November 2015 Moms

Baby Formula Maker

I got a great deal on a Baby Brezza, I know someone on here mentioned they had another formula machine. So I'm hoping she or someone else might know the answer.

So what do you do when baby is eating odd number for formula? Right now LO is eating 3, so I was thinking I would make 4 and pour off 1 oz and put in fridge to add to next bottle. I didn't see this mentioned in the manual anywhere and I don't see why it would cause an issue. The next bottle would just be a little cooler.

Re: Baby Formula Maker

• Ahh please update how it works! I'm trying to convince DH to buy one! We're currently using ready to feed but once she's a little older we're switching to powder and I want a "baby keurig" in the worst way haha.
  • Will do! LO gets hangry so quickly, even with a 90 second bottle warmer he turns red from crying! I hoping this solves that problem!
  • Loading the player...
  • When DD comes off the boob, I so want one! Hopefully it's everything it's cracked up to be. Keep us updated!
  • So I washed all the parts yesterday and used it first thing this morning and I'm in love! It made a 4 ounce bottle in 30 seconds at the perfect temp!

Downsides:
    The one I bought was an older version, it's a little loud but I'll deal.
    It appears you have to keep it on throughout the day to ensure warm water. It will still make the bottle with the water that's in it but it won't be warm and might need to be shaken to completely mix it.
    You have to clean parts of it daily, a bit of a pain but I'll deal.
    The formula has to be filled past a min line. Not a big deal unless you're like me and hoping to get the OK to take LO off Newborn formula and move to regular. I can get a way better deal on Sams Club brand and money is tight with me not working.

I would still buy it all over again, however now that I'm spoiled it anything happens with this one I will have to buy another lol.
  • I really wanted one of these when I first saw it, but after reading the 1-star reviews on amazon.com, I was too scared. I decided it isn't worth the risk and, when the time comes, I will mix it by hand.
  • I really wanted one of these when I first saw it, but after reading the 1-star reviews on amazon.com, I was too scared. I decided it isn't worth the risk and, when the time comes, I will mix it by hand.

Same here. I got excited reading about people's experiences here, then Amazon quickly swayed me from spending that kind of money. Not to say I won't buy one later, but for right now I'm skeptical.
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2015
    I got a really good deal on it, I don't think I could drop that much cash without trying it first. I also think the one I got was one of the originals, it has the dial setting instead of the inserts.
  • I have one and absolutely love it. It is a little annoying that you can only make even numbered ounces. My LO eats 4 oz now but when she was eating 3 I had a little glass I would save the extra ounce in and add to the next bottle. Or sometimes I would make two bottles and save one for next time.
  • edited December 2015
    @lindsayp916 Ok cool, that's what I've been doing as well. Also noticing the bottles come out about .5 ounce over the marker line on the bottle. When I hand mix they are only slightly over. Wondering if I was messing them up the whole time as those ittty bitty scoops are a pain in the ass!

Edit: So LO is sleeping (shock!) and I didn't know what to do with myself so I tested my Brezza after you guys had mentioned the negative reviews. So I tested how much water was being dispensed and it's spot on. Then I took all the formula out of the hopper and took a scoop and filled in the open area that measures the formula and it was pretty exact. So I'm confident it's preparing them correctly.
  • I hope you have better luck, mine was very inconsistent. It would add to much water and not enough formula. I even cleanwd it everyday. My lo would not eat it. I just hand make everyday,less fussy to now
  • I hope so too! I'm just going to keep an eye on it and if something doesn't seem right I'll test it again. I think as long as you have the right setting selected and the parts are together properly the only part I could see being problematic is the water pump. We had that issue with our first Keurig.