High-Risk Pregnancy

MD refused to write light duty note

I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with twins, type 1 diabetic, advanced maternal age and a history of complications with first pregnancy. My perinatologist refused to write me a light duty note stating "you can do your job just fine, reduce your hours." I have a high stress job with swelling in my lower extremities and significant back pain. I do not want to reduce my hours. Has anyone experience such a thing? Any advice is appreciated

Re: MD refused to write light duty note

• That is this doctor opinion, get another one.
    Frankly at 14 weeks pregnancy should not effect you to the point to justify a light duty note. Your leg swelling and back pain are not pregnancy related. I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but it is what it is
  • How is your blood pressure?  Your HbA1C?  Have you tried compression/support hose for the swelling?  Can you put your feet up at work to help reduce the swelling?  Have you tried heat or acetaminophen for the back pain?

• Loading the player...
  • I hope you find a solution that works for you.  I just wanted to remind you to listen to your body!  Twin pregnancies are rough - and I didn't have any other complications besides twin gestation.  I wish that I would have listened to my body more.  Good Luck!  Twins are a wonderful blessing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!