July 2016 Moms
Options

Diagrams of growing uterus throughout pregnancy

I know we've all been tracking how big the baby(-ies) fruit size is each week but I found this website that is actually pretty cool if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10237

Re: Diagrams of growing uterus throughout pregnancy

• Options
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    I really enjoyed this. Thank you for posting.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very cool!
  • Options
    I love it
  • Options
    Oh my gosh -- I never realized that my intestines are going to get jammed up under my lungs. Am I seeing that right?
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @CarrieandRoy haha, yup! I had the worst heartburn with DD. That's probably why. I haven't had any yet but at the first sign, I'm getting the largest bottle of Tums from Sam's Club!
  • Options

Oh my gosh -- I never realized that my intestines are going to get jammed up under my lungs. Am I seeing that right?

It will most likely be hard to get a good breath. Getting kicked in the ribs and punched in the bladder is weird and hard to get used to!
  • Options
    That's nuts! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    This all seems so alien to me. At some point I'm going to have to read about the other trimesters and L&D, but right now the nausea has me entirely focused on getting through each day.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options

Yup! My last baby was 8.5lbs. And it was so hard to breathe. I couldn't wait for him go drop... Then he did. And it didn't help. My lungs were still squished AND his big head was in my pelvis making it hurt to walk or sit or anything at all. Lol. Wait.... why am I doing this again?
    Yep. Until the baby drops. Then you have pelvic pressure and have to pee. Every. 10. Minutes.
  • Options
    This has always been my favorite diagram to show just where the baby is and how everything is shifting.

https://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I was just looking for something like this the other day, because I definitely have a small bump, but I don't think it's uterus yet, I'm guessing it's uterus shoving intestines that direction for now. I have a very short torso, so I'm a bit concerned about all of the squishing. I'm assuming I'm going to have to get HUGE just to have somewhere for baby to go.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker