June 2015 Moms

Florida moms

Hi all,
We are heading to Florida (St Petersburg/Clearwater area) this Sunday for one week. Any moms from this area or nearby who can comment on what your lo is wearing these days? I see the weather is 15-23 degrees Celsius but living in Ontario where we've had snow and freezing temperatures for the last couple of months, I can't remember what that temp range feels like, haha. Should I pack shorts for my little guy, or pants? Will short sleeves be ok? Or more likely still long sleeves, sweaters?
Also looking for any recommendations on things to do in the area

Re: Florida moms

• edited January 2016
    I don't live in Florida but I've traveled there often. I think you're going to want layers: short sleeves, a sweatshirt, pants, and socks, plus a light blanket if you're outside early or late. I don't think you'll need shorts. In my experience at those temps floridians and their babies will be bundled up.
  • We travel to the clearwater area once or twice every year... I just checked the temps, and it looks like it will be a little chilly.  I agree with @ChardeeMacDennis layers will be key!
    We haven't been with the baby yet, but will be making a trip down to ft. myers beach in March.  
    In clearwater they have a chain of restaurants called "frenchy's".  I highly recommend the cajun grouper sandwich! Everytime we go i think we eat at these places at least once a day, sometimes more.  
    There are a bunch of chartered boats/boat tours that you could take, not sure how LO would enjoy it... but that's always one of my favorite things to do. Be sure to check online for deals before you book in person, usually you can get some sort of discount.  Enjoy your trip! Hopefully you will get plenty of sunshine, and it will end up being warmer than the forecast shows right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for your reply! We will keep an eye out for the frenchys restaurant and maybe even have the Cajun sandwich for you! ;) Thanks again!
  • Hello. I'm in florida and Sylvester has been wearing pants, long sleeve onesies, socks and a jacket. It's been very cold here recently.
  • Davila21 said:

Hello. I'm in florida and Sylvester has been wearing pants, long sleeve onesies, socks and a jacket. It's been very cold here recently.

Thank you for your help