Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Getting back in the gym

It's been 3 months since our last mmc and I am still not happy with the way my body is but I finally feel like I am in a good place to work on myself. But I feel so guilty. If my first would have stayed I would we 39 weeks tomorrow and would not be able to hit it hard in the gym. If the 2nd would have made it I would be 17 weeks and just walking and moderate work out. I feel like everytime I start to move on with my life I have guilt of 'forgetting' my babies or the effect it had on my body.

But on a positive note the past 2 times I have changed my eating habits and started back in the gym I got a BFP that month or the next so maybe fingers crossed.

Re: Getting back in the gym

• I'm sorry you're feeling guilty, its a hard thing to shake. I have similar feelings sneak up on me when I realize I'm doing something I wouldn't if I was pregnant.

I just try to remind myself being the healthiest me I can be is the best thing I can do for me, the daughter I lost and any future pregnancies. Do you have a workout buddy? Going with my husband or sister helps me relax a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not I will be doing it alone. Which is oddly comforting. To know that I am able to do it alone and I can face those thoughts and keep going.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think of it as I'm getting stronger and healthier For my next pregnancy, the healthiest I am, the best mom I will be! Also a good work out is therapy for me. Also if you work out normally you can maintain during pregnancy! I do a bootcamp class (burpies, lifting, jumping..) and multiple women have maintained the class their whole pregnancy with really only modifications for abs and when they got too big!

My current goal is to start running again, I had stopped and want to be able to while pregnant. 1/2 marathon here I come!
  • I completely understand your feelings. I should be 27 weeks, not starting a workout routine 3 weeks after losing my daughter. I just remind myself that is important to have a healthy me for future pregnancies. I hope you catch your rainbow soon mama.
  • I've just gone back to the gym and I'm doing similar things as before I started spotting and miscarrying. I'm finding I can't push myself as hard but the endorphins are helping my grief (I miscarried last week). But I understand how you might feel guilty - a part of me wants to go out for sushi and a rare steak before we start TTC again. But we don't go out for dinner often so a part of me feels like going out is a celebration and that is the last thing I want to do right now and I'm feeling conflicted. 

In your case I'd try to view it as honouring your babies and making yourself as healthy as possible for their future sibling. 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I've been going to the gym and doing lots of biking while reading a series over I enjoyed, keeps my mind off things. We r from Wisconsin and have a trip planned for somewhere warm in February! Something to give me more motivation to get in shape and bikini ready while being healthy before TTC again.
  • We booked a sick trip to PR in February and I have the NYC half marathon in late March. Going to focus on getting my butt back in shape. Want to try to break under 2 hrs, so that should be good motivation.