Pregnant after a Loss

Intro. Trying to calm down and get excited.

Hi ladies, hope you're all doing well, and the babes are alive and kicking. I had a natural MC last September at only 6 weeks. I'm pregnant again and will be 18w tomorrow. Everything has been fine so far, but I feel like I'm more worried as time passes instead of calmer/more excited. I about panicked at my 16w appt and my 20w appt makes me nervous already. I'm hoping once I feel movement (I have an anterior placenta), I'll be able to chill out. I also worry that I may have hurt the baby in some way with all my dance moves at a wedding last week. Have been feeling twinges and stretching pains (mostly on my left side) since that night, but no blood or painful cramping.

Anyway, just needed to vent. Any words of advice or shared experiences are welcome:)

Re: Intro. Trying to calm down and get excited.

• I'm only 9 weeks, but I'm feeling good about this pregnancy. I've made it farther than my other two. I wish I could share my calm feelings with you. --I doubt dance moves would hurt a baby, if that's any consolation.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Congrats! I've asked my dr why I feel more on my right side and she said baby probably hangs out there more. I will be 15 weeks on Thursday and still worry every day. I've had 2 losses both at 7w5d. I'm hoping after my next appt (17w) I start to feel more confident about this pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Best of luck to both of you! I'm glad your pregnancies are going well so far!! Pregnancy is such a crazy thing. My sister lost two at 12 weeks and she's 15 weeks now. She's much calmer than me. My poor child. If I'm this anxious now, how am I going to be when the kid is alive?? #futurehelicoptermom #teeupthetherapists
  • Similar position after our 1st child we had a loss... then we were blessed with dd2.. may of this year we had a surprise we had a heartbeat etc but at 9 wks it all went down hill and I mc naturally. We have just found out we are pregnant again. I'm trying to be calm my doctor is amazing at trying to relax me (1st visit yesterday) she has put me on progesterone so fingers crossed for a sticky and healthy bean.!
  • jacobsone2jacobsone2 member
    edited December 2015
    The baby is so protected in there, there's no way dancing hurt the baby. I know how you feel though. The other day it was raining when my daughter and I came out of the grocery store and we started running and then I caught myself and started walking. I know it's so silly, I know I can't hurt it. But I'm super paranoid. I had an anterior placenta with my daughter and I felt her move at 19w4d while I was sitting in the waiting room for my anatomy scan. She kicked me so hard, there was no mistaking it for gas that time. It was one of the best days ever. Its just around the corner for you and I'm sure once you feel that, you'll feel a lot better! :)