Pregnant after a Loss

Would love some opinions please :)

So I am just over 4 weeks postpartum. We had a baby girl on Dec 21st at 33+4 weeks. She had some health issues that kept her lungs from developing properly and she passed away 30 minutes after she was born. We are extremely devastated. We love her so much and she is absolutely beautiful.
We plan on trying to have another baby once my body is ready but here is the thing, we had sex around 2 weeks pp. I know that is stupid to many but we did, so anyways, about a week or so later (I had already stopped bleeding for quite a few days) I started to get that achey feeling before a period comes. I had seen my midwife week before and she said since I'm not breastfeeding I should expect my period sooner so basically anytime. So when I got the achiness I assumed my period was about to start. I had very light spotting off and on for 2 days and then it stopped and I haven't felt or seen anything since. At first I didn't think much about it but now I'm wondering if it was implantation bleeding?! I know that sounds kind of nuts but I can't shake the feeling that that's what it was. That was last Wednesday and I know everyone is going to tell me to take a pregnancy test and I did a couple days ago and it was negative but it could have just been too soon. I just wanted to see if anyone had anything similar after giving birth. Veda (our daughter) was our first so I'm not sure exactly what to expect after giving birth, but I've never had "cramping" or spotting like that before. I didn't know when I implanted when I got pregnant with her either. Thanks for any advice/feedback. Please be nice :)
Also I'm going to see my midwife tomorrow so I will probably bring it up. I'm just nervous to talk to anyone I know becaus this has been a very emotional time for us and our family so I don't want to make anything a big deal quite yet.

Re: Would love some opinions please :)

• Honestly, in the nicest way possible there is no way for us to know what your body is up to.  Especially after giving birth as I have never made it that far yet.  I know, you know that I'm going to tell you to keep testing once a week until AF shows up, and that it could be implantation bleeding or it could be your body trying to regulate itself again.  Women's bodies are horribly beautiful things.  I am so sorry for your loss and can only imagine the heartache you are going through.  I wish you the absolute best of luck for the future and definitely keep us updated on what your midwife says.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Thank you for your response and I know that it is very far fetched. I don't really think that I am pregnant but I haven't really found any stories of other women with similar experiences, but I have found some women say they got pregnant ridiculously quick after having a baby. I just don't want to assume that I'm not either.
    I was hoping someone else may be able to say "oh that happened to me after giving birth too!" So I know that it does happen :)
  • Loading the player...

• My sweet baby girl
  • *Lurker* I'm very sorry for your loss @Kbalas1018, no advice but i wish you the best moving forward....your daughter Veda is beautiful.
  • I'm so very, very sorry for your loss. If I were in your position, I would assume I'm not pregnant until a bfp says I am. It seems unlikely, and setting yourself up for disappointment so soon after your loss can only make things harder. My heart goes out to you and I hope you find comfort during this difficult time.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thank you ladies. Of course if I was pregnant already I would look at it as another miracle but I'm not expecting to be or "hoping" to be this soon as I know my body needs more time to heal and emotionally I'm not in the best place either.
    I have panicked a little bit at the thought of being pregnant so soon but I would accept it to be a blessing as well. I just wasn't sure what to think because what happened sounds exactly like implantation and my midwife had told me to expect my first period to be heavy. I know everyone's bodies are different and I need to just give it some time. I appreciate you all.
  • So I am just over 4 weeks postpartum. We had a baby girl on Dec 21st at 33+4 weeks. She had some health issues that kept her lungs from developing properly and she passed away 30 minutes after she was born. We are extremely devastated. We love her so much and she is absolutely beautiful.
    We plan on trying to have another baby once my body is ready but here is the thing, we had sex around 2 weeks pp. I know that is stupid to many but we did, so anyways, about a week or so later (I had already stopped bleeding for quite a few days) I started to get that achey feeling before a period comes. I had seen my midwife week before and she said since I'm not breastfeeding I should expect my period sooner so basically anytime. So when I got the achiness I assumed my period was about to start. I had very light spotting off and on for 2 days and then it stopped and I haven't felt or seen anything since. At first I didn't think much about it but now I'm wondering if it was implantation bleeding?! I know that sounds kind of nuts but I can't shake the feeling that that's what it was. That was last Wednesday and I know everyone is going to tell me to take a pregnancy test and I did a couple days ago and it was negative but it could have just been too soon. I just wanted to see if anyone had anything similar after giving birth. Veda (our daughter) was our first so I'm not sure exactly what to expect after giving birth, but I've never had "cramping" or spotting like that before. I didn't know when I implanted when I got pregnant with her either. Thanks for any advice/feedback. Please be nice :)
    Also I'm going to see my midwife tomorrow so I will probably bring it up. I'm just nervous to talk to anyone I know becaus this has been a very emotional time for us and our family so I don't want to make anything a big deal quite yet.

1st off... I am so so sorry about beautiful Veda.
    2nd... ya know... nothing in the world can be deemed wrong from an emotional aspect with you haVing sex at 2 wpp... I mean... there's no greater closeness sometimes
    3rd... after a major experience like that... there is no normal for your body. I'd definitely bring it up at your appointment and know that what's supposed to happen .... will (even with as cheesy as that sounds)
  • Thank you so much @MamaRoni. I miss her with everything in me and there are times I don't even know what to do with myself.

What you said about my husband and I is very true. It wasn't planned but it was needed.

I'm interested to see what my midwife says. I'm sure she'll say it's normal even if it doesn't happen to everyone, it could be normal for me.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss! Your daughter is truly beautiful <3

A pp-body is very hard to read and only time will show for sure. You can have pp-bleeding on and off for a while too. It'll be very interesting to hear what your midwife says. Wish you all the best.
  • I've never delivered a baby, but a month after the d&e with my first loss, instead of a normal period, I had very light bleeding -- more like spotting -- for 2 or 3 days. A month after that I had a normal period.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I can't imagine the pain you are in and I am so sorry for your loss.  I think anything you do or feel during this time is completely reasonable to get you through the day. 

My son was born early at 34 weeks and I had bleeding after the birth, spotting, random spotting and no regular periods for a few months.  I also wasn't able to breast feed, so my cycles returned more quickly than those who are able but it took a few months.  After my d&c last fall, I had a similar experience to yours where I thought my period came back two weeks later, just light and later realized it had just been random spotting from hormones going crazy.  Things were erratic for about four months before I returned to a regular cycle. 

• Thank you all very much for your responses and your kind words.
    I saw my midwife and she too said it is probably my hormones and my body trying to regulate again :)
  • I am so sorry for your loss. I stopped bleeding within a week to week and a half pp, but spot off and on over the next month. Don't feel guilty about sex 2 weeks pp. Sometimes it is the easiest way to connect with your spouse, without necessarily having to talk.