October 2015 Moms

Kidney issues

bhibbittsbhibbitts member
edited January 2016 in October 2015 Moms
I know a few months ago there was a post about babies who's kidneys were big. My sons right kidney has always been big since I was pregnant with him and the doctor said that it's pretty normal in boys and usually fixes itself after they are born. Well it didn't and now both of his kidneys are big, so on the 21st he has a renal scan to see why his kidneys aren't releasing all the urine. They said more then like he will have surgery.. There is either a blockage in his ureter and they will cut it out or his right kidney may not be working at all so they said it might be removed. I pray they don't remove it and it's just a blockage, I really don't want him to have surgery, but I know he has to get something done.

Re: Kidney issues

• Lots of love and prayers
  • So sorry, thinking of you and your little guy!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Take one step at a time mama! Focus first on the scan, and then take it all as it comes. Way easier said than done, but we're all thinking of you and your babe!
  • Be strong mama! Big hugs!!!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• Thanks y'all, I'm not looking forward to this scan, they put an IV in and dye. He will not be happy about the IV ☹️
  • bhibbitts said:

Thanks y'all, I'm not looking forward to this scan, they put an IV in and dye. He will not be happy about the IV ☹️

We took LO into the ER for a fever back when she was two weeks, so of course they needed to cath her for a urine sample. I sobbed my eyes out. It's SO hard to see our babes go through anything that causes pain :(
  • Yes it's hard, he has been Cathed twice and the look on his face is so sad!
  • My son had 2 renograms as an infant and handled them okay. He did cry for a while but they swaddle them and strap them down and eventually he stopped (they're about an hour each time). He's 6 now and outgrew his issue by about 2.5 years old. Hasn't had any problems since! Good luck, mama, much harder on you than him!