November 2015 Moms

Growth spurts?

Hello all!
My baby was 5 weeks old on Friday... He has been sleeping all day long today. He wakes up every 3-4 hours to eat, which is longer than usual, and is still having wet and dirty diapers, but he only eats for about 5 mins on one side then falls back asleep. Is this just a growth spurt? Anyone else have similar experiences with their lo's at this age?
Thanks!

Re: Growth spurts?

• Sounds like a growth spurt. Be prepared to possibly be up all night nursing now. Mine seems to do that every 5-6 days. Sleep all day eat all night and then goes back to normal.
  • Mine is 6w2d today, and I think we just finished a growth spurt. She wanted to eat every 60 or 90 minutes from Wednesday through Saturday (but still slept in 3-4 hour chunks at night, thank goodness), then she was a super sleepy baby all through Sunday and Monday. Between that and Christmas wearing her out, she did a 6 hour stretch of sleep both nights! I was hopeful she'd keep it up, but alas, last night she was back to 3-4 hour wake ups.
  • Loading the player...
  • That happened to my LO about the same time. He slept all day for like 3 days and only woke to briefly eat.