Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Still no AF 9 weeks after ERPC (less invasive D&C) .. bled during sex last night. Any ideas?

Hi ladies,

I'm new here and looked around for a bit to see if I could find any answers to my situation, but nothing came up. I was diagnosed with a mmc in October, tried to pass it naturally - then with meds. Neither were successful so I had an ERPC (this is a less invasive D&C - minimal suctioning done in office) mid November. 4 weeks later I had a follow up with an OB and he said my uterus was back to normal (no u/s, just manual exam) but asked that we wait for 2 cycles before TTC again. It's also worth noting that I conceived right after having my Mirena IUD removed and my OB believes that the m/c was due to a thin lining (never had my period while on the Mirena.)

Anyways, here I am basically 9 weeks later and am still waiting on my 1st AF. I didn't receive a negative FRER HPT until 1/4. Starting on this past Thursday, I had some very, very light and very, very minimal light brown discharge. This lasted through yesterday. DH and I DTD last night and I bled during intercourse (it wasn't a lot -- it didn't get on the sheets but there was definitely fresh blood.) Has this happened to anyone? I thought maybe AF was showing her face, but today there is no blood and no light brown discharge. I put a call into my OB but have heard nothing back (I assume bc of MLK Day.) Has anything like this happened to anyone else?? Wish I knew what the heck is going on with my body!

Re: Still no AF 9 weeks after ERPC (less invasive D&C) .. bled during sex last night. Any ideas?

• Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this.  I too have thin lining issues.  I was on birth control for 12 years which i think could be the cause.  And unfortunately have had 4 miscarriages.  I am now seeing an RE and she won't say for sure that it was the birth control that caused the thin lining but does believe my m/c could be due to my thin lining. I never had your specific situation but for me it usually took 6-8 weeks for my period to return and it was usually pretty light.  Best of luck to you!

Me:34 DH:33

TTC since 2013

Unexplained infertility

• Options
    Thanks for the reply. My OB had said it is common to receive your period 4-6 weeks post procedure, but can be longer. What really threw me off was the bleeding during intercourse last night. Hoping you get your rainbow baby soon <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry, how are you holding up?