June 2016 Moms
Options

Registry(s)

How many registries do you think are too many?  I have started one at Babyli.st but I don't want only 1 online registry link because I think some people don't always shop online for items.  I also don't want to register at like 5 or 6 different places because I feel that looks tacky.  Thoughts??
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Registry(s)

• Options
    From what I've noticed from friends is they do 2-3 registries. Typically Amazon, Buy Buy Baby/BRU, and Target is what I've seen. That way, there's a mix of online and brick and mortar shopping options, and from stores that are pretty prevalent.
  • Options
    Would it be okay to do everything on Babyli.st and then make a couple other registries for the same items at the brick and mortar stores?
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    BlueJuiceBlueJuice member
    edited January 2016
    I hate that there isn't a way to make a master registry that incorporates together registries from different stores. This is 2016, we are living in the future!

*edit becauuuuuse....... it is 2016 now.*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BlueJuice said:

I hate that there isn't a way to make a master registry that incorporates together registries from different stores. This is 2016, we are living in the future!

*edit becauuuuuse....... it is 2016 now.*
    Not familiar totally, but isn't this what Babyli.st does, @Love4Labs326? Your wish is granted @BlueJuice!!
  • Options

Would it be okay to do everything on Babyli.st and then make a couple other registries for the same items at the brick and mortar stores?

The only potential issue I see with this is that you might wind up with duplicates. Although, do you know if Babyli.st creates registries at each store you pick as you build your master list, such that the store registry is updated in addition to the master Babyli.st as items are purchased?
  • Options
    2-3 is good.

My sil used baby list and it was kind of confusing for guests, probably because it's a newer concept.
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Agree with @Huskerfanz . My friend did a babylist and it was super confusing for guests and they just didn't buy off her registry at all.

I would stick with BRU/BBB & Target.
  • Options

That's what my plan is! I love how baby list puts everything in one place, and I'm creating other registries for the completion discounts. Alternatively, you can make registries at other places and just have links to them on baby list.
  • Options
    myregistry.com also i believe incorporates many lists.  and I think you can allow people to manually check an item off if they buy it instead of actually having to buy it from the place you listed.  probably results in some confusion and duplicates but might be a good option.  I'm hoping for a lot of hand me downs so this may allow for that as if someone has something similar to what I am asking for they can just check it as "purchased"
  • Options
    FTM, so I hope my plan works out ok. We are doing myregistry.com and syncing our amazon, BBB, and Target registries through it. That way we can add a few odds and ends from other sites, offer Amazon, and a few brick and mortar stores.
  • Options
    FTM so I don't know 100% what we're doing yet, but I'm thinking Target and Amazon. That way people who prefer online shopping, can and those who don't can do Target. We'll just have to make sure not to double up items so we'll see.
  • Options
    I did three. One at target, toys r us, and a local boutique. We did get a few duplicates but we returned them for store credit and bought things like diapers. I mostly did both target and TRU so I could get the coupons, gifts, and completion discounts.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a second time mom but I registered at 2 places with DS. I agree with everyone you should register at least one store that is very common found in most towns. I picked target because a lot of my family didn't have babies r us close by.
  • Options
    The only caveat with double registries is to check what you're putting on/receiving. Don't double everything or you will get two swings, two mobiles, and maybe none of something else you really need. I would spread things around or try to keep tabs on what's been bought so you could delete it from other areas.

I am starting an Amazon one (my main one, and all my friends my age will use it) and one at Babies R Us because it's most convenient to the people who will want to shop in person. I love Buy Buy Baby and it's close to me, but there isn't one two hours away where my mom and her friends live.

I have heard a lot about Target having a tricky return policy and registry glitches so I'm planning on staying away from there, even though it's the best thing ever.
  • Options
    I've started 3: Target, Amazon, and BRU. That being said, this is our third baby, so I'm really just utilizing all of those for the different completion discounts, not to give out to anyone.

• Options
    I just have the one at Babies RUS.  I like to keep things simple, but when going to other ppl's showers I'll maybe see two or three. Two is fine and it's easy for me to go back and forth but three gets annoying cause I'm trying to order off three pages and idk I get frustrated.
  • Options
    It might be a regional thing, but here its seriously expected that you have the majority of your registry at Buy Buy Baby or Babys R US. Pretty much no one buys off other unrelated online registries even if they are offered, and even if they order from BBB/BRU online. Its odd cause im into a lot of odd stuff they dont have on those but im basically just buying all the odd stuff myself cause i know i wont get it for my shower.
  • Options
    I'm most likely going to be having 3 separate showers.  My friend is holding one, my sisters/mother and then my MIL.  For sure 2 at a minimum because people are insisting.  I think I'm just going to do Baby List, BRU and either Target or BBB.  I'll probably end up with registries everywhere just for the completion discount but only share the three.  I'll make sure not to duplicate items to try to simplify it.  Baby List does link to the individual stores but I'm not sure if the registries themselves are linked.  Good question to find out though.

• Options
    I'm most likely going to be having 3 separate showers.  My friend is holding one, my sisters/mother and then my MIL.  For sure 2 at a minimum because people are insisting.  I think I'm just going to do Baby List, BRU and either Target or BBB.  I'll probably end up with registries everywhere just for the completion discount but only share the three.  I'll make sure not to duplicate items to try to simplify it.  Baby List does link to the individual stores but I'm not sure if the registries themselves are linked.  Good question to find out though.
    They are.  There is a logo at the top that links directly to the registry.  I have been using that instead of babylists list. 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Amazon Registries have what they call a universal registry, where, if by some chance in this universe the thing you want to register for is somehow NOT on Amazon (???) you can add it from another site to your Amazon registry. they also have a great completion discount. I haven't done any registering yet I've been looking around and like Amazon, but know most of my network default-shop at Buy Buy Baby.
    https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/homepage