you recommend having it sorted?! I've been in so much pain and she's been feeding constantly. 
  • Options
    Oh wow - I've just found out that my little one has a tie too! So you recommend having it sorted?! I've been in so much pain and she's been feeding constantly. 
    I absolutely recommend seeing an ENT about it. It was amazingly easy to have fixed.
  • Options
    I notice baby's tounge tie day 1. My first has one but it was not severe enough to cause issues with nursing. She has a slight issue with pronouncing her L's but that's it. It's was during the snow storm so pediatrician didn't get to hospital until day 2. And we didn't get the ENT until day 3. Baby's tounge could not even past reach his gums. In those 2 days of waiting I got tore a new one. And I'm an expericed ebf mom I nursed my first 3.5years. The next few day were rough too. I couldn't get him to latch deep enough, I guess he was still healing. Day 5 I was in so much misery. Then day 6 pain free easy and enjoyable like with my first. I never understood it when moms said nursing hurt, I never had any pain at all before. A bad latch is no joke. It took us both some time to heal and adjust. 
  • Options
    When they brought him back to me after his tounge tie was corrected it was so cool. He was working his tounge in and out smacking his lips. It was like he knew he had a new skill. 
  • Options
    My LO has an upper lip tie. We went to ENT and the doctor said that he could do it in the office but it's a lot harder to cut and will bleed more if DS is awake. He suggested to put him under nitrous oxide (?). He said the upper lip is harder to fix than a tongue tie. We have to wait 14 business days either way for it to be pre approved by the insuance. It makes me so nervous!! Plus we can't go in the room with him. I want to cry just thinking about it  :'(
  • Options
    melturz said:
    My LO has an upper lip tie. We went to ENT and the doctor said that he could do it in the office but it's a lot harder to cut and will bleed more if DS is awake. He suggested to put him under nitrous oxide (?). He said the upper lip is harder to fix than a tongue tie. We have to wait 14 business days either way for it to be pre approved by the insuance. It makes me so nervous!! Plus we can't go in the room with him. I want to cry just thinking about it  :'(
    Why can't you go into the room?
  • Options
    melturz said:
    Why can't you go into the room?
    Because it technically is a surgery and there will be plenty of others in there. Though the doctor did say that it should only take 10 minutes tops so I won't have to wait that long.