October 2015 Moms

Breast pump bag recommendations

What do you use to transport your breast pump, accessories, and cooler to and from work? I got the Medela Pump in Style Starter Kit through insurance, which is basically the pump only. I'm looking for a bag that is big enough and sturdy enough to hold everything I need each day when I go into work, which is essentially the pump itself, cooler, and accessories (pump parts and approximately six 5 oz bottles with lids, my laptop, notebook, and wallet. Plus a few little items like makeup, Chapstick, etc. What bags have you found that work well? I thought about buying the Medela tote, but I worry that given my pump will not be built into the bag the way it comes when you buy the whole bag set it won't be big enough. I've seen lots of mixed reviews. Recommendations appreciated!

Re: Breast pump bag recommendations

• I'm a big fan of the Vera Bradley tote bags. They come in several different sizes so you can pick what works best. They also have tons of cute patterns! They can be $$$$ so I've always lucked out finding them on clearance.
  • The Medela bag I've seen online is actually just a black tote bag ... I believe the built in one has to come that way (got my medela pump in style advanced through insurance as well).

Honestly for me, I just use one of the Victoria's Secret gift with purchase tote bags that I have around the house it's big enough to fit everything and I just keep stuff separated on my own, pump parts in ziploc, makeup in makeup bag etc ... I don't go to work every day though I do this when we travel to my parents house and I will need to pump there :) Target has some really good tote bags online !
  • Loading the player...
  • I just ditched my purse for a backpack. I miss my purse but when LO is older I'll start using it again
  • I have an LL Bean canvas bag that has a zipper. It's perfect and fits all my pump stuff! Sturdy too.
  • I use a backpack. I keep a small collapsible lunch pouch as a cooler and it fits right inside.
  • I bought a second large diaper bag. Works great with all the compartments
  • I got my Pump Style Advanced through insurance I did get the Medela bag at Target online.

https://m.target.com/p/medela-breast-pump-shoulder-bag-with-accessory-kit-for-pump-in-style/-/A-14994073

The bag is fine, nothing special. I like that it came with the cooler and accessories so I feel it was worth it. The bag is big enough for my pump, the cooler and the pump accessories. It's got some extra room so you could probably throw a water bottle or book in there too.