Re: Trying For A Sibling Check-In

• Options
    MaybeOneMoreMaybeOneMore member
    edited January 2016

What # baby are you TTC for? #3

What cycle? 2

Do you need a chart stalk? Not yet :smile:

Do you have a question? Nope

Rants? I'm soooo cold right now at work.

Raves? Meh. Not really right now

GTKY:
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies? Hoping I don't end up with carpal tunnel syndrome like I did for DD and DS. It was brutal!

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? DD and DS were very different babies and are very different children. I hope #3 is happy and sleeps like DD but eats and snuggles like DS.

@LoveIsOwlYouNeed I had PUPPPs as well for DD. was told by the midwife and OBGYN that you don't usually get it twice!

@atcwag @pshaortao @Kate08Young I was BFing DD when I found out I was KU with DS. DD was 9 months old!!

Eta: posted too quickly
  • Options

@atcwag - I have two friends who conceived #2 while BF a toddler. They both said it took a lot longer to get pregnant than with their first, but who knows if the breastfeeding has anything to do with it.

Ugh...it happens when it happens. He only nurses 2-3x/day and I've been having nearly clockwork cycles for over a year + promising signs of O (telltale O pain + EWCM), so I'm hoping it's not too long. It was 10 months before BFP last time....although it was a whole lot of NTNP (badly timed sex, hubby getting cold feet and pulling out, etc). I'm hoping for a shorter journey this time. We'll see.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @atcwag When I think about it, I know just as many people who were breastfeeding and got pregnant without planning to. I hope you have a shorter journey this go around too. Also, it cracks me up that your ticker shows that you are 158 weeks pregnant! 13th trimester...
  • Options
    @MaybeOneMore I have heard that too so I am optimistic for sure.  It really sucked!
  • Options

I have a question now! I'm glad to see so many BFing mamas so hopefully I can get some insight.

I nursed my daughter until she was a little over a year (2 weeks after he first birthday). I got my first period on December 14th and caught ovulation before that, so I know I only had a 9 day luteal phase. I know it's normal to have wonky cycles after weaning but I was wondering when they start to even out? I didn't temp this cycle because I was sick and with the holidays I couldn't be consistent and now I'm wishing I had.

I got a positive OPK today and that matches with my ovulation symptoms so I know it's happening soon, but I'm on CD 24, and I was dumb and started googling long cycles and everything says I may have a hormone imbalance or something. I can't find much on what's normal and what's cause for alarm after weaning. I hope this makes sense.

proud rescue mom of three dogs and a cat.
    Married since 9/14/2013

• Options

@atcwag When I think about it, I know just as many people who were breastfeeding and got pregnant without planning to. I hope you have a shorter journey this go around too. Also, it cracks me up that your ticker shows that you are 158 weeks pregnant! 13th trimester...

Haha, hilarious. I'm on mobile 99% of the time so my ticker doesn't show. Guess I'll have to amend that once I log in on my laptop.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lilliemom said:

I have a question now! I'm glad to see so many BFing mamas so hopefully I can get some insight.

I nursed my daughter until she was a little over a year (2 weeks after he first birthday). I got my first period on December 14th and caught ovulation before that, so I know I only had a 9 day luteal phase. I know it's normal to have wonky cycles after weaning but I was wondering when they start to even out? I didn't temp this cycle because I was sick and with the holidays I couldn't be consistent and now I'm wishing I had.

I got a positive OPK today and that matches with my ovulation symptoms so I know it's happening soon, but I'm on CD 24, and I was dumb and started googling long cycles and everything says I may have a hormone imbalance or something. I can't find much on what's normal and what's cause for alarm after weaning. I hope this makes sense.

If you're not temping, how did you catch your ovulation  in December? Ovulation can vary from cycle to cycle, especially if you're BFing. Temping would probably help you pinpoint things better and really is the only way to confirm ovulation so it might be your best bet as you wait for your body to regulate after BFing.
  • Options
    @loveisowlyouneed I was temping in December, and I started to this cycle as well but then I was sick and had a low grade fever for a few days plus with the holidays I wasn't getting consistent temps so I took this cycle off. We've BD pretty consistently this month so I'm not concerned with missing my FW, I'm just wondering if anyone on here has experience with TTC right after weaning. I can only find info on TTC while BFing.

Married since 9/14/2013

• Options
    lilliemom said:

@loveisowlyouneed I was temping in December, and I started to this cycle as well but then I was sick and had a low grade fever for a few days plus with the holidays I wasn't getting consistent temps so I took this cycle off. We've BD pretty consistently this month so I'm not concerned with missing my FW, I'm just wondering if anyone on here has experience with TTC right after weaning. I can only find info on TTC while BFing.

