Pregnant after a Loss

Successful pregnancy after 2 chemical pregnancies??

Hi All,
I'm currently going through my second chemical pregnancy in 3 months. We are completely devastated. My first was last October and I was exactly 5w. This time it happened at 4w6d. I was so hopeful after the first because they say they are so common. But now I'm really scared that it will keep happenig. Has anybody had successful pregnancies after more than one chemical?

Re: Successful pregnancy after 2 chemical pregnancies??

• My first BFP ended up being a chemical pregnancy. My second was a missed mc at 12 weeks (baby stopped growing at 8ish weeks). I had a d&c after that and then a month later was pregnant with my rainbow baby. When he was 9 months I got pregnant with my second son. We decided to try for this one when he was 2 1/2. I had a mc at 6 weeks that took forever and am now pregnant (17 weeks) with my fingers crossed. So I did have two losses in a row but they weren't both chemical. What does your doctor say? Mine doesn't get concerned until 3 losses but I know that can be very frustrating. Hang in there, I know it's hard.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had two losses in a row as well. A MMC and a chemical. After my MMC, my dr said if I had another one, he would do testing. When I had the chemical, he said there was no need for testing because they are very common so it doesn't indicate that I might have a problem. He said if I had another loss like my first, that would warrant testing. If you have a third miscarriage (of any kind), you might want to talk to your obgyn about testing or see an RE. But for now, I'd say you were probably just unlucky. I'm on my third pregnancy and things are going well. Good luck to you!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I also had 2 mc in a row. My ob offered to do testing after the 2nd , but I ended up getting pregnant on the second cycle post mc and gave birth in nNovember. You could start talking to a RE to get some very general testing to start, and so when you get pregnant again they can follow they can get you in quickly.
  • Thank you all so much for replying. It gives me hope and reassurance. So sorry for all your losses.
    @rkrichey aftet my first loss, my doctor said we'll do some testing if it happens again. I have an appointment with a gyno on Wednesday. Good luck with your pregnancy xx
    @CarrieandRoy I guess I'm now a little worried because I've read so many posts about recurrent chemical pregnancies and that some women go through more than 5 without really knowing what's wrong. It gives me hope that your pregnancy has stuck third time around.. lots of luck.
    @GoogleMD thank you, Ill ask my gyno for tests. At least the basics so we can rule some of it out. In the mean time I hope I get pregnant and it sticks.
    Wish you all luck xx
  • There was a "third time is the charm" thread on here a while back. A lot of ladies commented that they've had success after two losses. I hope you do, too. And my husband's friend just had his second child and they had what he called "a couple of false starts" before the two kids.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Thanks @CarrieandRoy.. I really do hope you're right :smile: