April 2016 Moms
Options

Gut Feeling About Baby's Birth Day?

spicedicespicedice member
edited December 2015 in April 2016 Moms
I created a thread before asking what days you hoped you could avoid giving birth, but now I want to know if any days/weeks stick out to you for baby's actual birth day.

For DS1, there was just something about July 7-9 that stuck out to me... I went into labor the 7th and he was born the 9th! This time around, there is something about the week of April 4th that just calls to me... Plus, I think DS2 will be born before DS1 turns 21 months old just to spite me.

Any gut feelings, ladies?

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gut Feeling About Baby's Birth Day?

• Options
    No gut feelings on when I have a feeling this little one will come, I just hope that she waits until the 1st and comes before the 10th! Due date is the 4th.
  • Options
    I have no idea. Just hope it's in April
    DS born on 4/16/16

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had a feeling about 4/15. I'm due 4/17 and DD was 10 days late so we'll see!
  • Options
    I'm not sure, but her due date is 4/24, DH birthday is 4/26, FIL is 4/28, I'm 5/7, so it's going to be an exciting couple of weeks of birthdays. For insurance (& sanity) reasons, I'd prefer she arrive BEFORE 5/7. I was electively induced 4 days early with DS, so the only gut feeling I have is that I will dive into active labor in the middle of the night while DH is at work - it's impossible to get ahold of him unless he's on break - and will end up driving myself and DS to the hospital in our PJs. :#
  • Options
    I am having an April baby since they won't let me go past April 27 and my last induced labor was 8 hrs long.

With DD I didn't really have a gut feeling. With this one, I feel like I am going to go early. I just feel farther along and am getting more uncomfortable earlier this time. Although to spite me I could see LO arriving on 4/17 since it's the only day of the month I don't want too give birth (DDs bday)
  • Options
    St0v3sSt0v3s member
    edited December 2015
    My due date is 4/2 but for some reason I feel like the LO will arrive 3/28. It doesn't matter to me either way as long as it's not 4/1 or after 4/10

Me- 25,DH-28

Anniversary

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Baby girl is due 4-16, which is DH's birthday... I had a dream she was born 4-24 so that would be cool for me, but DH really wants a baby for his birthday. Timing wise, as long as she comes after I get out of work on 4-15, we are good to go!
  • Options
    mrstraxmrstrax member
    edited December 2015
    I'm trying really hard to plan for close to 4/9 (DHs birthday and a week after I'm due). DD was 9 days early, so I think March's actually reasonable, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then have 3 weeks of "why am I still pregnant?!?"
    Anniversary 
  • Options

@fbanke42 my 17 year old's birthday and my uncle's are both on July 9 too. :) My due date was July 7, they tried inducing July 8, but only sent me home after a full day of Pitocin didn't work and then I went back in on the 9th and they broke the water. I had her that night, a 10 1/2 pound baby moose via C Section because I stopped dilating. See, my uncle knew I was due around his birthday and he was hoping it would be on his day so he got what he wanted. I made him a great uncle that day, literally speaking. :)

This baby here, I'm due Friday, April 22 but my OB and I already talked about having the repeat cesarean  a week sooner, which is Friday April 15 (tax day). I don't know what to think about that so I might see about waiting until Monday April 18. Thing is, we want to take the baby out before I go into labor so it doesn't complicate things because I'm not a VBAC candidate due to past complications.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm due 3/31 so I hop back and forth between the March and April boards, both have such great ladies!
    I don't have a feeling about going on a certain day, but I would love for baby to come on 3/30 as it is my bday and last year I got a nephew for birthday! My SIL and I are both secretly hoping for a shared birthday so we can do lots of fun trips and parties together for the cousins.
  • Options

I'm due 3/31 so I hop back and forth between the March and April boards, both have such great ladies!
    I don't have a feeling about going on a certain day, but I would love for baby to come on 3/30 as it is my bday and last year I got a nephew for birthday! My SIL and I are both secretly hoping for a shared birthday so we can do lots of fun trips and parties together for the cousins.

My MIL is hoping for the 9th since that's DH's cousin's 1st birthday. DH and his uncle are really close, so I could see them being excited for shared birthday parties.

Anniversary

• Options
    rebelone said:

@fbanke42 my 17 year old's birthday and my uncle's are both on July 9 too. :) My due date was July 7, they tried inducing July 8, but only sent me home after a full day of Pitocin didn't work and then I went back in on the 9th and they broke the water. I had her that night, a 10 1/2 pound baby moose via C Section because I stopped dilating. See, my uncle knew I was due around his birthday and he was hoping it would be on his day so he got what he wanted. I made him a great uncle that day, literally speaking. :)

This baby here, I'm due Friday, April 22 but my OB and I already talked about having the repeat cesarean  a week sooner, which is Friday April 15 (tax day). I don't know what to think about that so I might see about waiting until Monday April 18. Thing is, we want to take the baby out before I go into labor so it doesn't complicate things because I'm not a VBAC candidate due to past complications.

