1st Trimester
Options

6 weeks pg - cramps then sudden loss of symptoms. Miscarriage?

This is my first pregnancy and I could use some advice! I'm currently 6w 3d. I've had mostly constant mild pelvic cramps, cravings -hungry constantly (eating seems to calm my nausea), sore nipples/ large BBs, moody, frequent peeing, tire easy while doing housework, and bouts of extreme tiredness.  However, on my 6w 1d, I had painful pelvic cramps and back cramps that lasted for about an hour - I'd say similar to period pains.  The day after that pain, my symptoms have subsided.  No more mild cramps, less peeing, and less tired.  The mild cramps gave me comfort that I was pregnant, but not anymore.  

Could this be a sign of a miscarriage? Should I be concerned??  My first ultrasound is not until 8 weeks.  

Other info: 5'5" 130 lbs. Age 27. Hcg at 5w2d was 6930

Thank you!
Amy

Answers

• Options
    Symptoms come and go. If you didn't bleed, you *probably* didn't miscarry. Try not to borrow trouble.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• Options
    like PP said, symptoms come & go. the loss of symptoms does not indicate a miscarriage. i found out i was pregnant at 6.5 weeks. i had period like cramping quite a few times, but when no period ever came, i took a test & got a positive. a lot of women complain of period like cramping in the early weeks of pregnancy. spotting is also quite common.

if you're having very painful cramping that is accompanied by red blood &/or blood clots, get checked out asap.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am not sure what a large BB is?

Not to freak you out too much, but how intense were the cramps? This is sort of what happened when I had an ectopic. Some pretty serious cramping, but short-lived. I started lightly spotting the next day. With an ectopic, you often have shoulder pain with the cramping and it tends to be very localized. And pretty severe.

I would say keep an eye on your pain and if you start bleeding, you should call your doctor. More than likely, it is not ectopic (they are rare), but it won't hurt to pay attention.
  • Options
    Sorry my tablet thought bbs was the same thing as boobs! No blood at any point during my pregnancy. Cramps were mostly the achey need to lay down and relax period type cramps. I'm hoping not an ectopic !

Thank you all for responding! I'm feeling a bit less worried.
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing @Knottie1428846460 it's hard not to assume that something is wrong and I'm having a hard time staying off google. I haven't had ANY nausea and all of my symptoms have disappeared besides exhaustion. I have a phone appt with my nurse tmrw so I'm going to mention all that has been going on. Keep updated here and I'll let you know what's going on with me. I know everyone says symtoms come and go but I can't stop thinking that something still could be wrong. It's hard when everything is so unfamiliar.

And change your username ;)
  • Options
    Symptoms can come and go but I would also be concerned with a complete loss of symptoms at 6w. I would call your doctor and explain to him/her that you are worried. A beta draw could be ordered.
  • Options
    Symptoms really mean nothing for the health of any pregnancy. Stay hydrated & try not to read too much into it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited January 2016
    I had zero symptoms my entire first trimester (other than feeling tired, which wasn't unusual) and, quite honestly, only found out I was pregnant at 12 weeks.  
    So having/not having symptoms is not an indicator of a loss of pregnancy.

It is, however, perfectly natural to have 'scares', especially in the first trimester, of a loss.  And, with that being said, anything can happen unfortunately.  You didn't mention any loss of blood, and as I understand it, a loss is often accompanied by bleeding (not always, but typically).

The only way to truly know is to see your Doctor.  I'd try calling them and explain what you felt and they should be able to offer you advice or suggestions.  Good luck.
  • Options
    I would maybe give your doctor a call. I just had a miscarriage at 5 1/2 weeks and my symptoms stopped and then a few days later I started to have cramps and bleed. I wish you the best of luck!! I think it could go either way at this point. Sometimes symptoms do just stop for no reason. *sigh* isn't this all confusing?! It could be good or bad. Sending you hugs!
  • Options
    I'm sorry @Dutchie28.  Big hugs to you.
    TTC for Baby #1 for 3 years. After 2 failed IUI's & IVFs, God blessed us with our miracle :).  FET 12/17/15 (transferred 2 embryos at 5days). First Beta 12/29/15 = 354. Second Beta 12/31/15 = 694. Third Beta 1/7/16 = 6,695.  Finally heard his heartbeat (126)  on 1/14/16 @ our 1st US.  2nd US on 1/21/16, HR was 159.  The most beautiful sound ever :)