Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Predicting population boom in mid-Atlantic states

Many of us know that there's a huge snowstorm predicted for the mid-Atlantic states this weekend. While most of us have been planning to get pregnant, I'm predicting many people will become pregnant with in the next month unexpectedly.

I'm hoping I'm part of the population boom out of snowmaggedon 2016. I've got a small shot. Anyone else mid-Atlantic folks?
Married 8/12
MC 4/15
BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Predicting population boom in mid-Atlantic states

• Options
    I'm in northern VA!! I'm hoping to be a part of it too :)

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF

• Options
    A foot of snow outside my door right now and yesterday was O day. I keep telling DH that snow is our good luck charm. We both LOVE cold weather and loathe summer (hence my screen name).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iceandsnowflakes29 I'm thinking taking it easy and being snowed in can only help, right? Ugh I'm getting my hopes up.

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left

• Options
    I always take it easy during the 2ww. I know there is absolutely no science behind it and probably not necessary but, outside of housework I try to just chill.
  • Options
    We were on the light edge of this storm, but we got about 5-6 inches of snow overnight. Definitely not planning to leave the house, but I already O'd so I don't think it will make much difference, haha.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    "Snow babies" are a real thing. Ask any OB lol
    image image
  • Options
    Definitely felt pressure from all of the "can't wait to see the baby pics in 9 months" posts on Facebook. Yes, would love a snow baby, but we're still a few days off from O so while we can try, I'm a little jealous of all those people who will be unintentionally successful.
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    @kirby1220 I'm also jealous of those people. There will be lots of them. 

TTC #1 since Nov. 2015

• Options
    My FW starts tomorrow, getting excited for snowmaggedon!!
  • Options
    I was at first upset my fertile window wasnt for a week, but then realized I'm not sure I want to have a baby during the busiest time in the year for my midwife, lol. Maybe this month is a good one for ntnp, lol. ( joking, I will be hio until I get crosshairs ;) )
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Snow babies, storm babies, large city black out babies, any significant natural or emotional disaster, a huge amount of soldier comes home from deployment babies.... all of them have a mine population increase 9 months later. I had a manger that would note this kind stuff and would limit the amount of staff that could ask for it off.
  • Options
    fx for everyone.  We should be finding out soon if our snow days turned into a new somebody.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Snow babies, storm babies, large city black out babies, any significant natural or emotional disaster, a huge amount of soldier comes home from deployment babies.... all of them have a mine population increase 9 months later. I had a manger that would note this kind stuff and would limit the amount of staff that could ask for it off.
    Are you saying your manager would limit the amount of maternity/paternity leave people could get off if they got pregnant during one of these times? That's awful.

Or are you saying he/she would limit the time people could ask off to go make babies?
  • Options
    Are you saying your manager would limit the amount of maternity/paternity leave people could get off if they got pregnant during one of these times? That's awful.

Or are you saying he/she would limit the time people could ask off to go make babies?
    ***lurking***
    My interpretation was that vacation would be limited during these times in general. I assumed @PugsandKisses is in a medical field. I could be totally off base though.