Baby Names
Options

Name Confession

I have a long night with my newborn ahead so let's hear some name confessions!!

Are there any trendy/crazy/you-neek/side eye worthy names you actually like/love?

For me I actually read on a blog a woman named her son Behr (pronounced bear)... Call me crazy but I think it's kind of cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name Confession

• Options
    ........kinda. yes.

That said, I use guilty pleasure names on characters. I'm totally using Everly as a spoiled merchants daughter in a future arc, and one of my main characters is named Embry.

I've got a soft spot for Addison on a girl as well, but if/when it gets used in my story it will be on a dude.
  • Options
    I like Everley too but it's just an played version of Beverly & I can't get over that!

Behr like the paint. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the spelling of Natalee, even though I would never use it on my own child. :)
  • Options
    I still like Harper.
  • Options
    Rebel, for a girl.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maddox

It's so bad but I like it in a GP kind of way. It's on a future possible pet list

• Options
    Yuri. 

Yuri Gagarin was one of my heroes growing up. It's such a beautiful name, and as an adult it would work in all the languages my family speaks.

But. That hypothetical child will me nicknamed "urine" in the playground, isn't he? Then there's the matter of the girly anime style... It's all very unfortunate. 
    TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)     
  • Options
    Well we're going with Harper I think. I'm sure we will get some side eye. Oh well.

I've mentioned before I like Lark. Very GP but something about it is really pretty to me.

As for weird spellings I'm one of those that actually like Ashleigh.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Everly, and we used it! IRL we get no side eye except from MIL but she's a negative old bat so she wouldn't have liked any name we picked. She actually thought if the baby came on her birthday we would let her name it, bwhahahaha! Nope.

I'm sure we get baby name board side eye from the puritans. 
  • Options

Everly, and we used it! IRL we get no side eye except from MIL but she's a negative old bat so she wouldn't have liked any name we picked. She actually thought if the baby came on her birthday we would let her name it, bwhahahaha! Nope.

I'm sure we get baby name board side eye from the puritans. 

Well, as a rule we don't comment on posters named children, so no one will make further comments on that name in this post.
  • Options
    My GP name is gypsy. I think it's adorable.
  • Options
    I still love Dax.
  • Options
    On the Behr comment, not sure I love that spelling but my son goes to school with a little boy named Barett and he goes by Bear and I think it's pretty cool.
  • Options
    DH and i have just started ttc, so we are tip-toeing around the name discussion for now. However, I've learned that we have very different tastes, haha. I love Esme (becoming popular) and Cordelia... DH asked if those were even real names! He likes more traditional names but the other day he said (1/2 kidding) wouldnt Falcon make a great name? We would never.... but maybe Falcon could be the new Bear, or Behr!
  • Options
    My name confessions are pretty lame.

Laura and Leia, (yes Leia as in Star Wars.)

However neither one sound good with my last name and Laura sounds too close to my SO's ex name for me to feel comfortable using it.
  • Options
    Guilty pleasure girl names: paisley, Cheyenne, Ireland.

Guilty pleasure boys names: Odin, Dexter(makes me think of a serial killer).
  • Options

Yuri. 

Yuri Gagarin was one of my heroes growing up. It's such a beautiful name, and as an adult it would work in all the languages my family speaks.

But. That hypothetical child will me nicknamed "urine" in the playground, isn't he? Then there's the matter of the girly anime style... It's all very unfortunate. 

My brother in law dated a girl when he lived in Switzerland who's name was Regula. The typical manner of giving nicknames is to pull from the ending...so her nickname was pronounced Goo-la. Eek.