July 2016 Moms
Options

Nerves between appointments...

This is my first, and we tried for over two years, so this is all new and very exciting! I've been nervous between my appointments... I just want to know baby is still in there! Symptoms have calmed down a bit, showing just a tad, but wish there was a way to know he/she is still there without buying the whole doppler kit. Anyone else, or am I just freaking myself out?

Re: Nerves between appointments...

• Options
    Just keep thinking to yourself "I am pregnant today". You could be pregnant for the tenth time and still have those feelings. I think that it's normal and most people will feel that way. There are days I forget I'm pregnant because my symptoms have stopped for the most part, minus the headaches and heavy boobs. But at the end of the day I am still pregnant. :)
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    It's really normal to feel that way, from what I gather! I find that I'm fine after each appointment, and the fineness lasts for a few weeks, but as the next appointment nears I get more anxiety. I think it's just part of being a mother and wanting everything to be healthy and normal!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    blissylissy86blissylissy86 member
    edited January 2016
    ...wait, my pube bun is abnormal? I just wanted a good vagina presentation strategy.

Edit for spelling
  • Options
    I think we're all feeling a little nervous in between each confirmation that things are fine. It helps to remember that you are pregnant now, and that it's all very normal. 

Here's a good thread on the jitters: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12650553/irrational-ultrasound-jitters/p1

• Options
    The anxiety never goes away! I found a Doppler helpful (it's not a "whole kit" it's just a small handheld thing)

Me: 33 DH: 32 SA#1 low count (6mil) SA#2- now in IUI range!(30mil) Dx:MFI
    11/1- IUI#1,12/1- IUI#2, 1/2- IUI#3 all BFFN
    IVF#1. Long Lupron.ER 3/8 10R,4M,5F. ET 3/3-one 1AB, 2 frosties 5dp5dt-BFP!! Beta 3/25-794 Beta 3/27- 1794
    First u/s 4/8 saw hb. 4/22 missed mc 8w3d. d&c 4/26
    FET #1- bcp start 6/9. ET 7/12. 2 perfect blasts.5dpt-BFP!! 
    Beta 7/24 -1,239!! Beta 7/26- 2569 Beta 7/29- 7120.  U/S 8/7 hb 118! U/S 8/14 hb 143! U/S 8/20 hb 170. Graduated!! Stick baby stick! 

• Options
    You're not alone in this! I am the same way. I am ok for about 1 week after an ultrasound. After that week passes, the next few are absolute torture. I don't know how far along you are now, but i had an u/s at 11w and won't have another until 16w (I'm 13w2d now). I'm just trying to focus on how my body is changing and finding encouragement in that. Let's just say, I can't wait until I can think rationally again, haha.
  • Options

...wait, my pube bun is abnormal? I just wanted a good cagina presentation strategy.

I almost died reading this. Like literally choked on my drink and almost died. This is one of my favorite things I've ever read.
  • Options
    With DD, my nervousness eased up some in the 2nd trimester. Once I could feel baby kicking I felt much better because it was a constant reminder that she is alive in there!
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I have to actively convince myself everything is okay. I have my next appointment tomorrow and I can't wait to hear from her that everything is okay. I guess until I can feel the baby moving around I'm going to just have to remind myself everything is okay.
  • Options
    I had my first appointment at 9 weeks and everything was great. Rode that high for about 1.5 weeks. I'm 11 weeks now and my next appointment isn't until 14 weeks. Given my anxiety today, it's going to be a long 3 weeks.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    emeitaliaemeitalia member
    edited January 2016

******TW*****

I'm right there with you! This is pregnancy #5, preceded by 4 miscarriages over 12 years never having gotten past the 7 week mark with good news.

We had our 9 week scan and everything was perfect. I've had all the proper symptoms, nothing bad show up or happen....and yet I'm SO nervous for our NT scan tomorrow at 11w5d. I just dread hearing those words "I'm sorry but there's no heartbeat" ever again.

I have a feeling I'll only really relax once I'm able to feel regular movement from babes...even then, I'm sure I'll find something new to worry about! Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had my first appointment at 8 weeks and everything was fine. I'm going in tomorrow for the NT scan at 13 weeks and I'm pretty nervous. I haven't experienced any issues but the thought of having a mmc is terrifying after a previous mc at 6 weeks. The wait between appointments is excruciating.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. STM with no morning sickness. My blump has gone down. I don't have my first u/s until Wednesday and I just want to know that everything is alright.
  • Options
    In this boat too. Had a great ultrasound at 7 weeks and am currently at 11. I feel like my symptoms are subsiding which scares the hell out of me. I have to wait until next week for my 12 week prenatal appointment and then the NT scan at 12+2. I'm a nervous wreck.
  • Options
    Add me to the list as well. Everything was perfect at my 9week ultrasound and I'll be 13w3d when I go to my next apt this Friday, which doesn't include an ultrasound. I'm probably going to ask them if I can have a doppler just so I can have a little piece of mind. I was on cloud 9 after my initial ultrasound and that lasted maybe a week before the anxiety set in again. Every time I go to the doctors I half expect them to tell me something is wrong. I just keep trying to reassure myself that everything is fine every time I feel a little growing twinge or get another symptom of some sort. So chin up! It's not over until the fat lady sings right? (That's what I've been telling myself at least!)
  • Options
    I feel the exact same way. I know in reality things are fine, but I freak myself out because my symptoms are lessening, my boobs hurt less, and I am not really showing. But there have been nothing to indicate something is really wrong! I'm glad I am not alone! 
    I have my NT scan today so it'll be good to see this little nugget again for reassurance!
  • Options
    Symptoms are lessening and i am getting stressed out again. I have another 9 days until my next appt and hoping to hear my baby heartbeat. Last appt was at 9 weeks and saw baby and saw heartbeat. But then i have to wait a freaking month to make sure everything ok. Seriously how do people do this. I feel like breaking down and crying as i keep getting told not to worry but how can we not??
    Announcement at work sometime this week and then on facebook right after so hoping i can be happy and excited again after that.
  • Options
    emeitaliaemeitalia member
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    That's awesome @emeitalia! Happy for you. I'm so scared for my appointment on Friday! Hello Anxiety. Not so nice to see you! 
    Mommy to an angel baby and a sweet little girl Earth side.
  • Options
    It is normal for symptoms to lessen as 1) the placenta really picks up the pace and 2) as you head into the 2nd trimester.
    The worst symptoms tend to be from week 6 to week 9.
  • Options
    I'm currently 15+2 and I just had an appointment a few days ago, we listened to the HB and everything was perfect with a HB of 150. I won't have another U/S for a few weeks and didn't get one this last time as I went in because I was cramping/ nervous about that. But being 15 weeks and most of my symptoms are gone, my blump has gone down immensely so I feel I'm always nervous about something "happening". Welcome to being a parent I guess, I hear the worrying never ends. ;)
    Image result for jackson april gif baby