Ok. I understand now. Thanks. I do think it can take a while for your body to regulate after weaning, like when you come of BCPs. The waiting stinks, I know. Good luck!
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited January 2016
    lilliemom said:

My first cycle was really weird. I am slowly seeming to even our art a regularish 32 days with a 12 day literal phase. At first it was only ten, which freaked me out until I researched that bfing hormones cause shorter luteal phases.

ETA If I were inn your shoes I would wait a few months, temp, and see how things develop.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok. I understand now. Thanks. I do think it can take a while for your body to regulate after weaning, like when you come of BCPs. The waiting stinks, I know. Good luck!

It does! I'm not terribly worried, but I'm overthinking it when I see things that say your luteal phase doesn't change and I'm like, "but wait what about after weaning?!" I don't want to be stuck with a 9 day luteal phase for the rest of my life, lol.

Married since 9/14/2013

• Options

My first cycle was really weird. I am slowly seeming to even our art a regularish 32 days with a 12 day literal phase. At first it was only ten, which freaked me out until I researched that bfing hormones cause shorter luteal phases. ETA If I were inn your shoes I would wait a few months, temp, and see how things develop.

Yea, that's kind of what I've read too so I expected it, and I'm not completely getting my hopes up to get pregnant right away, but it's nice to know that it will even out eventually. :)

Married since 9/14/2013

• Options
    Seagodess7Seagodess7 member
    edited January 2016
  • Options

I'm a day late on this thread but I thought I'd throw my hat in with an introduction.

What # baby are you TTC for? #3

What cycle? NTNP - 1st cycle.  Trying to be more relaxed this time around (unlikely).

Do you need a chart stalk? nope.  Just getting back into the swing of things.  I charted with my other two which I found helpful as I have irregular cycles.

Do you have a question?  Not really?  I have been through these hoops before.  I haven't spent any time board lurking (although I've participated in this board in the past) so hoping it has a good vibe. 

Rants? Not really - maybe an explanation of why I'm here now.  My DS#2 just turned 2 so even though a part of me would like to enjoy him for a bit longer before the next baby the other part of me realizes that I'm not getting any younger and I would like to have a third baby.

GTKY:
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies? I had a bad recovery from the C-section with #2.  I have to have C-sections so my hope would be an easier recovery.  I also had morning sickness with #2 so I could do without that - it interfered a lot with daily life, exercise etc. 

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? #2 was tough to get to sleep through the night.  #1 was a breeze.  I could do with a better sleeper!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    What # baby are you TTC for?   #2

What cycle? 1 (only decided that we wanted no. 2 yesterday)

Do you need a chart stalk? see above.

Do you have a question? Not yet.

Rants? I'm still not sure about this, I've just started a new job, my toddler will turn 2 this week, It feels like the right time to start trying but I'm not sure if i'm actually ready just yet. Hubby has been bugging me for months about trying for no. 2 but I don't want to be pregnant in summer again (I'm aware that any time of year is a blessing) I really want a girl this time around (we will only be having two and I'd love the pigeon pair) I'd love them no matter what and any child or any gender is a blessing but I'd be disappointed if this one were to be a boy.
    I'm positive that if we don't get a BFP in the next 2 cycles I'm going to chicken out of this whole idea XD

Raves? 

GTKY: 
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies? I hope I don't end up with preeclampsia this time, or hypertension again, I'd like to look into pain relief for birth more this time and generally be more prepared, probably helpful that I know what I'm in for this time.

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? I want to give Breast feeding a better go this time, hopefully no dummy this time (still trying to get it off my two year old) and I'd like to try having this one self settle better than my son does.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @Magiccoffee15. You can't use just Abby old thermometer. I imagine figurehead ones are not sensitive enough. You want a basal body thermometer. You can use your mouth, but I find that because I'm a mouth breather it messed with my temps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ** loss mentioned.

Cycle: 2 TTC: #2

No chart

Rant: I just sighed a huge sigh of relief when I saw this discussion heading. I am breaking down. I am not dealing well at all. My daughter is 24 months, and I conceived back in May and would have been due February. I loved the fact they would have been 25 months apart. It was everything I wanted. I settled for the fact if I could conceive and be due in 2016 it would be okay because they would be two grades apart in school. It took me so long to accept the mc that we've only been TTCing for two months, but I can feel AF rearing her head and with the pending due date of my mc I'm not dealing. I just had to get that out. As my daughter gets older the pressure gets stronger, and we have a huge mom group and half of them have siblings for their los. I feel on some level in failing her. I know that dramatic but it's honest.
  • Options
    TW-Loss Mentioned

What # baby are you TTC for? 2

What cycle? 1/1 after loss in October. 

