Infertility

Do you keep testing?

Hi!
I feel like a nutter, took another pregnancy test today.
Even though I had my period after ET in November and will start FET next month.
Something was 'off' and I started wondering, them damn boobs keep growing and I did not feel I was ovulating (Ovulation is not pain free for me) so doubt (and a slight hope) popped up, told my cousin whom flew up stairs (tripped over in excitement) to get a test.
Another BFN, which makes sense and wasn't a shock, and afterwards I felt stupid for even thinking I was.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Do you keep testing?

• It's not stupid. It's irrational, but not stupid.

And given how stressful this all this, it makes total sense to be a little irrational from time to time.

I've also wondered if I might be pregnant after my period, if I might be one of those very rare people who bleed but stay pregnant. I haven't gone so far as to test again, but I've been tempted. If I'd given in, I wouldn't beat myself up over it.

I've also had moments of crying hysterically over nothing, and I mean nothing. That's also irrational, but understandable.

Just do what works. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your FET!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I've done this too.  I like how @KLake42 said it.  It's irrational, but not stupid.  I can be extremely irrational sometimes!  I took a pregnancy test last week because my OPKs kept coming up negative and I though hey, even though I got my period, maybe the reason I'm not ovulating is because I"m actually pregnant!  Nope.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I can live with being irrational, especially when I'm not the only one :)
    It's such a frustrating situation, guess for a weird reason I feel like doing something while waiting for my new cycles to start.
    Thank you both for replying @KLake42 and @wifeinraleigh28!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Don't worry you are definitly not the only one, and not stupid at all. I understand completly why you would do this, I have done the same kind of things.

In our situation, when we struggle so long to conceive our mind plays tricks on us... Sometimes I felt like I was going crazy.

I am so sorry about the negative this time, I realy hope that your FET results in a positive and a beautiful healthy baby.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Our minds definitely play tricks with us. Funny and annoying how that works @Alyeena

I'm so glad I found 'the bump' and can complain, wonder, question, share, ... all my worries, experience, thoughts, questions, ... on here!
    I'm doing this on my own, and even though my family and friends are extremely helpful, caring and there for me. They all have popped out babies when planning to pop out one, and it's sometimes frustrating when they don't understand (both for me as well as for them)
    Its nice to hear a 'done that, felt that, thought that, injected that, .. and not getting a big question mark back with a 'what are you talking about' :)