Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Thoughts on Friend visiting after vacation abroad

bb89012bb89012 member
edited January 2016 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
One of my best friends just got back from a vacation to Mexico and wants to visit the baby. LO is only 3 weeks old and I'm a little nervous. What are your thoughts?

Re: Thoughts on Friend visiting after vacation abroad

• I would say no.
  • What part of Mexico was she in?
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Loading the player...
  • If it were me I'd probably allow it. Maybe wait a week after she gets back to see if sh has any symptoms of anything? I would think she's more likely to catch something on the plane than anything in Mexico, unless she's drinking the water. ;)
  • Maybe tell her LO is too young for visitors and wait a couple weeks. If she caught anything, it would definitely either show up in that time or leave her system?
  • If it were me I'd probably allow it. Maybe wait a week after she gets back to see if sh has any symptoms of anything? I would think she's more likely to catch something on the plane than anything in Mexico, unless she's drinking the water. ;)

Me too.
  • As far as I know there's nothing going on in Mexico, I'm a nurse about an hour north of Miami so they alert us of infectious diseases throughout the carribbean because there's so much traveling in this area. Just tell her to make sure she's not feeling sick and have everyone wash hands before touching baby.