Do you need a chart stalk? No

Do you have a question? Not yet

Rants? I forgot how much I hate the waiting game. 

Raves? It is really nice to be trying to conceive again. 

GTKY: 
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies?
    Well when I do get pregnant again it will actually be my third time being pregnant and I didn't feel very good at all the first few weeks during my second pregnancy so I am hoping to have another wonderful pregnancy like my first and of course a take home baby with it!

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? 
    Hmm...DD was such a good baby I am honestly worried that our next one is going to be much harder. She slept through the night at 3 weeks and still sleeps like a dream and she is going on 3. She was never much of a crier either, so I guess I just hope for another laid back child like my sweet girl. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options

What cycle? 4

Do you need a chart stalk? Not much of a chart to stalk.

Do you have a question? Always, but I ask Google.

Rants? Totally going through the motions of the TWW. Sane, happy, SS, BSC, zen, etc.

Raves? I'm just super thankful to be going through this process now that DH is on board. I've been wanting #2 for over 3 years, and he always said he wasn't ready.

GTKY: 
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies? For it to be the same as the last one. Pretty easy and smooth (well, except for when it ended in an emergency c-section 3 weeks before my EDD).

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? BF'ing was hard until about 8-12 weeks and I went to two LCs so hopefully it'll be easier next time around.
    Me: 37, DH: 34
    Married: 10/29/09
    DD born: 11/30/10

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    momstahpmomstahp member
    edited January 2016
    What # baby are you TTC for?   #2

What cycle? 1 (only decided that we wanted no. 2 yesterday)

Do you need a chart stalk? see above.

Do you have a question? Not yet.

Rants? I'm still not sure about this, I've just started a new job, my toddler will turn 2 this week, It feels like the right time to start trying but I'm not sure if i'm actually ready just yet. Hubby has been bugging me for months about trying for no. 2 but I don't want to be pregnant in summer again (I'm aware that any time of year is a blessing) I really want a girl this time around (we will only be having two and I'd love the pigeon pair) I'd love them no matter what and any child or any gender is a blessing but I'd be disappointed if this one were to be a boy.
    I'm positive that if we don't get a BFP in the next 2 cycles I'm going to chicken out of this whole idea XD

edited for gif fail
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Options
    PaturkeyPaturkey member
    edited January 2016
    TW: Losses mentioned

I'm super late to this party and only skimmed things but here goes-

@MamaPerkins FX for your H's SA... which I guess already happened. I hope things are all good!

@PeggyOlsonFTW This is not my journey, but a gal in my BMB had back-to-back MCs followed by  a successful pregnancy and just had a second. Another gal in my BMB had two MCs followed by a current pregnancy, but she was put on progesterone for this one. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

@shaami1986 I use my post-O temps to warn me of AFs impending arrival.

@lilliemom BFing does weird things to cycles and it's all individual. I am still nursing my 2+ year-old and didn't get my period back until he was 16  19 months and I think that's only because I went away for work for ten days and couldn't nurse during that time. I've had a 9-day LP for three cycles and then this last one was 13 days, out of nowhere. So I'd say it's really a crapshoot with how your body will respond after weaning. I hope it regulates quickly for you!

What cycle? 7

Do you need a chart stalk? Nope

Do you have a question? Nope

Rants? Not really.

Raves? DS is talking in sentences and learned how to use the word "me" properly last month so that's all super fun.

GTKY: 
    What is one thing you hope is different for future pregnancies?
    My pregnancy was awesome so I hope for something similar. But being less exhausted and indigested would be nice ;)

What is one thing you hope is better with your next baby? 
    My DS was off the charts skinny, like below the growth curve from 2-11 months (the BFing growth curve). He's totally fine and there was never a worry, met all his milestones etc. I think he just inherited my fast metabolism which will be great when he's older but sucked when he was a baby. I hope my next kid can pack on the pounds a bit more, but I also refuse to stress about it so much. Thank god I had supportive health folks around who never told me I needed to supplement since he was obviously thriving, just skinny. But random strangers who asked if I was sure I was feeding him enough? Yeah, they still will get the glare of death of it happens again.

ETcorrect months
  • Options
    @champhe This is the thread I was talking about. Also feel free to jump in the wto (waiting to ovulate) and tww (two week wait) threads to ask questions and get to know people.
    BabyFruit Ticker