July 2016 Moms

RH Negative - any other moms finding this out?

I had never heard of it until my health portal app sent me a notification that a condition had been updated on my health record after my blood work. After a frantic phone call and research I feel better. I guess my dr will discuss it more with my husband and I next apt.

Re: RH Negative - any other moms finding this out?

• We found out with our first I was and I've needed rhogam each pregnancy. It's no biggie and something your dr will discuss with you. Just requires a shot during pregnancy and one after birth.
  • I am. Found out with DD. I got a shot at about 20 weeks and then one after birth. No biggie unless you start bleeding. Then contact your doc immediately.

I think there was a thread about this.......
  • Loading the player...
  • There was a recent thread about this if you search for it.
    Being Rh negative is common, and as long as you get the shots when needed you will protect future pregnancies.
  • Not a big deal. You get two shots, and if you bleed, a shot after each occurrence.
  • Yeah same here same here. I feel fine about it, though. Just remember RhoGam! I don't know if your doctors told you this, but mine told me if I ever bleed .. Even a little from sex I need to go get myself a shot.
  • It's just a factor in your blood type. And it only really matters during pregnancy if the father is positive and you are negative. Or if your don't know the fathers blood type. I'm O- and my hubby is O+ so I get the shots each pregnancy.