I have a feeling they'll want to induce me early, since I was supposed to wait until 24 months PP before getting pregnant again (oops) because of pre-eclampsia. The closer together, the earlier it starts. It may just depend on my BP. With DS1, it started at 38 weeks. They had me in every other day for monitoring, but decided to just do an emergency induction because my contractions were 3 minutes apart 3 days before my EDD. I'm really thankful that they let things progress and that I didn't end up with a C-section. I think if things had kept up, they would have scheduled me for a c-section on the 9th.

Anniversary

• Options
    I keep thinking baby will be early, somewhere in the teens. But, I'm not going to plan for that. I'm going to say sometime after the 21st. As long as it's not the 20th or 26th, I'll be fine.
  • Options
    I definitely have a gut feeling that my delivery date will be April 12!  My due date is April 9... but April 12 is stuck in my head - probably because it's also my mom's birthday :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited December 2015
    I'm due 4/6, I'm putting my money on 4/7 because I don't have high hopes of delivery before my EDD, 7 is my lucky number, and that's guessing late without being cruel to myself. DH told me yesterday he had a dream I delivered 2 weeks early and he never remembers dreams, so we'll see.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Anytime bw 38-41 weeks is fine with me. With that being said, by dd is 4/6 and DH and I both think he's coming on 4/4 so I'm going with that!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    EDD is April 29, but I've gone early with all 3 of mine. I'm feeling April 23, mainly because it's the only day in the week before my due date that has a patron saint that is on our short list for names. DS is Henry and was born on the feast day of St Henry de Osso, but we didn't realize until SIL told us several days later.
  • Options
    Idk about a gut feeling, but since my due date is the 25th, I was overdue with my last baby, and each of my pregnancies has gone longer than the last, we're just planning on a May baby. Hopefully planning for it to be quite late will help a little bit with the "why am I still pregnant?!" meltdown I fully expect to have, hahaha.
  • Options
    My fluctuating EDD has been 4/25 or 4/30. He's been measuring big lately but who knows! I don't have a gut feeling, I could very well have a May baby. But since we've been planning for April, I hope he comes April.
  • Options
    If I don't go by gut feeling and instead go with reason, I think about 4/9-12. DS1 was born 6 days earlier than what my adjusted EDD would have been if my doctor had chosen to change it. If the things about second babies is true, then DS2 should be either earlier or about the same for timing. Adjusted EDD is 4/18, so subtract 6 is 4/12!

Anniversary

• Options
    EDD is 4/14, but I somehow keep thinking that it'll be 4/12 (my youngest brother's birthday). Mostly because my mom does NOT want him to come that day! ha. DH is convinced that he'll be born on his due date because it's a Thursday and my doctor doesn't work on Thursdays. She informed me that her patients never have babies on Thursdays, but she's probably never had a patient as contrary and strong-willed as me.
  • Options
    I KNEW for a fact that my son would be late. In fact, I was so sure that I encouraged my husband to go to his best friend's bachelor party, two days before my due date, four hours away.

I just KNOW this baby is going to be late, too. My son was a week late... hoping this one is just maybe 4 or 5 days late.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    My best friend is currently 41+6. She has said all along that she would make it to 42 weeks. They stripped her membranes this morning and have her induction scheduled for tomorrow morning. Definitely a more patient woman than I.
  • Options
    I'm due April 6 but my gut tells me march 31st or April 2nd for some reason. Don't ask me why, I have no logic, just instinct.
  • Options
    @thaisac1 No logic needed for this one. Baby will come when it is time... Until then, we can make guesses based on absolutely nothing.

Anniversary

• Options
    My gut is telling me he will arrive 4/4 even though my due date is 10/4. My birthday is 8/8 so I think it would be cute with the symmetry.

• Options
    I am due 5/3 and have a c section scheduled for 4/26. My gut it that I will go into labor before the scheduled date, but we shall see! DS was a week late.
  • Options
    I was due 4/20 with DS1... he came 3/20... big and beautiful!
    I was 35w1 with my twins and 37w with DS4 soooo.......
    I am due 4/20 this time and I'm guessing April Fools Day! No idea why just my gut

Fwiw. .. I was scared DS4 would come on Christmas but I held off until 12/26...
  • Options
    I'm due 4/6, but have a feeling he will be a March baby. No specific date is sticking out right now.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers