Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Question

*if this should go in another thread, I apologize in advance, but I don't think it fits in TTW or WTO*

I've been lurking a lot, and posting a little, and have a question. I understand the whole temp shifts and how that tells you when O day is, but my (stupid) question is how do you know when FW starts? Like, for example, if you don't know you O'd until after it happens, do you just HIO consistently after your period ends until O day? I'm pretty sure I'm out this month, so trying to figure out my plans for next month already.

thank you!

Re: Newbie Question

• edited December 2015
    After temping for a few months you should start to notice a pattern and along with secondary signs, you can make your best guess for when O will happen, then confirm after with temps. Confirming when you ovulated also helps with when to test and when you can expect your period.

Eta: I think the recommendation is HIO every other day until o is confirmed.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Ugh that's a lot of humping lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes. I agree with @CharmBombExplosion that would be your best bet to not miss FW until you have your cycle completely figured out. (If ever... hopefully you have a "regular" pattern.)
  • paigeedpaigeed member
    edited December 2015
    Unfortunately temps don't really predict a FW, for me at least. However, using OPKs can really help narrow it down, especially CBADs if they work for you.

The recommendation is HIO every other day until you confirm O. If you don't O until later in your cycle you could wait until about 7 days before anticipated O and begin HIO EOD.

ETA: Wondfos can be cheap OPKs that help predict O but only give you 1-2 days notice in advance. CBAD can give up to a week or more notice.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• A great way to identify when you're fertile is checking your cervical fluid. You are looking for watery or egg white consistencies. i would recommend reading taking chart of your fertility (book) or do a little research online about cervical fluid. 

Not everyone produces it, or you may need to check internally to see what you have but its a good idea to know what you are looking for. Drinking plenty of water helps that along too.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • babymish said:

A great way to identify when you're fertile is checking your cervical fluid. You are looking for watery or egg white consistencies. i would recommend reading taking chart of your fertility (book) or do a little research online about cervical fluid. 

Not everyone produces it, or you may need to check internally to see what you have but its a good idea to know what you are looking for. Drinking plenty of water helps that along too.

Yes to all this. Also, my cycles are pretty regular, with ovulation between day 14 and 20 (usually). If I feel lazy about checking cm one month, I will HIO every other day from day 8 to 20 or so and I'm usually covered.
    However, if your cycles are at all irregular this won't help much. Check CM and treat any day with fertile cm (egg white or watery) as fertile.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • As PPs said, CM is the best way to see an impending ovulation. And ditto to the TCOYF recommendation.
  • I use CM and OPKs to help. Good luck! Temping is just to confirm and help me predict for the next cycle if needed.

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016