July 2016 Moms

Vomiting & Diarrhea

Lchase04Lchase04 member
edited December 2015 in July 2016 Moms
I am 12w3d and last week suffered from a subchorionic hematoma which I was told was healed as of 12w1d. This pregnancy has been rough with m/s but I've only vomited briefly ~wks 6&8. Monday I had horrible random diarrhea. Yesterday I started vomiting violently and could barely eat all day, I just felt horrible and had a borderline fever 99.5. Today I have painful cramping diarrhea and feel like I could vomit at any second. Could this just be m/s continued, maybe getting worse?

I'm so nervous to have such horrible bowels bc that was what happened before my big bleed on Sunday... And I'm truthfully skeptical that my sch healed itself in 11 days. I've been drinking ginger ale. Just want to be sure this isnt alarming and something else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vomiting & Diarrhea

• What did your doctor say?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • I would call your nurses' line
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • are stomach bugs going around where you live? Sounds a bit like a stomach flu and not m/s. Make sure you're getting LOTS of fluids and for sure call your doc or nurses line
  • I may also be going out on a limb here, but if you struggle to keep fluids down for more than a few hours (12, 6, opinions from you ladies?) you should go to the e.r. to make sure that you don't get too dehydrated.
  • I hope you start feeling better soon. I'd call your doctor or the nurse's like like PP suggested. It sounds like you may have the flu.
  • Yeah, sounds like you may be suffering from that winter flu that is going around. You might want to call your OB and let them know. Remember to drink or eats lots of fluids, soups, or even Popsicles. You wouldn't want to be admitted for dehydration and hooked on an IV.
  • I've had the vomiting and diarreha twice so far. Both times were because of a GI tract infection. I had to be hospitalized once, because of dehydration. The second time I was able to pull myself through it. I start with sipping Gatorade. And if I can keep that down I move to water. Always sips. Anytime I chugged the water I immediately threw up .. Everywhere. If you start feeling faint or anything like that though .. get your butt to the hospital! I know how much it sucks :( feel better and please don't feel like it's dumb to go to the er! You gotta take care of yourself even more now!!
  • What did your doctor say? I agree with the PPs you need to be very careful not to dehydrate. Try drinking Pedialyte if you can. If you have not called your OB, please call them.
  • Hi! I also was diagnosed with sch.. And 4 days after I also had violent vomiting and diahrea, I called health link that they said if it persists for longer then 5-6 hrs to go to the hospital to get some fluids. I completely stopped drinking cause as soon as I had a sip it came directly back up!! The vomiting stopped right around the 5 hr mark.. So I took very small sips of water and slept.. The next day I felt horrible but I stopped throwing up.. My doctor said it was probably the flu or maybe food poisoning! Hopefully same for you and you feel better soon. I feel your pain tho! It was horrible!!! I've never thrown up so much in my life
  • A fever is 100.5 or above. Like the previous posts said, call your doctor and try and stay hydrated.
  • Called the on call doctor who mentioned there is a virus going around and there's nothing they can do so I just need to stick to the BRAT diet and drink as much fluids as possible. I asked when I should go in and she said 'if it lasts more than a few days' ... It's been 3. She honestly sounded annoyed. I hate dealing with the on call doctor.

Going to take it easy, eat simple and drink small sips of water. Hoping I can sneak out to pick up Gatorade or pedialyte. I've been on bed rest for over a week, taken off of it 2 days ago. My husband is at the end of his rope between doing everything for me and our toddler and all house work. Needless to say this is bad timing and I'm annoyed that he's so annoyed. Ugh. Thanks for the advice, all!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lchase04 said:

Called the on call doctor who mentioned there is a virus going around and there's nothing they can do so I just need to stick to the BRAT diet and drink as much fluids as possible. I asked when I should go in and she said 'if it lasts more than a few days' ... It's been 3. She honestly sounded annoyed. I hate dealing with the on call doctor.

Going to take it easy, eat simple and drink small sips of water. Hoping I can sneak out to pick up Gatorade or pedialyte. I've been on bed rest for over a week, taken off of it 2 days ago. My husband is at the end of his rope between doing everything for me and our toddler and all house work. Needless to say this is bad timing and I'm annoyed that he's so annoyed. Ugh. Thanks for the advice, all!

That's terrible that she sounded annoyed. Grrr
  • GI bugs are totally going around I had it for 2 days too. They told me as long as you're peeing 3 times a day then you're fine and to keep drinking as much as you can. Hope you feel better!
  • Rest, hydration repeat :) feel better soon!
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing