1st Trimester

intro - need support - *TW*

Hi ladies. I wasn't going to intro but, I decided I could use the support. I'm roughly 12dpo and the tests are positive but, are so so faint I'm not optimistic. I've had a CP before so, I have feeling that is what I'm dealing with here. I'm not even sure I belong here. Unfortunately the bump doesn't have a board for "pregnant now miscarriage likely" so, will you have me while I'm in limbo?

Re: intro - need support - *TW*

• as far as i know, a positive is a positive, no matter how faint the line is. so for now, I'm going to say congratulations! hopefully it's not another CP you're dealing with.
  • Thank you. I'm going to take another test Monday and call the dr. Until then, I'm going to back away from the tests.

Sorry for such a downer intro, I'm just a.) In shock and b.) clouded by the past I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 FWIW I found out 8dpo that I was pregnant, a week before AF was due and so far it's stuck. I'm now 6 weeks, and when I first tested the lines were both pretty light but they did get darker eventually. FX, hope this isn't a CP for you.
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• My first test was so faint I almost threw it away. I'm now 5w3d. It did get darker after 3 mornings of taking tests. And it was 2 days before I was supposed to start AF. You're not out til you're out. Take every little bone that's thrown at you. I sure do!
  • Thank you. I need to hear this. I keep trying to remind myself that it is still very very early.
  • Fingers crossed for you!!! The September BMB would love to have you! Good luck!
  • My tests were super faint at 12DPO, like so faint that once the pee dried there was no line at all. By 14DPO I finally got a decently dark line and stopped testing then as I was going insane. Wait a few days and see what happens. best of luck!
  • I got my first positive at 10 dpo. I took a test daily and the line did get darker each day, but was still pretty faint until 14-15 dpo. I'm 8.5 weeks along now!
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited January 2016
    kyraaD said:
    as far as i know, a positive is a positive, no matter how faint the line is. so for now, I'm going to say congratulations! hopefully it's not another CP you're dealing with.
    Yes. The tests are faint due to crappy dye and not amount of hcg. They're not that sophisticated. Two lines = pregnant. Period. So congrats! 

If if you want further reassurance, always check the manufacturer's site as they have this info available too.
  • My first test at 8 dpo was extremly faint. I thought I was making the line up in my mind. I followed up with a digital test 3 days later. Seeing the word 'pregnant' convinced me. I'm 29 weeks now so I'm thinking you got your BFP! Congrats! H&H 9 months to you. (Also thanks for NOT posting a picture of your pee stick! Bonus points awarded to you.)

• I obsessed with the pregnancy tests and ovulation predictor kit tests! I even bought small disposable cups, monitored my temperature, etc. Finally i just had to stop, and i waited untill 25dpo to take a pregnancy test.
    But yeah if its positive its positive!
  • JLaVO888 said:

My first test at 8 dpo was extremly faint. I thought I was making the line up in my mind. I followed up with a digital test 3 days later. Seeing the word 'pregnant' convinced me. I'm 29 weeks now so I'm thinking you got your BFP! Congrats! H&H 9 months to you. (Also thanks for NOT posting a picture of your pee stick! Bonus points awarded to you.)

This. And it's kind of sad we have to say this because so many people don't read the TOU.
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• how is it going @iceandsnowflakes29
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jmknox said:
    how is it going @iceandsnowflakes29
    She has been gone for almost a week now, I think. CP :(
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker