December 2015 Moms

SOOOOO HUNGRY!

Oh my gosh, I'm so hungry all the time!! Like, during all the times that pregnant women are supposed to be super hungry, I never really was. Now that I'm pumping every 2 hrs and taking care of baby and a dog all by myself most of the time (while DH is at work - 10+hr shifts) I can't get enough to eat. But I don't have time most of the time. We went out to eat twice this weekend and I didn't have leftovers both times! Usually I bring back half the meal! I read that making milk burns an extra 500 calories each day, and pregnancy is just 300/day.... Guess that's why!

Anyone else starving all the time? Lol!

Re: SOOOOO HUNGRY!

• Same here! I feel like a bottomless pit because I'll finish shoving my face and ten minutes later be scouring for more food! I took advantage of being able to claim I was more hungry when pregnant, but it's real now! The other day I snuck a bowl of cereal while feeding baby and my husband was in the shower, then he made me lunch and I shamelessly polished off every last bite. Hmm, as long as the weight keeps coming off I'm not complaining. :)
  • The first two weeks or so I was eating constantly. It slowly tapered off and now I actually have a smaller appetite than normal. Have to remind myself to eat!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am always hungry. I ate two dinners tonight, separate not seconds, and could probably do a third right now. Or a snack.
  • mhuber223 said:
    I'm also really thirsty! I carry around the big cup they gave me in the hospital
    You can get hydration packs on amazon for REALLY cheap - i say i bought a camelbak but i actually bought a knockoff because, well, i'm breastfeeding in a rocking chair, not climbing everest. I think I got mine for $20. And it was really worth it. I still have to  support my boob when i nurse Olive and it's easier to just jam the straw into my mouth than to try to reach, Cirque du Soliel style, for a bottle of water somewhere. 
  • Yep. Hangrrrryyy especially around midnight or 1am. I am literally in the kitchen getting my third dinner along with DDs fifth dinner lol!
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Super thirsty here as well. I lost my appetite after my (unplanned) c section. I think I'm mentally scarred from my L&D experience. I also can't have dairy while BFing, so that decreased my appetite more. But I can't get enough ice water. I didn't even really like water with ice before!

• mhuber223 said:

I'm also really thirsty! I carry around the big cup they gave me in the hospital

You can get hydration packs on amazon for REALLY cheap - i say i bought a camelbak but i actually bought a knockoff because, well, i'm breastfeeding in a rocking chair, not climbing everest. I think I got mine for $20. And it was really worth it. I still have to  support my boob when i nurse Olive and it's easier to just jam the straw into my mouth than to try to reach, Cirque du Soliel style, for a bottle of water somewhere. 

That's brilliant; I'm going to try a hydration pack. I have one for hiking, and it hasn't been used much since I got pregnant, so I'll drag that out

@Court11152325 Yes with the ice water. Cold water is amazing right now.
  • Lol yes yes yes. Starved, never very hungry in pregnancy. I stand and eat in the kitchen after nursing, shocked by my hunger and thirst.
  • I was starving the first 2 weeks when DH was home over Christmas. Now that I'm home alone I'm not sure what I am--other than busy and out of hands.

This week I bought some healthy microwave meals because last week I had a hard time making/eating lunch. Today I had a vegetarian enchilada that required microwaving at 50% power and a knife..."ain't nobody got time for that!" Lunch needs to be one handed and not require reprogramming the microwave!

I like the idea of hands free hydration, I'm always thirsty as soon as my water is out of reach.
  • @groovylocks cracking up. I literally joked with my husband about this tonight. I may have to pull the trigger
  • I'm hungry all the time, a bottomless pit... But I'm not BFing anymore so WTF?!? I think it's my body making up for my lack of appetite/smaller stomach at the end of pregnancy.
  • I'm always hungry too! I was just telling dh this the other day. I'm also airways very thirsty. The hunger freaks me out a little since I'm stuck between nursing and wanting to lose weight. I know nursing will help me lose weight but I also no the pounds will come back immediately when I stop nursing if I'm not eating right.
  • As soon as LO is on the boob, I'm instantly extremely thirsty. I thought it was really weird, but then I read somewhere that thirst can be a sign of let-down. As far as hunger- I'm fine during the day- maybe even less hungry than normal. During that 2am feeding though, I'm starving. I now keep a box of granola bars on my nightstand so I can eat one while nursing in the middle of the night.
  • It's a constant battle between wanting to eat and wanting to sleep.