July 2015 Moms

Stay at home mom

So after i had my son i went back to work for two months until we decided i should stay home because baby wasnt sleeping all night and my mil was watching my son and we had so many issues with her doing that so i quit. Yesterday ny husband suggested i go back to work once winter is over and that his 15 year old sister can watch him when shes on vacation for school. First of all his sister has never watched him. She is always on her phone when she comes over and doesnt even pay attention to him. When i told my husband no he got mad saying i have something against his family like wth? What is a 15 yr old going to know about watching a baby??????? Ugh.

Re: Stay at home mom

• Firstly, nope. Sounds like a bad idea, I def would not let a 15 year old watch LO. Maybe if you were in the next room working from home and could check on them every half hour...maybe.

He wants you to go to work and the 15 yo can watch the baby while she's on break...what are you supposed to do for childcare when she's not on break? And when I was 15, if I was on break, I would not have been eager to be babysitting all day.

Tell your husband you have nothing against his family, it's his terrible ideas for childcare that bother you ;)
  • Thats exactly what i said.. Hes just cheap and wants to save money for two months then think of someone to watch baby but i honestly am not going to let her watch him.
  • Loading the player...
  • A definete no-no!! If you had issues with your MIL, someone who is supposed to have more esperience, then we might have issues with a 15 year old. If he wants you to work so bad, he should have a better idea for childcare because your son is worth it and because you need peace of mind when working. I have only left my son with my parents when I have to.if you really have to work You could look into at home jobs. I know there's a lot for stay at home moms and that way you can stay with your baby boy. At the end of the day you know your baby boy better than anyone and maybe once he grows and turns 1 you'll be able to go back to work. At least that's what I'm planning on! And tell your husband is nothing against his family, but most 15 year olds do not know about responsibility yet and like previous post said, it's his terrible ideas lol good luck mama and please keep us updated!!
  • Absolutely no! Sounds like a bad idea. 15 year olds are not the most responsible humans....I wouldn't even be able to work bc I'd be so nervous. Also, why didn't he think of this before you quit your job? Not after...hey nevermind I think you should work again....no sir! It's nothing against family, it's that she's 15. I would consider work at home if you have to. For example I sell Nerium so I can have money
  • I am not against young babysitters since I was one and my sister in law was a only parent and my father in law and husband has always helped out with taking care of him. My husband changed diapers, babysat, fed him and took care of him when he was 16. BUT if your sister in law does show an interest or you feel that she is incapable of taking care of your child then no, she shoudnt be taking care of your child. Do you have to go back to work? Maybe that is also causing a strain and why your husband might be getting frustrated. Good luck mama :D
  • Well we live with my mom so its not like he pays all the bills its all in half he makes good money. I dont ask for anything for myself. But i do want to work just the thought of leaving him makes me not want too
  • I don't get it. Won't his sister be in school once winter is over as well? Who will watch LO when she's not on vacation? Not to mention, I think she's much too young to ask her to watch him full time. Ask your husband if he would hire a 15 year old to be LO's nanny. I doubt it, so why would it be a good idea to have his sister do it?
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wouldn't that piss off the MIL? I know if I told my MIL she couldn't babysit anymore and then let my young SIL do it she would be furious! So you could go with that. Also, it would look really bad in most professions to go back and forth, quit, come back, quit, come back.