Nurseries and Baby Gear

Car seat in airport

We're using our convertible car seat on the plane. How do you get yours to the gate? It's a really heavy seat.

Re: Car seat in airport

• There are little carts you can get to strap your carseat onto, it turns it into a stroller. Then your kid can actually sit in it while you are going through the airport, and it folds flat, so you can store it in the overhead compartments. Just google "car seat travel cart" and different brands and prices will pop up!
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • swflJDswflJD member
    edited January 2016
    I have this car seat rolling travel bag on my registry and plan to buy it before LO gets here. My sister has a similar one, and it works well when they travel. With this, you don't have to lug the seat through the airport by hand, and it keeps the seat clean when the baggage handlers toss it around.
    https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12074529&cp=&parentPage=search
  • The flat cart sounds better for us as we purchase plane seats for our kids. Safer!

Thanks for the ideas.