September 2016 Moms

Daycare?

Maybe I'm the only crazy one, but has anyone started thinking daycare yet? I'm in Denver and I heard that the wait lists are long, so I started calling this morning. The Primrose by my office doesn't have any infant spots until February 2017!! We're doing our first tour tomorrow afternoon.

Re: Daycare?

• I will personally be waiting until at least 12 weeks to do any real planning. Things are just too uncertain before then and I think it would be really hard to have to make a bunch of phone calls to take our name off lists.

With DS I started putting his name on lists when I was about 20 weeks pregnant.
  • I actually agree with @0SeaMonkey0
    While I get the urgency for a spot, it would be so hard to call and remove yourself. Coming from someone PGAL, I can't imagine if I had had to call and remove my name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here, with my first loss it was already so hard to call the few people I had told. I cannot imagine calling daycare lists, it would be heartbreaking.
    Maybe I say this because I won't have to worry about daycare since I stay at home but I would certainly wait until at least the first ultrasound and hearing a heartbeat, then the risk of misscariage drops significantly.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• I'll probably only put us on one list, since our preferred location has availability right in time. That definitely would be a terrible call to make if something were to happen.
    Unfortunately if I don't get on the list now I likely won't have a daycare available when I plan on going back to work, since they only take 2 infants per month.
  • I'm in a similar situation where the waiting lists are long...I think we'll start looking after our first ultrasound at 8 weeks.